YesNoOk

Classic != better/Fireballs as the thing that sets SF apart from others-Discuss (Read 4838 times)

Started by Alhambra, October 24, 2008, 05:23:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Classic != better/Fireballs as the thing that sets SF apart from others-Discuss
#41  October 27, 2008, 11:35:48 pm
How is crouch MK -> Super any good?
What's tha-- okay waitaminute, I'll just point out again my point in all the remarks I've been making on that article : what bothers me is that he poses this as the penultimate advantage of 2D over 3D. I'm saying that it really depends on how it's implemented, that it also has bad points, and that 3D are able to do something more or less similar as well, again depending on how it's implemented. And there's more to 2D than just fireballs anyway.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:43:27 pm by [B]yakko
I think this has already been said.
#42  October 28, 2008, 12:11:20 am
  • KOF Spriter
Fireballs were actually a very cheap strategy. KOF 94 coming up with dodge was one step in the right direction. AS IF just throwing hadoukens was a commendable fighting attitude. You could say as much about the typical crouching-sweep-kick strategy ... and then they invented overheads for those turtlers.

Almost every step away from SF2 adds variety and depth to fighting game gameplay.

Re: Classic != better/Fireballs as the thing that sets SF apart from others-Disc
#43  October 28, 2008, 12:14:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
And then Mortal Kombat come along breaking out the Ms paint red brush and ruining everything for everyone.
Re: Classic != better/Fireballs as the thing that sets SF apart from others-Discuss
#44  October 28, 2008, 12:27:07 am
  • KOF Spriter
And then came 3D MK and it ruined MK, leaving MK out of the question.