YesNoOk

which is better Tekken or VF (Read 3723 times)

Started by blake639, March 01, 2011, 03:04:25 pm
Share this topic:
which is better Tekken or VF
#1  March 01, 2011, 03:04:25 pm

Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, which is better? My thinking is that it depends on what your looking for in a 3D fighting game.... Tekken has better chars and story lines, VF has better and more realistic graphics and more realistic fighting styles.... Like, you don't uppercut someone and they fly up 20 feet in the air, or you can't roundhouse kick a falling opponent back up into the air.... But, Tekken easily has better and more memorable chars and story lines.... Overall, I'd go with Tekken. But that's my opinion though, and that isn't to say that I dislike VF either, VF is still a good game....
Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:13:34 pm by Titiln
Re: Tekken vs. VF
#2  March 01, 2011, 03:08:22 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
You cant roundhouse opponents back into the air in VF?

sure?
#3  March 01, 2011, 03:13:22 pm
edited the thread title because it was misleading as fuck
Re: which is better Tekken or VF
#4  March 01, 2011, 03:23:06 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
unless we're talking about 'taken vs v fighter' which is a great game

GOH

#5  March 01, 2011, 03:36:38 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Taken sounds like a great game. Maybe i'll try it someday.  :)

CF7

#6  March 01, 2011, 03:41:16 pm
Hm...the way I see it, you are only going to cause fanboys to fight each other with such question. How about forgetting this Thread for a while, and BUMPing it IF/when Sega and Namco decides to make the said Crossover...?

[DayDreamingModeOn]: Let's hope that, IF they decide to do it, they call Tecmo as well, and make Tekken vs DoA vs VF (with Geese as a guest Boss, if SNK is ok with that)![DayDreamingModeOff/]
#7  March 01, 2011, 03:41:24 pm
#8  March 01, 2011, 03:42:32 pm
Hm...the way I see it, you are only going to cause fanboys to fight each other with such question. How about forgetting this Thread for a while, and BUMPing it IF/when Sega and Namco decides to make the said Crossover...?

[DayDreamingModeOn]: Let's hope that, IF they decide to do it, they call Tecmo as well, and make Tekken vs DoA vs VF (with Geese as a guest Boss, if SNK is ok with that)![DayDreamingModeOff/]

Yeah I suppose your correct.
#9  March 01, 2011, 03:43:32 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
#10  March 01, 2011, 03:53:30 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Virtua Fighter is too technical for the casual player who wants to play just for fun. Plus, the storyline is shit and chars are not very charismatic.
On the other hand, this technical "problem" is also what makes VF's charm.

Tekken has great characters, but I always hated it. I even bought Tekken 5 for PS2 not so long ago, and I still find the game slow as fuck and the gameplay not interesting.

Coming to think about it, maybe my favourite 3D conventional fighting game (with no weapons btw) is Dead or Alive 2. Charismatic characters and simple enough gameplay for lots of fun immediately, and good progress curve.

GOH

#11  March 01, 2011, 03:55:39 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I always thought DOA characters were boring as fuck. The female characters look like they were mass produced in a factory.
#12  March 01, 2011, 04:01:30 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Dead or Alive > Tekken(I prefer characters and story) >= Virtua Fighter(Still fun, better overall gameplay. Only played 4 though)

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#13  March 01, 2011, 04:04:03 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
Okay legit opinion time

I hated DoA, love Tekken, and I kinda like VF

Do note that Tekken 1 was my first PS1 title so it might be pretty much just a gigantic bias lol
Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:07:30 pm by MelvanaInChains
#14  March 01, 2011, 04:06:48 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I still have an unopened copy of Tekken 6 and I liked DoA2-4.
#15  March 01, 2011, 08:36:29 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think the great difference between VF and Tekken is the last one is more mainstream known than VF. At least in my country I saw VF1 only and many years ago... but I saw every version of Tekken in every arcades here

Also, DOA deserves its own thread instead talking of it here 8)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#16  March 01, 2011, 10:41:51 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I think the great difference between VF and Tekken is the last one is more mainstream known than VF. At least in my country I saw VF1 only and many years ago... but I saw every version of Tekken in every arcades here

Also, DOA deserves its own thread instead talking of it here 8)

That applies in my country too. I only heard of Virtua Fighter games, but never saw them in shops. However, Tekken has appeared every single time on shops. Or at least the common ones.
#17  March 01, 2011, 11:17:58 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
DOA, Tekken in second place and then VF.
#18  March 01, 2011, 11:18:58 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Here in the germanic empire its similar ..there are some tournaments with tekken..and when a new game comes out there are tekken posters etc..but i never saw anything like that for virtua fighter

VF 4 Evolution was on budget price a few weeks after its release already..and i think with VF 5 it was similar.  Guess  the series lost its appeal to the people which care also for stories....cool characters...funny..and good looking movies and want to play a fighting game just for fun without being able to do all the kinds of combos.

Soul Calibur & Tekken as example are totally enjoyable for noobs too.. but virtua fighter...well ..not so good.

When i played it with the brother or sister of my gf ..which both like tekken..SC and Mk they both were bored and annoyed in vf...and said always their chosed characters are bad ;)
#19  March 02, 2011, 01:21:00 am
Virtua Fighter 2 is one of the best games ever made.

OZ

#20  March 02, 2011, 03:35:57 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I'm a fan of VF but I'll always choose SC before Tekken or VF.
ಠ_ಠ