YesNoOk

Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post (Read 549706 times)

Started by kenshiro99, January 11, 2017, 07:44:38 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post
#161  June 08, 2017, 10:08:59 pm
    • USA
no no he's asking if the ai can scale with the options. mugen 1.0 allows for the game to be easy in say easy 3 and extremely difficult on hard 8
#162  June 08, 2017, 10:14:37 pm
    • Brazil
no no he's asking if the ai can scale with the options. mugen 1.0 allows for the game to be easy in say easy 3 and extremely difficult on hard 8

Oh right, lol. Thanks for clarifying things for me Walruslui. Well, I really do not know, I did not even know this was possible. It would be cool if there is, get it, I'll put it on. Does anyone here know how to do it?
#163  June 08, 2017, 10:17:15 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Its too easy just take a look at one of jmorphmans chars cmd file, or mine if you like.
the hard part is setting attack patterns for the Ai
#164  June 08, 2017, 10:27:17 pm
    • Brazil
Its too easy just take a look at one of jmorphmans chars cmd file, or mine if you like.
the hard part is setting attack patterns for the Ai

Can you show me here the code of how it works?
#165  June 08, 2017, 10:29:51 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Look in the docs in the forum, there's help sections that explain how to do it, it's easy, the key is a line called "AiLevel", once you have that, it's easy, as Memo said, the hard part is coding the attack patterns

#166  June 09, 2017, 12:35:33 am
    • Brazil
Look in the docs in the forum, there's help sections that explain how to do it, it's easy, the key is a line called "AiLevel", once you have that, it's easy, as Memo said, the hard part is coding the attack patterns

Ahh I know of these AiLevels, usually the one who does my AI is the G-Knux, but it's interesting to know that. I would definitely like something for that in my chars. I'll run some tests.
#167  June 09, 2017, 02:05:52 am
    • USA
AI scale I coded only works for the  guarding and push blocking.
#168  June 09, 2017, 02:13:50 am
    • Brazil
#169  June 09, 2017, 02:26:52 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Whenever I get home I'll post you some examples, you could set
up a simple Ai pretty quick and later worry about setting attack
Patterns for your chars.  Its good to leave patterns for layer because
I feel like you should familiarize yourself well with the char so you
Know exactly what the char can do and code the Ai to do combos
And imitate your favorite set ups, combos ect..

lui

#170  June 09, 2017, 02:45:37 am
    • USA
speaking of push blocking btw, i think you need to increase the recovery on push blocking. ALL of the characters can instantly push block again and again which makes defensive play alot more OP than it should be
#171  June 09, 2017, 02:53:43 am
    • Brazil
Whenever I get home I'll post you some examples, you could set
up a simple Ai pretty quick and later worry about setting attack
Patterns for your chars.  Its good to leave patterns for layer because
I feel like you should familiarize yourself well with the char so you
Know exactly what the char can do and code the Ai to do combos
And imitate your favorite set ups, combos ect..

Yes really, I have no idea how the combos of each person works, but applying them in AI is one thing that still is not parei to explore. Who helps me is the G-Knux, so I did not bother to go deeper.
#172  June 09, 2017, 02:55:41 am
    • Brazil
speaking of push blocking btw, i think you need to increase the recovery on push blocking. ALL of the characters can instantly push block again and again which makes defensive play alot more OP than it should be

I've been noticing this too, I thought it was good before, because it made it a bit harder, but it's an hour that filled up. I thought in addition, to do a little harm in intervaing them from one to another.
#173  June 09, 2017, 06:11:30 am
i second the recovery timing as well. its almost there but it just needs to be adjusted a tad bit more.
i just also wanted to ask if these characters are open source??
#174  June 09, 2017, 04:01:27 pm
    • Brazil
i second the recovery timing as well. its almost there but it just needs to be adjusted a tad bit more.
i just also wanted to ask if these characters are open source??

