YesNoOk

Your favourite 3 King of Fighters (2012 Edition) (Read 5287 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, February 20, 2012, 09:07:55 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which King of Fighters, in your opinion, is the best?

The King of Fighters '94
3 (2.2%)
The King of Fighters '95
4 (2.9%)
The King of Fighters '96
7 (5.1%)
The King of Fighters '97
2 (1.4%)
The King of Fighters '98
15 (10.9%)
The King of Fighters '99
5 (3.6%)
The King of Fighters 2000
5 (3.6%)
The King of Fighters 2001
2 (1.4%)
The King of Fighters 2002
6 (4.3%)
The King of Fighters 2003
3 (2.2%)
The King of Fighters XI
16 (11.6%)
The King of Fighters XII
0 (0%)
The King of Fighters XIII
28 (20.3%)
The King of Fighters `94 Re-Bout
1 (0.7%)
The King of Fighters `98 Ultimate Re-Match
7 (5.1%)
The King of Fighters `02 Unlimited Re-Match
18 (13%)
The King of Fighters Maximum Impact
1 (0.7%)
The King of Fighters 2006 / Maximum Impact 2
13 (9.4%)
The King of Fighters Neowave
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Re: Your favourite 3 King of Fighters (2012 Edition)
#61  February 22, 2012, 12:57:07 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
It's a tough choice, since there are so many games to like for so many different reasons, but I'm boiling it down to these:

- XI: used a more dynamic way to manage your team, letting you swap into a character that might fit your current opponent best, instead of creating a pause between losinng a character and getting to use a new one, forcing a specific order, not to mention it's a generally very solid game (the classic team system might feel a bit archaic in comparison, basically, and this game switched things around much better than the striker system of the NESTS games); I'm just not a fan of the Leader DM system and character swap combos; getting Silber back was cool too

- XIII: the one I've had the easiest time using combos in, loved the drive cancel system and the alternate properties of EX version of moves (although I kinda wish most would cost half a power bar instead, no big deal), yet at the higher end of combo skill it can be remarkably complex but rewarding (dem trials...), and this seems to have helped it earn respect among a lot of people who've usually ignored the series (EVO, 'nuff said); also, welcome back MR Karate!

- MI2: the fangasmic use of 3D assets is something I miss, between the alternate outfits, bonus games, music, characters getting moves they should have in-universe yet they lacked before (like Mai getting Kouhadan, which andy and Hokutomaru have) and lots of little things like that. It's sad to see that sub-series discontinued, even if I'd rather keep alien plots and Falcoon designs out of my KoF (Duke and Chae Lim were OK though).

A mix of the strenghts of these 3 (all of them plot games, btw, which is a strenght in my book) with a cast like 2k2um's (more May Lee would be welcome, for example) would bring us rather close to a perfect KoF.
Re: Your favourite 3 King of Fighters (2012 Edition)
#62  February 23, 2012, 05:39:59 am
In no real order:
'95 because it was the first one i played (on gameboy w/ Nakoruru as an unlockable)
'99 (evolution on dreamcast), great game, still play it occasionally
2k2 (ps2 version)