YesNoOk

Underground juggle? (Read 2207 times)

Started by krudelu, August 01, 2018, 03:01:29 pm
Share this topic:
Underground juggle?
#1  August 01, 2018, 03:01:29 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I'm not sure if this is something related to underground juggle but the problem here is that I applied the prevent underground juggle code on the character I'm working on and  when knocked back while the opponent as low as possible to the ground, it triggers something like they still go through the floor for a quick second.

I tried checking other characters out there that applied this code and it seems that at least one of the characters I can at least hit them as deep as possible ends up with something like this:

Note that I was using Kyo by Koopakoot here and something like this happened and this Kyo already had the prevent underground juggle code  when I got him

I'm not sure if this is exactly related to underground juggle but has this been a persistent issue that the prevent underground juggle code is like a "partial fix" or is there something else that could affect this?
Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:44:06 pm by krudelu
Re: Underground juggle?
#2  August 03, 2018, 01:51:59 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
When you test stuff like this you should turn on Debug and Clsn boxes so you can see what's actually happening. CTRL+D & CTRL+C in game.
I think the problem is the hitpause and velocity being set by the hit. Because it's already so close to the 0 point, the few tics it takes to get below 0 is covered by the hit time. Once the velocity is set and the hit time is over, Mugen figures out it's below 0 and changes that.
He probably bounces about 10 pixels under the 0 Y point, then bounces off of it which is what's making it look crappy.

If you're just totally against this, you can code the move to whiff below a certain height. Another thing could be to make a 2nd hitdef with different velocities for being so close to the ground. Try messing with the hit time(s) and see if the problem still pops up.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  August 03, 2018, 06:08:39 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
This can also be helpful (I found this in some chars)

Code:
[State -3, Underground Juggle Prevention]
type = targetbind
trigger1 = movecontact = 1
trigger1 = numtarget && numenemy
trigger1 = (target, time = 0) && (target, ID = enemynear, ID)
trigger1 = !(target, hitshakeover) && (target, pos y > 0)
pos = ceil(p2dist x), ceil(-pos y)
ignorehitpause = 1
#4  August 03, 2018, 01:43:52 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
@Odb718 I already turned on the debug and clsn and I don't think that the clsn causes this. Also, I don't get debug errors out of this

for the 10 pixels below, I'm not sure where this could cause this but I think I saw something like that in statedef 5030 when I tried taking a look at itand since the characters go to statedef 5020-5050 when they take hit while falling, I gave those staedefs a look and found something like this:

Code:
[State 5030, 3]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = anim != 5052
triggerall = !HitFall
trigger1 = HitOver
trigger2 = Vel Y > 0    ;Hit ground
trigger2 = Pos Y >= 10  ;.
value = 5040 ;HITA_RECOV

[State 5030, 4]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = anim != 5052
triggerall = HitFall
trigger1 = HitOver
trigger2 = Vel Y > 0    ;Hit ground
trigger2 = Pos Y >= 10  ;.
value = 5050 ;HITA_FALL

I'm not sure if this might be it but I tried changing the pos y >= 10 to pos y >= Const(movement.air.gethit.groundlevel) and that one even doesn't work.

Anyway, I tried making it whiff at certain heights and it seems to solve the problem so I can also go by this.

@DeathScythe That prevent underground juggle code seems to do it better now that I gave that one a try.

So for now I'll go with whiffing at certain heights and the new prevent underground juggle code (the ones I got from greatest hits of feedback was the one I was using)

Thank you guys
#5  August 03, 2018, 03:35:18 pm
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
This can also be helpful (I found this in some chars)

Code:
[State -3, Underground Juggle Prevention]
type = targetbind
trigger1 = movecontact = 1
trigger1 = numtarget && numenemy
trigger1 = (target, time = 0) && (target, ID = enemynear, ID)
trigger1 = !(target, hitshakeover) && (target, pos y > 0)
pos = ceil(p2dist x), ceil(-pos y)
ignorehitpause = 1

Do you know who exactly wrote that code?
It's so useful.
#6  August 03, 2018, 06:06:48 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org