YesNoOk

Capcom Fighting Jam stories (Read 17743 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, January 28, 2017, 09:27:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Fighting Jam stories
#21  January 29, 2017, 01:02:01 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
but NGBC is like a kof game ... if there was a kof game in which you were unable to move around.

I do like the whole concept and theme as it feels like MVC2 only with SNK characters but when it comes to gameplay it was weak like playing SVC with KOF2003 tag team system.

This game had characters from World Heroes, Last Blaze, Kizuna Encounter, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug and KOF. I was expecting like chain combos implemented since it had 2 Last Blade characters and may be bring back the Deathmatch interactive stage mechanic from World Heroes.  I had expectations this game will be different from KOF as SNK always reinvented itself with a new game but it ended up as a weak KOF entry.

Like CFJ it was a failure only that NGBC was only accessible to die hard KOF players.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#22  January 29, 2017, 01:09:46 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
NGBC plays nothing like KOF.  KOF has a lot of unique system stuff that makes it special.  NGBC is pretty standard. 
#23  January 29, 2017, 05:37:36 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I disagree. NGBC as a whole was a much better game than CFJ. It actually had care and detail put into it.

NGBC had a universal system, universal sprite style, universal UI, GREAT music, and is REALLY fun to play around with.
#24  January 29, 2017, 05:50:24 am
    • USA
NGBC is fun during the first 2 hours, then you realize how bland the game is and stop playing it.

That's still 1 hour and 55 minutes more fun than CFJ tho.
#25  January 29, 2017, 10:26:39 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
well, I actaully liked the game, it wasn't the best game I ever played but I still liked it , it had Felicia , Rose, and a dinosaur that you can play as , I disliked the game  mechanics , the idea of every character using gameplay from their own games felt out of place , beaten the game with all the characters, I hope they remake the game and did everything right .
#26  January 29, 2017, 05:08:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the problem with bothc svc and nbc is that both were kof games without the kof mobility, had they strayed further away from kof , the games would have had more potential (that or just make kof with capcom characters).
#27  February 02, 2017, 06:36:32 pm
  • SNK is life
So, finally fired it up after Downloading it in my PS3... Holy shit, what a mess.

They put all the budget for this game in the wrong places. "Have Shinkiro illustrate characters! Make the music great! Draw those stages in photoshop". They had people around the clock polishing everything BUT the gameplay.
#28  February 02, 2017, 07:57:30 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I disagree with the notion that NGBC has good music. I hated it's OST. The game was great, polished in the right spots but the music was so boring that I lost interest in playing it pretty quickly. That and my boy Haohmaru wasn't that great.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#29  February 02, 2017, 08:17:12 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
NGBC Haohmaru is high tier wtf.
#30  February 02, 2017, 09:00:22 pm
  • For honor!
But the thing in NGBC is you're either Mr. Big or you're not :P

Soundtrack was nice. The boss themes in NGBC are all awesome. Especially Mizuchi and Neo Dio's.
Iroha stripped for me
#31  February 03, 2017, 12:44:00 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
#32  February 04, 2017, 05:38:54 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!