YesNoOk

Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves. (Read 22375 times)

Started by Zero Space, October 26, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves.
#61  November 10, 2019, 03:16:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
More people should learn to use Web Archive.
#62  November 10, 2019, 10:45:57 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Which would be fine if the creations are self-hosted (and even then, there's a likely chance they haven't been crawled), but best of luck Waybacking a SendSpace or MediaFire link.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#63  November 10, 2019, 11:16:06 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I was thinking about this the other day. MA has goods and bads. Goods are they keep files whenever you can't find it by any other means, bads are warehousing creations and the infamous toxic community and bans for apparently no reason. What should they do to become a good place? IMO, instead of archiving like they do, if they were more of a database (linking to the author's site) and at the same time keeping a copy of the file as a backup in case the site goes offline, so users can report the file/site as offline and the backup link becomes available (after a check by the admins). I'm considering only the archiving part of the site and not the community/forums. Tbh, MA is a useful place also to search for stuff, since they have their own images/screenshots that never goes offline, I can't count how many times I wanted to see a screenshot of something and the image host deleted the image or shut down entirely (for example tinypic now, photobucket with the blurry images and mostly imageshack not even appearing).
#64  November 10, 2019, 12:37:52 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
ya know... i once hated Mugen Archive because of their file size limit, but i think that the reason why they did this is because they don't want to think that the internet is a place for robots, so they decided to give us all a chance to prove to them that we're all real living things. so yeah, i just wanted to shut this thread down because, i don't want anything which is complete drama.
#65  November 10, 2019, 04:56:27 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Which would be fine if the creations are self-hosted (and even then, there's a likely chance they haven't been crawled), but best of luck Waybacking a SendSpace or MediaFire link.

I do wonder if it would be possible to upload mugen chars and stages to archive.org and make a repository there. It would certainly beat using untrustful warehouse sites.
#66  November 10, 2019, 05:13:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
ya know... i once hated Mugen Archive because of their file size limit, but i think that the reason why they did this is because they don't want to think that the internet is a place for robots, so they decided to give us all a chance to prove to them that we're all real living things. so yeah, i just wanted to shut this thread down because, i don't want anything which is complete drama.
This thread is for adults, kiddo. You shouldn't be involved in things you don't understand.
#67  November 10, 2019, 05:47:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

I do wonder if it would be possible to upload mugen chars and stages to archive.org and make a repository there. It would certainly beat using untrustful warehouse sites.

You probably could, but I don't know how viable it actually is, considering it's a goldmine if you're running VMs for example, however updating things is where the issue might come into play.
#68  November 10, 2019, 06:52:53 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
I hate MA. They hosted my Saint Seiya chars and others from the forum where I published them. I asked them gently via pm to use our download links, also 'cause the versione they hosted were outdated. They threated me like a lamentous child and sweared to ban me for that pm. They're childish and urrespectful.
#69  November 11, 2019, 09:19:11 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#70  November 11, 2019, 10:23:25 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I hate MA. They hosted my Saint Seiya chars and others from the forum where I published them. I asked them gently via pm to use our download links, also 'cause the versione they hosted were outdated. They threated me like a lamentous child and sweared to ban me for that pm. They're childish and urrespectful.

They still did this shit nowadays.
#71  November 13, 2019, 05:13:22 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
They're still on that bull eh?

Good grief, I know not everyone in Archive is bad but I know certain people are ruining it for everybody. I mean, I got banned for nothing but criticizing their "community weekend" event.