YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom 3: War of Heroes beta 2 (Read 34138 times)

Started by artboy2oo7, June 21, 2010, 08:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Marvel vs Capcom 3: War of Heroes beta 2
New #1  June 21, 2010, 08:08:14 pm
    • www.mustardseedcomics.com
Hello everyone:
Finally it's here! the second beta to Marvel vs Capcom 3 War of heroes, i've put many changes in this one,
i changed the Title screen, i changed the Character select screen, added Marvel vs Capcom 3 lifebars, and
portraits to all the chars involved, changed the chars in the game, kept some removed some. added better
stages, Added the complete Marvel vs Capcom 3 soundtrack, and bunch of stuff, to make the screenpack,,
as will as the full game or if you prefer (compliation)... a cool experience for those who don't have the real
game or just love the series as i do.
i really bust my ass on this considering i have a
company to run, and a life outside of this stuff, as i'm sure all you, but my goal as with my company is to
siomply bring new and cool things to the people. I hope you guys enjoy it, and any flaws in it be sure to let
me know, so when i release the final all will be fixed. Also i'm working on a transformers fighting game
with hand-drawn sprites in high def, like Blazblue or KOF XII, my goals is to make it look like the
80's movie. I'm not a programer, so any help would be great! to speed things up, to get the screenpack
or to get the full game visit
www.mustardseedcomics.com
and go to the  downloads page.
Videos:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 war of heroes beta 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFGpWdSacvc
Making of Transformers Fighting game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-JxVOpBRQ&feature=related

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Peace
P.S. Any trouble downloading this screenpack or game let me know, cause we
have been updating the site, i will fix right away.
thanks
Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:46:01 pm by artboy2oo7
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3: War of Heroes
#2  June 21, 2010, 10:45:22 pm
    • UK
    • www.facebook.com/capcomvssnk3mugen/
Your link for the full game is not working comes up not found
#3  June 21, 2010, 10:50:45 pm
i'll fix that! give me a sec.
#4  June 21, 2010, 11:06:17 pm
    • UK
    • www.facebook.com/capcomvssnk3mugen/
cool link now working thanks
#5  June 22, 2010, 05:03:50 am
  • Dark Templar
Register!? fuck that  >:(
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#6  June 22, 2010, 03:31:14 pm
register fuck that? characters like you want to get good things, without the work!
shame on you, i worked hard to bring you something for free, that only requires that
you register. your attitude will be your undoing before GOD!
Peace
#7  June 22, 2010, 04:42:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Register!? fuck that  >:(
Ditto... but I did it anyway.

That select screen kinda reminds me of the KOF XIII one. The portraits style too, waiting for it to complete dl. Don't like the fact that the 3rd row's char select pics are cut off at the bottom.

Overall, seems to have a lot of flashiness. About the fullgame, is it an actaul fullgame, or just a bunch of other people's chars thrown into the screenpack? Coz judging from the screenshots, it looks like another compilation "fullgame".
#8  June 22, 2010, 04:47:45 pm
People don't like to have to register to 1000 places just to get one thing.  It's not just the "work" involved, a lot of people don't want to have their information given out to 1000 people.  Also, why the hell do you have separate registration for your forum and your main site?

Anyways, I downloaded this thing, and while the screen pack has potential, the overall product needs a lot of work. 

-I like the big portraits, but you need to do something about the 2P being backwards.  I'd suggest looking at the DCvsM screen pack, as it uses a similar concept. 
-As a compilation, there's too many beta characters (Invisible Woman, Firestar, etc.) which bring the quality waaaay down.  Also, why are there DC characters in a MVC game?
-Most of the stages you have don't fit a MVC game.  You're mixing hi-res with lo-res, and a few of them are meant to have characters that are scaled down.  Some stages don't have super jump.
-While most of the graphics you have do look good, animations would be nice.
-Definitely need lifebars, as your lifebar portraits are screwed up.
-Bottom row of characters is cut off on the select screen.  Why are there a few black rows if you keep pressing down?

That's all I got for now.  Keep working on this thing, as it could turn out to be pretty good.

Ax

#9  June 22, 2010, 04:56:28 pm
    • USA
You can't be serious, it clearly says screen pack :P

Anyway yeah aside from the cut off the screen pack looks awesome but you should definitely get some new lifebars that compliment the rest. Also from the screen shot in fight mode the portraits seem to have a palette issue.

