YesNoOk

Guillotine Gen (Updated 7-22-10) (Read 5155 times)

Started by Amanojaku, July 06, 2010, 06:40:59 pm
Share this topic:
Guillotine Gen (Updated 7-22-10)
#1  July 06, 2010, 06:40:59 pm
    • USA

Now that Elecbyte finally fixed the stage ID issue, I've updated Guillotine Gen with the following fixes:

- Interactivity with my "Kung Fu Theater" stage has been restored thanks to the StageVar trigger.
 - Added negative edge to all his supers/specials.
 - The direction the enemy gets thrown is now determined by which direction the player holds. Also the throw behaves very differently depending on the direction thrown.
 - New sprites for the blood.
 - Lots of minor tweaks and changes to various moves to fix bugs/balance issues.
 - Probably more I've forgotten, I've been tweaking off and on for over a year now.

Update 7-22-10

- Added scalable AI that either adjusts automatically depending on Mugen's difficulty setting (1.0) or can be changed manually in the "AIDifficultySetting" document (Winmugen).
 - The amount of damage his level 1 super does to the opponents power bar now varies depending on the number of hits taken.
 - Gen's Attack and Defense values are halved during the countdown for his level 3 super. Also the music shuts off much quicker in Practice mode.
 - Fixed bugs/issues that were brought up.
 - Blood color brightened to better match the Alpha-style sprites.
 - A few other odds and ends.

He comes 1.0 RC8 ready out of the box, however I've also included a folder with Winmugen compatible files (with all the new fixes) for anyone still using that version.

You can get him at my site: Amanojaku's MUGEN Place
Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:03:59 am by Amanojaku
Re: Guillotine Gen updated to 1.0
#2  July 07, 2010, 08:19:53 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Thats weird. Noone made a reply to this topic. Also, I really enjoyed this char. :)
#3  July 07, 2010, 10:46:27 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice to see you've updated him. He's still as enjoyable as ever. :)

- Shadowless Fist has huge cornerpush. Feels strange.
- Spin Kick could still get some CLSN but have NotHitBy attributes, to make Gen throwable in the air.
- Fist of the White Lotus creates a debug flood about "used anim2 outside of custom state" (in state 655).
#4  July 08, 2010, 03:05:49 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Thats weird. Noone made a reply to this topic.
That's probably because it was released on a Monday morning.

Thanks for the update, Amanojaku. I really love this char; wish there were more like him (not with guillotine in hand, but same gameplay).  ;D

Nice blood; from a Mortal Kombat game?

Turns too slow, IMO.
Opp. can walk thru back+MK.
From up close, back+HP doesn't work well. You will walk back, mostly. Only works if you tap back then HP very quickly.
Back+LP has way more pushback than standing MP.
HP Flying Guillotine/HK Slanted Guillotine: When you hold the button, it only hits once. Afterwards the opp can walk right up to you and not get hit, even tho Gen is twirling the guillotine.
King Boxer: opp. flying across the screen looks funny. Sometimes he gets to the edge of the screen early and slides a bit up. Seems the screen doesn't move in time with the opp. flying.
Certain hitsparks are off:
-standing MK
-crouch HK
-jump HK, plus guardsparks
-LK/MK Avenging Eagle
Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:07:09 am by atomicbuster
#5  July 09, 2010, 06:07:24 pm
    • USA
Nice blood; from a Mortal Kombat game?
Actually from an obscure MK clone called Blood Warriors.

King Boxer: opp. flying across the screen looks funny. Sometimes he gets to the edge of the screen early and slides a bit up. Seems the screen doesn't move in time with the opp. flying.

I'm pretty sure this is caused by the stage you were testing on. I ran into this same problem whenever I was first creating him. In some cases the opponent would never even "touch" the wall and just keep sliding up indefinitely. I eventually noticed the problem consistently only occurred on a few stages and I finally stopped it by modifying the stage def. It was either the bound values or tension values...or both, I don't remember which. I had to include code in the move that sent the opponent back into a self-state if they didn't "splat" after a certain amount of time since unfortunately I don't have any control over all the stages out there.  --;
#6  July 09, 2010, 06:12:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

Actually from an obscure MK clone called Blood Warriors.

I remember reading about it, but for most, the only reason they know of it is because of the Ikkyu by NHK that Arpa uses. Still, the blood effects look yummy.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#7  July 11, 2010, 05:24:05 pm
I usually test all downloaded chars on a mugen folder set aside just for testing. I put the chars against kfm in kfm's stage.

Also, I should point out the issues I listed above were with the winmugen version of your char. I don't know how much of a difference that makes, especially with the sparks.
Re: Guillotine Gen (Updated 7-22-10)
#8  July 23, 2010, 12:05:02 am
    • USA
An update for 7-22-10:

- Added scalable AI that either adjusts automatically depending on Mugen's difficulty setting (1.0) or can be changed manually in the "AIDifficultySetting" document (Winmugen).
 - The amount of damage his level 1 super does to the opponents power bar now varies depending on the number of hits taken.
 - Gen's Attack and Defense values are halved during the countdown for his level 3 super. Also the music shuts off much quicker in Practice mode.
 - Fixed bugs/issues that were brought up.
 - Blood color brightened to better match the Alpha-style sprites.
 - A few other odds and ends.
#9  July 23, 2010, 08:04:18 am
Are you going to update his stage?
#10  July 23, 2010, 01:21:11 pm
    • USA
#11  July 23, 2010, 01:24:47 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I never really was a fan of tha tweird Psyche Burst type attack he could do in the middle of being hit. IF its still there, could you tone it down?
#12  July 23, 2010, 01:32:11 pm
    • USA
I never really was a fan of tha tweird Psyche Burst type attack he could do in the middle of being hit. IF its still there, could you tone it down?

??? You mean his level 1 super? It gives the opponent a fair bit of health back, depending on how many hits he's taken. I've also made the amount of Power it depletes vary depending on number of hits too. What exactly needs to be toned down?
#13  July 23, 2010, 01:52:10 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Hmm, teh way it sounds now though, it's okay. So never mind :P