YesNoOk

Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion (Read 28843 times)

Started by Chronan, November 14, 2017, 11:11:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion
#121  November 17, 2017, 05:49:21 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Especially since it's not actually doing anything for them or massive amounts of people around the world for ages.
#122  November 17, 2017, 06:06:10 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Well, there’s no proof that it is or isn’t. That’s true for any God that people believe in too.
#123  November 17, 2017, 06:35:10 pm
Lots of people killed each other over the ages because they claimed that their teapot was the only true teapot, unlike those other guys' teapot. Even though the teapot never actually did anything for any of them, despite everyting they said.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#124  November 17, 2017, 06:59:15 pm
    • USA
Either you believe or you don't. I thought we were supposed to discuss other religions too. We're just going back and forth here on Christianity.
Re: Fight of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion
#125  November 17, 2017, 07:16:18 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Either you believe or you don't. I thought we were supposed to discuss other religions too. We're just going back and forth here on Christianity.

Yeah, even though it's a juicy topic to talk about, most of what i'm hearing is Christianity and a bit of other religions as well. I guess we just snowball from religion to religion...it is an All That's Left topic after all.
#126  November 17, 2017, 07:19:27 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nobody is forcing anybody to participate in this or, indeed, any discussion.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#127  November 17, 2017, 07:24:33 pm
We're just going back and forth here on Christianity.
Dude we're talking about a teapot that may or may not exist. Christianity doesn't have exclusivity over these conditions.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#128  November 17, 2017, 07:41:50 pm
    • USA
#129  November 17, 2017, 08:19:23 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
My arguments come from the Word. The only truth I need is in the Word. That's my argument. It's the best argument. There is no better wisdom then the wisdom of God. You should be agreeing.

Is that so?

Ephesians 6:5 said:
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ
Titus 2:9-10 said:
Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.
1 Peter 2:18 said:
Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.
Colossians 3:22 said:
Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.
1 Timothy 1:10 said:
The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine
1 Corinthians 11:8-9 said:
For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

I dare you to go say these verses out loud in a public place, preferably in Harlem or Detroit, and see how far you can get without inciting a riot or a race/gender war. Good luck :P
#130  November 17, 2017, 08:29:37 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
In the good book's defense, there are a lot of things you can say out of context in a shit hole like Harlem or Detroit to incite racial violence.

Hell, sometimes all it takes is just standing quietly in a shit hole like Harlem or Detroit!
#131  November 17, 2017, 08:42:20 pm
"the good book" lol you're just looking to get shat on, aren't you.
Also, not a defense at all.
Don't play dumb. It's been all anti-Christianity for a while now.
I think you're just way too sensitive.
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:49:50 pm by Byakko
#132  November 17, 2017, 08:53:20 pm
    • USA
@ Byakko - LOL way to come back with that one. Seriously though nobody is commenting on the things I point out about Islam. It's been pretty one sided here.

@ Chronan - very true.

@ Ricepigeon - sorry man but your idea of slaves is very different then Biblical times. Slaves/servants in those days were treated like part of the family. They were the same. Being a servant or slave was like landing a good job nowadays. It was common place back then. Not like it was here in the states back in the black slave times. Very different times. And sorry but homosexuality is frowned up in God's eyes. In fact he hates the very acts that men and women partake of with a homosexual lifestyle. It's called an abomination which mean God hates it. Not the people the acts they partake in. Christians are not supposed to hate anybody. But we most definitely can dislike what they do. If you want to see that as wrong or hateful then take it up with God. We're just doing as we're told. I have a gay uncle, a gay aunt, and a lesbian cousin. Love them to death. Would help them in anyway I could. But they know where I stand on their lifestyle. Plus beyond the biblical standpoint at only 3-4% of the population like 80% or so of the gay population have an STD. 55% have HIV. 82% have syphilis and 37% have anal cancer. That's crazy. Not trying to get off topic. Just had to stress that point.
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:04:26 pm by VGames
#133  November 17, 2017, 09:05:07 pm
Seriously though nobody is commenting on the things I point out about Islam. It's been pretty one sided here.
Everything you say about Islam can be extended to a lot of religions, including Christianity. The better question is why are you trying to single out Islam when you all do the same things.
Also, you're an abomination and God and everyone else hate you.
#134  November 17, 2017, 09:06:28 pm
    • USA
We kill homosexuals and marry children? I don't think so. That last addition is weak man.
#135  November 17, 2017, 09:07:07 pm
Uuuuh yeah you do.
#136  November 17, 2017, 09:08:06 pm
    • USA
Ok?
#137  November 17, 2017, 09:23:11 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Just about all religions have guidelines when it comes to homosexuality. Most outright look down on it, even going to extreme measures to stop it. Some have leniency to it like Satanism and Buddism (to an extent), while some groups don't want to go into it much. I'm actually pretty curious about it and i'm going to do more research on this, for this is just a quick search on guidelines.
#138  November 17, 2017, 09:34:14 pm
    • USA
Just about all religions have guidelines when it comes to homosexuality. Most outright look down on it, even going to extreme measures to stop it. Some have leniency to it like Satanism and Buddism (to an extent), while some groups don't want to go into it much. I'm actually pretty curious about it and i'm going to do more research on this, for this is just a quick search on guidelines.

If you got any questions feel free to ask. I'll help if I can. I'm not a theologian or anything but I've read the Word for years. Plus I can ask my pastor anything I don't know 100% about. Too me one reason for anti-homosexuality in the Bible was Jesus was looking out for his people. I mean the stats I pointed out above about homosexual lifestyles can attribute to this idea of mine. He knew where it would lead to and how dangerous it would be physically. Just a thought.
Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:39:34 pm by VGames
#139  November 17, 2017, 09:38:40 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

If you got any questions feel free to ask. I'll help if I can. I'm not a theologian or anything but I've read the Word for years. Too me Jesus was looking out for his people. I mean the stats I pointed out above about homosexual lifestyles can attribute to this idea of mine. He knew where it would lead to and how dangerous it would be physically. Just a thought.

Yes, anyone well versed in their respective religion i'll be talking to soon, because I am really curious about where some of them stand. I'll start the middle of next week though because of janitorial work, so stay posted.
#140  November 17, 2017, 09:38:40 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
"the good book" lol you're just looking to get shat on, aren't you.
Also, not a defense at all.
I'm not here to appeal to your fetishes dude, just having a giggle at shitty arguments. Feel free to go to Harlem or Detroit and sing aloud your favorite Tupac or Biggie song and see what happens. "Damn, I guess those guys really hated black people!" Maybe the context of the music matters, or maybe the context of your skin? Who knows?

If I told you there was a teapot on a street in a shitty part of Detroit would you believe me?
You can't prove or disprove whether that teapot is there though.. Unless you want to go to Detroit, in which case you're probably retarded.

Me being an official honorary Asian(meaning I'm really, REALLY fucking smart at maths), I do have an answer, which is simply No. The teapot isn't in on the sad streets of Shitroit because a perfectly good teapot would be picked up and put into someones home or pawned immediately. If you are worried about whether that Detroit teapot has telepathic powers then I'd recommend /r/atheism for in-depth analysis of the same tired religion v. atheism shtick we've all seen since TJ Kirk (The Amazing Atheist) shoved a banana up his ass on camera to disprove the existence of God. Because no merciful god would allow such an abomination to exist in any visual medium on my internet. Congrats TJ, you did it!