Overall it is very refreshing, down right new and beautiful. You shouldn't release a screen pack in beta, it's very hard to switch out your stuff when you update unless the overides have no effect on your current settings and file size/path.
Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#10  June 22, 2010, 06:19:02 pm
According to current mugen standards, it's not an actually full game, but a compliation, i put together,
i'm no expert at programming, not even close, put i know the art part of it to some degree.
i'm still learning and have a ways to go, but what ever i feel is playable, i put it out. Mugen by definition,
is a compliation of many peoples talent,we should never feel like any of it is truly ours, but merely a joint
effort of talented people, in other words, it should be about fun, and sharing, that's all i'm bringing.
NOT THIS MINES OR THAT IS MINES! i'm still working on that marvel vs capcom 3, it's a beta, the screenpack has
been overdone on the kof xiii, so those guys get the real credit, but everything you see of art is my work and effort.

Ax

#11  June 22, 2010, 06:54:49 pm
    • USA
Fair enough but you should label it as a compilation, it helps a lot of people from whining about it. I like your philosophy but things aren't the way they used to be.

People now expect expertise now, hours of originality or proper imports, a lot of them have had there fair share of fun stuff but are now seeking the best. You see they developed new standards and really want the best now.
Seek Truth
#12  June 22, 2010, 09:43:26 pm
Screenpack is nice, downright beautiful actually.
The comp save is crap though, lots of broken/beta chars and the stages don't fit at all.
#13  June 22, 2010, 09:52:06 pm
I'm diggin' that screen pack.
#14  June 22, 2010, 10:47:14 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
I knew it looked familiar :D it was built on my original kofxiii release.  I love the new art style you put on it though. here is a suggestion for the cell sizes of my old sp. Just make them a bit shorter vertically so that the characters do not get chopped up at the bottom.  I like your philosophy behind mugen and for the most part i agree, keep up the good work!
#15  June 23, 2010, 04:32:48 am
  • Running thru the night
compilation ??

beta screenpack ??
not in my news on Pdm forum =p

no donuts for you =p

i suggest you release the Screenpack without the chars, so no one wil blame you for stealing or something like that, just some tips for you  ;)
and you should make a different big portrait for the p2 in the select screen if you really wish to put the "capcom" or "marvel" over them

its a very beautifull work, just remove the chars , and in the final version i'll be proud in posting it in my news

see ya

Console collection: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP, Genesis, N64, PSX. ==Next buy: Gameboy Color ==
Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:35:55 am by Left4Dead
#16  June 23, 2010, 07:51:55 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa

Ax

#17  June 23, 2010, 07:59:10 am
    • USA
If he is going for accuracy I don't think there would be a DC section since I don't think any actual DC characters appeared in the VS series so they wouldn't really have a section of their own.

But that's just my guess, maybe he just put it there :P

Seek Truth
#18  June 23, 2010, 08:03:36 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
since I don't think any actual DC characters appeared in the VS series
They haven't since they're DC. I think he put them in coz of the same sprite style of the characters.

Ax

#19  June 23, 2010, 09:36:00 pm
    • USA
Or the fact that they are of the same category "SuperHero"

But yeah maybe there is no room either to do that to :P
Seek Truth
#20  June 26, 2010, 03:19:49 am
DC characters are suppost to be the secret chars, as said on the main screen, i just figured there are alot of cool
DC chars, why not slip them in as secret chars. i will def hook up the final release, with hot lifebars, tweek the select
screen and put more chars for you guys, i welcome any help. but i think i might be able to do it on my own,the lifebars
will be my challenge, not the art, but how to get the pics to show in the corners and not look grainy.
peace
Benito
#21  July 06, 2010, 12:54:42 pm
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm
;Big portraits
p1.face.facing = 1
p2.face.facing = 1

thats the way you fix portrait problem.
Icons on the lifebar should be different from what you have on select screen
Add some normal portraits [perhaps original ones? ] to the character define them as...lets say 9000, 4
Go to your Fight.Def and put 9000,4 instead of 9000,1 that way small portraits/icons on lifebar will be different from the ones on the select screen.
Good job on the screenpack though.
#22  July 08, 2010, 04:10:10 am
    • www.InfinityMugenTeam.com
For those who haven't had a chance to take a closer look, not only is this a little compilation warehouse but it also has no animation and it's built on top of the KoFXIII Mugen RC screen pack.

In my opinion the only thing redeeming about this screen pack are the select portraits, although they are misaligned and Invisible Woman is mislabeled as a Capcom character.

I think you should stay in the screen pack business, you can continue to make this a better product that everyone will enjoy but you probably shouldn't load it up with other people's content.
#23  July 08, 2010, 06:04:28 am
Snarky Complaint: That's not MvC3's subtitle ;P.
#24  July 09, 2010, 08:54:13 pm
    • Brazil
link off?  ???
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#25  July 10, 2010, 12:18:23 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
Fix this and its ok  :P