YesNoOk

Jotaro (Read 32091 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, January 12, 2017, 07:59:23 am
Share this topic:
Jotaro
#1  January 12, 2017, 07:59:23 am
    • USA
Uh something I did outside of my project. Not to be compared to anything, just for fun. I've yet to see anyone actually do this as they all seem to take the easy route and do Star Platinum by itself  :innocent:. More than anything I'm trying to inspire people to pick more of these characters up! A few of you have messaged me about it as well. So you can see how I turned 3 into 6 & it can easily be done to any of the others. Combining the separate modes into one its easier to expand. Only has one special for now. No throw & I didn't disable it. The voices are super scarce so.... Yeah. I don't really need help with anything in particular, I'm sure I know what's wrong, but haven't had any motivation to fix, or work on this.

The fonts needed
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JS03qXzkc1s/ULd-XT0Le3I/AAAAAAAAATY/2ylqVll_uhA/s1600/jotaro+kujo+moveset.png

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Jotaro
#2  January 12, 2017, 09:46:56 am
    • USA
Wow, a CVS Style jojo? I can't wait to give him a try
#3  January 12, 2017, 10:39:04 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
A Jotaro in this style, Awesome! This is really cool, thank you for making and sharing it!
#4  January 12, 2017, 01:33:50 pm
    • Argentina
#5  January 13, 2017, 11:51:36 am
    • USA
Yeah it's good thanks. Some lvl3 ports of his part 4 self. CS at some point or if anyone else decides to do it. If anyone ever gets those voices as well, don't know if eyes of heaven had a sound mode as I never bought the game. I literally just got some of the voices from YouTube clips, it meshes well with the superpause so you can't really notice the background sound.
#6  January 13, 2017, 12:18:16 pm
    • Argentina
Does something like this work? :)
#7  January 13, 2017, 12:35:00 pm
Sorry for jacking the thread, but Hades can you hit me up with a template for the level 3 ports, I always get the colors wrong, or if I get them right, on the next one I mess them up again, cause my dumbass did not save the swatches.
#8  January 13, 2017, 02:08:05 pm
    • Argentina
Quite offttopic lol

#9  January 13, 2017, 08:34:39 pm
    • USA
That is Star Dust Crusaders Aka Part 3. This is part 4
Are you familiar with the series at all? If not you outta watch it, good stuff.
Just need some Jolyne sprites!!!
#10  January 13, 2017, 09:01:17 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
In case Hades doesnt know about series so he has no idea what renders he needs
Part 3 - Black suit(Capcom game and his most famous iteration,not what we need mein duden)
Part 4/5 - White outfit(What we need my dude)
Part 6 - Big star on cap and snake skin pants(Not what we need my dood)

Also I'm so fuckin glad someone is making a JoJo character again,its neat as fucknevermind,you're being immature as fuck
Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:35:22 am by Erroratu
#11  January 13, 2017, 09:22:56 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i agree...this jojo char is clean AF
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#12  January 13, 2017, 10:56:47 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
looks great
I need more PSN friends
#13  January 13, 2017, 11:51:07 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
One of the best releases of Mankind... It's delicious.
#14  January 14, 2017, 11:37:25 am
    • Argentina
I'm sorry! My bad, I hadn't watched the video (yes, I didn't even look at the thumbnail) or tested the char. I made it quick before leaving to work :-X

Nope, I haven't watched the anime (yet :ninja:). I'm sorry once again.

Edit: Here you go :)
Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:58:14 am by HadeS
#15  January 14, 2017, 10:25:58 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It's great to have a JoJo char in this style, BUT here's some feedback:
-The World super (D, B, D, B + P+K) never ends, it should last 5 seconds according to the anime, well, actually Jotaro can only stop time for 1 second, but 5 seconds is better for gameplay.
-The World super  (D, F, D, F + P+K) bugs on some stages, the screen is all white, you should try BG ´pal FX, not ALL Pal FX.
-Standing Medium punch can't be comboed from
-Air chain combos don't work, at all
-D, B, D, B + P super bugs if used while The World, the hand blue FX doesn't dissapear and it disables the pal fx
-Attacks stop hitting after some time during The World, it may be because P2 starts falling, I recommend preventing P2 from entering Get hit animations during this super, like in the first The World super.
-Have a readme, it helps the player

Will you add more specials and supers in the complete version?

#16  January 14, 2017, 10:45:25 pm
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
> CVS Jotaro

Well, I'm already not looking forward to this, given the whole 'core gameplay' problem that's been plaguing these conversions...
#17  January 14, 2017, 10:53:41 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
My man, post some real feedback or keep the negativity to yourself. Nobody cares if you like the playstyle.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#18  January 14, 2017, 11:06:46 pm
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
My man, post some real feedback or keep the negativity to yourself. Nobody cares if you like the playstyle.

At least let me edit my post next time, goddamn.

-Can't walk while holding down Star Finger. This is a core part of Jotaro's wakeup game. Why is this gone?
-Not everyone needs a run. Replace the run with Jotaro's dash, it just looks weird in practice.
-While the Normals involving his Stand are understandable, he's glued down whenever he does a special. He should also be able to move around while charging up Star Breaker (QCBx2+P), but he can't.
-Why is his ankle kick (F+B in the original game, a COMMAND Normal) a far normal? It also doesn't move him forward very far either.
-Not enough time to continue comboing with links. It's not JoJo's, I get that, but at least retain the feel of the character for crying out loud.
-Missed opportunity to blend Jotaro's Stand ON gameplay with his Stand OFF gameplay. His punches could have comprised all of his stand normals and his kicks could have been his regular ones.
Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:39:23 pm by Himeragi Yukina
#19  January 14, 2017, 11:48:05 pm
  • Dam Thes Sum Guu Ahz Pryzez !!!
    • USA
    • percy.moore50@yahoo.com
This is very interesting thx for the upload !
Real Ninjas don't sleep,.........they just take long blinks!
#20  January 15, 2017, 12:38:50 am
    • USA
Not to be compared to anything, just for fun.
I feel as though this may have been missed? Also neither of you read the first post? I've read the manga, I've watched the anime, I've played the games, I own them. I know how it works, you aren't teaching me anything new that I don't already know. I know exactly what I did when I did it. The entitlement/consumer mentality never could understand it. Never have I ever done a source adaption to anything, nor will I ever. Kinda the point of "mugen" to do what you want, so that outta just abolish any standard.

Might as well address a few things anyway.
1.You can air chain with the kicks? Umm.. Yes you can. The config is there I get it, but its just there for anyone else to play with. What I had it set to is what is recommended.

2.There is no formula, which is why I don't use monikers, which is why it says "Not to be compared to anything" which is why no requirement nor rules have to be kept. The topic title isn't "Heritage for the Future" "CVS" "MVC" etc.

3.I don't particularly make read mes ever as I have my own pause menu. Is it lazy? Yes. Do I assume most of you play fighters & should easily figure it out? Yes. Is that overestimation? Who can say? Will it kill you to take 5 secs to peep the command if you don't know fighting game 101 by now?

4.He is as basic as they come, it's not like he has a lot of moves nor a lot of sprites. The ASB super, he never had that. All the moves he had in those games are all its gonna be. Because you guys didn't read, or probably didn't notice.. The long range versions of the moves are the EX varations, or Lvl2 variations. Then you see "Alpha" and it all makes sense. Or you realize this was said.
Only has one special for now.
Anything I do is not to accommodate anyone, its just sharing something I did in spare time. Not to be compared, not for competition, not out to fulfill any criteria. Ya'll can easily edit it if that's big a deal that it's not like source or the anime, or ultimately of course create your own version with your personal vision.