YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248205 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#781  November 01, 2012, 01:13:33 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Damn you Dcat. This entire thing is like a giant cock tease.

Huh let's see. . .ideas for Air Supers:
-Downwards flying tackle charge with his claws or something. Like Devil Jin's downward kick or where he flys downwards and grabs the enemy up into the air.
-Air "Hadokens"
-Throws his katana at the opponent and if it hits he charges towards them and pulls it out after the screen goes red with black silhouettes. And while the screen is like that and he pulls it out with blacked out blood spraying out of the opponent.

Got a few more.
#782  November 01, 2012, 01:14:24 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#783  November 01, 2012, 01:19:06 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Shuriken throw would probably look cooler more like Dio air knive super.

He could always have a foot henchman fly to him, he would slash them and throw them down. The "corpses" would explode at different times depending on the button used to summon them.
#784  November 01, 2012, 01:20:15 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Shuriken throw would probably look cooler more like Dio air knive super.

He could always have a foot henchman fly to him, he would slash them and throw them down. The "corpses" would explode at different times depending on the button used to summon them.

Robo-Foot or Human Comic? Because that's also awesome.
#785  November 01, 2012, 01:22:59 am
  • Cool guy,ripper and sometimes spriter
What about a squad of the flying foot soldiers from neon night riders comes in,Shredder grabs into them and they unleash a barrage of shots and then he dives down and hits the enemy?
Don't have cocaine,have cookaine
#786  November 01, 2012, 01:37:21 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
-I wanted to have him flash red when hit. I'm still debating whether or not to use the Boss Hit effects from the TMNT games or Capcom's metal clanging effect when the opponent hits him.
Better to use the Boss hit effects, the metal clanging effect seems like it would be out of place, at least to me.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#787  November 01, 2012, 01:39:25 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Red Flashing with Boss Hit. Back in the day you know you were pissing off and hitting an enemy when he flashed red. And Shred's body isn't metal.
#788  November 01, 2012, 04:01:41 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
-I wanted to have him flash red when hit. I'm still debating whether or not to use the Boss Hit effects from the TMNT games or Capcom's metal clanging effect when the opponent hits him.
Why not both?
#789  November 01, 2012, 05:22:59 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Thing is though, the "metal clanging" sounds out of place for this version of Shredder. Considering his basis is on the 80's Shredder and not the 2k3 cartoon version.
#790  November 01, 2012, 05:38:28 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Thing is though, the "metal clanging" sounds out of place for this version of Shredder. Considering his basis is on the 80's Shredder and not the 2k3 cartoon version.

WTF you talking about? There is no 2K3 cartoon.
#791  November 01, 2012, 06:35:08 am
    • Philippines
    • JX431@jabber.org
yes, there is. Its the one in Cartoon Network before
#792  November 01, 2012, 07:15:41 am
  • ANC
#793  November 01, 2012, 07:19:09 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Yeah not seeing it. Doesn't exist.
#794  November 01, 2012, 02:19:13 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#795  November 01, 2012, 05:13:30 pm
-Super Armor will not be breakable, Super Shredder will always have super armor ala Abyss Form 1. Super Shredder cannot be juggled, put into custom states, or knocked down.
-Still need to sprite more normals for Super Shredder
-Still need to code Super Shredder's ice blast special and the Thunder Wave super. and add Frozen and Burned custom states to the .CNS

Are you talkin about the Abyss by (sludge?) that is some armorer, then liquid alien ith laser then sludge monster? If yes, and you will make Super Shred that hard to beat and damage by some spells and such, I think your Shredder pretty much replaces not only the TF one but also the psycho shredder I showed on the video. Which is good, and the kind of hard to beat one I need.

How will Super Shredder be activated when you play w him?
#796  November 01, 2012, 05:21:20 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
If by Psycho Shredder you mean the cheap as hell Cyber Shredder that's out there....WTF he better not be THAT cheap! D:
#797  November 01, 2012, 05:37:19 pm
^No I mean, if he will be like Abyss - the armored (fisrt one), that will be strong enough. Not being able to freeze him, dizzy him, etc. But Psycho Shred is so easily beatable - pump a button in his head and the stupid AI wont do anything, he will just stand and on rare occassions regenerate or try to do smth to stop punching him, in most cases he will just stamd

and your SHred, Dcar must avoid that - allowing your Shred to be punched by 1 button without doing anything and countering that
#798  November 01, 2012, 06:45:39 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Oh oh oh. I misunderstood the post. Okay got ya now. :thumbsup:

Yeah I want him so bad as a boss, but I really want to main him so I don't want him to be TOO cheap.
#799  November 02, 2012, 03:05:54 am
  • Shakespear.
You could have him summon be-bop and rocksteady to charge in or shoot from each side of the screen.  If shredders jump was high enough there would be time for them to pass under him.  You could have them collide in the middle of the screen, bump heads, and bounce back to sitting positions with stars around their heads, then get up and run out the same ways them came in.
#800  November 02, 2012, 03:57:16 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
Yeah not seeing it. Doesn't exist.

Share your reasoning for the mental lock-out, because I don't recall anyone really disliking it, including myself.  What did it do wrong, given it was truer to the original comics than the 80's one?
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.