YesNoOk

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 for the PS2 (Read 8407 times)

Started by Acez, November 30, 2007, 12:16:47 am
Share this topic:
Re: Smackdown vs Raw 2008 for the PS2
#41  January 02, 2008, 08:07:46 pm
all i can tell you is that its horrible for the Wii
#42  January 02, 2008, 10:21:51 pm
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
I've already said my piece here, but I will gladly do so again if it saves another person from wasting their cash (in the meantime giving more money to encourage more "refurbished" trash like this to get released over and over).  I've played this now both on PS2 and PS3, and I couldn't be more against buying this game on ANY console.  The only way I could possibly say it would be worth buying is if you've never before owned any game from the smackdown series, and for some reason it's extremely important to you that you have a game with the most up-to-date list of superstars (this would make the most sense if you're an ECW fan)... even with that said however, most of the roster itself on 2008 is still very weak for reasons I've already gotten into in this thread. 

If you're looking to buy a smackdown game, my recommendation would be to either get SvR2006, or wait for a better WWE game to be made in the future (which likely will happen no sooner or later than 2010... in all seriousness).
Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:49:07 pm by Bob Sagat
#43  January 03, 2008, 12:13:34 am
    • www.myspace.com/sparks187
alrighty I WONT BE WAISTING 25 BUCKS on this game then I watched a vid review of it...it got a low ass rating and it just plain looks stupid I wish the people who made the N64 wrestling games would take over for development for 09' either that or give it HCtP controls :sugoi:
#44  January 03, 2008, 12:34:26 am
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
I've took the time to read all the comments about that game, even the "OMG IT SUXZ" kind of comments and here's my take.

Personally, I own WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007 (for the 360) and enjoy it quite alot. The creation system is decent but has it's own flaws like some designs that can't even ported on xbox live (The letters and characters) but that's avoidable just by replacing them by tatoos which somewhat acts like them. Loading isn't much of a problem for me, i'm very patient and the loading online isn't that terrible. Then i've tried the demo of '08 which was and still is on the marketplace. I have to admit, the models seemed a bit better but felt completely the same. The speed like mentionned was toned down a bit which kinda pissed me off but that fixed the "skating". The fluidity of the moves are nice and smooth and I bet the creation system has been packed with more stuff. The only reasons why i'd be buying the game is for custom soundtracks for the 360 for the entrance and continuing "captain paperbag"'s legacy which started in smackdown 06.. there is also the hype i could get from the others but my greed always has the final word.
#45  January 07, 2008, 04:57:51 am
  • Garbage Day!
07 was one of those games where I loved the customization and hated fighting in it, you spent more time on the ground bashing keys to get up than anything, you couldnt enter female fighters into almost anything pertaining arcade modes, you couldnt pratically compete in any balanced way against the cast using someone you had created... One of the worst games I ever fought with, saving grace was really the custom engine, that was simply superb. Far better than soul calibur.

That's why all I do with SvR2006 is fight with my created wrestlers. Even used a cheat to make it detect my female wrestlers as male so they can compete in any match type.

GamerTag: Meatball01
#46  January 07, 2008, 02:38:24 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
What cheat is that by the way?