YesNoOk

(solved) Colors of character COMPLETELY wrong on portrait. (Read 63212 times)

Started by HexagonalMilo10, April 07, 2018, 05:53:28 pm
Share this topic:
(solved) Colors of character COMPLETELY wrong on portrait.
#1  April 07, 2018, 05:53:28 pm
Hi everyone. I'm currently building a mugen roster, and I've come across a little problem. In my select screen, a characters colors look completely off, while in game, they look absolutely fine. here's what it should look like:

but instead it looks like this:

any ideas?
It looks like you are trying to read my signature. Would you like help with that?
Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:22:44 am by HexagonalMilo10
Re: Colors of character COMPLETELY wrong on portrait.
#2  April 08, 2018, 11:50:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Use Imgur to upload your images. Google doesn't seem like it likes to be linked to.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  April 09, 2018, 11:28:07 am
It looks like you are trying to read my signature. Would you like help with that?
#4  April 09, 2018, 12:35:09 pm
    • USA
Try to repair it with charsffdtow.exe.  You'll need to find it on the internet somewhere if you don't have it.  Just drag the character's SFF file onto the EXE and it will make a backup.  If that doesn't work, load the SFF into Fighter Factory 3, auto sort the sprites, and save.
#5  April 09, 2018, 10:06:06 pm
Try to repair it with charsffdtow.exe.  You'll need to find it on the internet somewhere if you don't have it.  Just drag the character's SFF file onto the EXE and it will make a backup.  If that doesn't work, load the SFF into Fighter Factory 3, auto sort the sprites, and save.

charsffdtow.exe worked! thank you! i just have one more concern.
the character's color is supposed to be red, but the little icon in battle shows her in blue clothes. this is probably because when i press A on the select screen, she's blue. how do i fix this?
https://imgur.com/aZTbCWs
#6  April 11, 2018, 05:42:46 pm
    • USA
It has the wrong default color set.  I'm not sure why/how it applies that palette instead of the currently used one ingame.

In DEF, change the "pal.defaults =" line so that the first number is the one for the red palette.  (ex: pal.defaults = 1,2,3,4,5,6)
#7  April 15, 2018, 02:21:46 am
It has the wrong default color set.  I'm not sure why/how it applies that palette instead of the currently used one ingame.

In DEF, change the "pal.defaults =" line so that the first number is the one for the red palette.  (ex: pal.defaults = 1,2,3,4,5,6)

it works! thanks!