Yes, I fixed the recovery time and put on a better animation, the way it was was strange. Yes, the first chars of chars will be open to everyone
#175  June 11, 2017, 06:42:45 am
    • Mexico
Kenshiro99 can you change the voice of Mr Buu in japanese? (if you want) (beacuse I hate the voice of Mr Buu in english)
#176  June 12, 2017, 06:04:16 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Kenshiro, have you thought about using hi-res FX? With the sprites you´re using the result would be amazing, you can turn the same fx you're using into hi-res with a decent image editor, there's plenty of tutorials.
Here 2 tutorial you can take a look at:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/using-gimp-hires-fx-176798.msg2297663.html#msg2297663

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/editing-effects-hires-84111.0.html

Another suggestion I have, since you're currently updating Goku, why not give him the instant transmission kamehameha? You could take a look at SSJ Goku Z2's code, It would make Goku even more cool.
You should also improve his teleportation, take a look at SSJ Goku Z2, he teleports to a different location depending on the button, right now your Goku has only 2 locations, forward and backwards, giving him more options would greatly improve his gameplay.

2 things about Bills:
-You should make the Afterimage strike combo activate on hit confirm. If the first hit connects then the combo continues, if it doesn't he stops and comes back to stand.
-God of Destruction Rampage can't be performed, everytime I try to do it he does the Headshot counter

Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:41:16 pm by QuickFist
#177  June 13, 2017, 02:19:18 am
    • Brazil
Kenshiro, have you thought about using hi-res FX? With the sprites you´re using the result would be amazing, you can turn the same fx you're using into hi-res with a decent image editor, there's plenty of tutorials.
Here 2 tutorial you can take a look at:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/using-gimp-hires-fx-176798.msg2297663.html#msg2297663

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/editing-effects-hires-84111.0.html

Another suggestion I have, since you're currently updating Goku, why not give him the instant transmission kamehameha? You could take a look at SSJ Goku Z2's code, It would make Goku even more cool.
You should also improve his teleportation, take a look at SSJ Goku Z2, he teleports to a different location depending on the button, right now your Goku has only 2 locations, forward and backwards, giving him more options would greatly improve his gameplay.

2 things about Bills:
-You should make the Afterimage strike combo activate on hit confirm. If the first hit connects then the combo continues, if it doesn't he stops and comes back to stand.
-God of Destruction Rampage can't be performed, everytime I try to do it he does the Headshot counter

Yes, in a way it would look really nice, but it takes a little work to edit all the sprites I'm using. Besides, I'm kind of like Old School and I'd rather sprites be like that. Maybe consider if I can get someone to do this for me, but in the future.

Regarding Goku, I had already thought about putting the Kamehameha with Teleport holding the punch buttons, this one in tests and I believe that it is able to make this movement.

On Bills, I've made the notes and will make the updates

Many thanks for the suggestions friend.
#178  June 14, 2017, 06:50:53 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
How does the Tag system work? I was trying to use it playing with the latest chars but it didn't seem to work, only with Vegeta I could tag the other char in but I couldn't control it

Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:50:22 am by QuickFist
#179  June 15, 2017, 02:33:58 am
    • Brazil
How does the Tag system work? I was trying to use it playing with the latest chars but it didn't seem to work, only with Vegeta I could tag the other char in but I couldn't control it

The latest chars use Unotag, Tag made by a program that can be downloaded here in the forum. It is what I will use in others and in the game when I launch because I think it is better and many people also use the same system. Those of Goku, Vegeta, Zoro and Luffy are another system, one in which my friend G-Knux uses in his chars, I just do not remember now what it is.
#180  June 15, 2017, 04:06:04 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I have some feedback on some of the DBZ chars:
General (also applies to the One Piece chars)
-There's almost no difference between each special version, light, medium and strong versions should be different, in damage, start-up, and function.
-Everyone should have a lvl 3, you can make a new super or turn an already existing one into it.

Goku:
-KameHameHa blast hitspark not properly aligned

Vegeta:
-Driving Elbow passes through P2 if not in the corner and too close.
-Big Bang Attack can't be performed.
-Final Flash should be yellow.

Freeza:
-Energy Slash can't be performed with strong punch
-the psychokinesis' rocks could act as a shield, look at Infinite's Dr Doom's code for reference.
-Death Ball must have an air version.

Buu:
-an air version of Buu Breath would be very useful

18:
-17 and 16 assists don't work.
-Command grab doesn't work
-Destructo Disk can't be performed

Krillin:
-Dash Back Shot can't be performed with kicks