YesNoOk

Autodesk Character Generator (Read 6080 times)

Started by Niitris, March 11, 2014, 04:38:40 am
Share this topic:
Autodesk Character Generator
#1  March 11, 2014, 04:38:40 am
Want to make your own characters... now you can.

Drastically reduce the time needed to create customized, rigged and ready-to-animate 3D characters with Autodesk® Character Generator; a new, easy-to-use, web-based service. With Character Generator, users have control over a character’s body, face, clothes and hair, and can then generate their customized character for use in popular animation packages: Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT™, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® software as well as in game engines like Unity. Generated characters can be used in hobbyist,  student, and commercial projects such as games, architectural visualizations as well as film and TV projects.

Still doesn't have anything on making models from scratch, but for anyone who is more familiar with Create-A-Characters from commercial games, give this a spin. I knew something like this would be made one day.

Unity is the engine used to run the Unity Fighting Engine, a customizable 2D fighting game engine that uses 3D models.
Re: Autodesk Character Generator
#2  August 27, 2014, 12:45:15 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
I tested it when it still was branded "Project Pinocchio", and was pretty easy to make a char. But now, some stuff is already for pay. Whatever, I've made three characters, two versions each.

Mixamo Fuse also is good, as is MakeHuman.
Re: Autodesk Character Generator
#3  August 30, 2014, 06:16:24 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
well the biggest hurdle is animations and this does not assist in that part.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.