YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 770327 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#121  December 14, 2015, 11:02:25 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
#122  December 14, 2015, 11:12:00 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
There are many things in the Tekken Series who are much more strange then that.^^

You're right! But... does this mean that Street Fighter X Tekken is canon since Akuma is canon to Tekken, do they actually exist at the same place? We can only hope since Tekken X Street Fighter is still in development.
#123  December 14, 2015, 11:16:16 pm
Why does everyone have a problem with the simple idea that there is a guy called Gouki in the Tekken universe who uses the Satsui no Hadou and trains so much he's closing in on the power of an oni
Without the obligation of bringing anything else, until they actually show up
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#124  December 14, 2015, 11:24:32 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
This series has a boxing velociraptor, ancient Aztec fighting gods, a gene that turns certain people into Satan, a living wooden training dummy, a robot girl who can decapitate herself at whim and still live like a far more polite Murray from Monkey Island, Gon and a woman who was once possessed by a wolf ghost and wears nothing but dark purple Nickelodeon slime, yet its AKUMA that's too weird for this series.

yeah, okay

Well at least the reaction to him is better than I expected. About time we got something other than the constant EVERYTHING'S RUINED mentality that's apparently required by law every time a game company announces something about their game.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#125  December 14, 2015, 11:28:14 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Why does everyone have a problem with the simple idea that there is a guy called Gouki in the Tekken universe who uses the Satsui no Hadou and trains so much he's closing in on the power of an oni
Without the obligation of bringing anything else, until they actually show up

Maybe it's because that they really think that the anime movie's plot is canon (which isn't if I can remember.) Like, the Tekken plot is confusing and it can get ridiclous like that time Jin caused a freaking war on the world JUST because so he can bring out a monster to get the Devil Gene out of him. People are going out rambling of theories that Kazumi and Akuma go way back and might be relatives or Akuma is the TRUE father of Kazuya and Heihachi threw Kazuya from the mountain because of that. For once, Akuma is actually doing a good deed. But I hope Heihachi and Kazuya doesn't die. Imagine how angry the Tekken Fans would be. It'll be worse than the hatred of Lucky Chloe!

Well at least the reaction to him is better than I expected. About time we got something other than the constant EVERYTHING'S RUINED mentality that's apparently required by law every time a game company announces something about their game.

This series have many weird stuff. It's not gonna stick to it's roots any longer yet... they don't seem appreciative now.
#126  December 14, 2015, 11:34:17 pm
    • USA
To me this is just a crossover where they went out of their way in order to justify the guest character's presence and that's all. The chances of him being canon to the Tekken universe is quite low and him being in Tekken 7 doesn't really need to be related to SFXT at all.
#127  December 14, 2015, 11:50:01 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The less relation it has to SFxTK, the better.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#128  December 15, 2015, 12:24:04 am
  • The Goddess Returns
This series has a boxing velociraptor, ancient Aztec fighting gods, a gene that turns certain people into Satan, a living wooden training dummy, a robot girl who can decapitate herself at whim and still live like a far more polite Murray from Monkey Island, Gon and a woman who was once possessed by a wolf ghost and wears nothing but dark purple Nickelodeon slime, yet its AKUMA that's too weird for this series.

yeah, okay

The issue to many is STORYLINE canonicity, not the fact that Akuma is in Tekken series alone(well past blatant pandering)

It's like having the FF7 Remake say that Lightning/Terra/Zidane/Any other FF/Dragon Quest/Star Ocean MC is the one to defeat Sephiroth and have Aerith plead to them that's the major issue.

Tekken's story may be in shambles, but some people actually WANT the Mishima saga to end right, not by some outside party, especially someone with no ties to the Tekken series as a whole to begin with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#129  December 15, 2015, 12:26:25 am
Maybe it's because that they really think that the anime movie's plot is canon (which isn't if I can remember.)
Which one ? The recent CGI Tekken movie with Devil Jin vs Devil Kazuya and Heihachi in the middle ? There's no reason to think it's not canon. But what does it have to do with Gouki ? I can't think of any other anime movie about Tekken and Gouki.
People are going out rambling of theories that Kazumi and Akuma go way back and might be relatives or Akuma is the TRUE father of Kazuya and Heihachi threw Kazuya from the mountain because of that.
Hahahaha what no + who says shit like that + just laugh at these idiots and ignore them and don't let that affect your perception of Gouki in Tekken 7.
It's like having the FF7 Remake say that Lightning/Terra/Zidane/Any other FF/Dragon Quest/Star Ocean MC is the one to defeat Sephiroth and have Aerith plead to them that's the major issue.
No, it is absolutely not the same thing. Gouki's presence doesn't change anything that has happened so far, it just unveils a past detail that we were until now unaware of, and that will affect what will happen from now on. Nothing else.
Gouki coming from Capcom is a low blow for those who want the Mishima story to be self contained, I'll give you that (and I mentioned that myself in an earlier post). But The reaction and rants about canon and questions about ties to SFxTK are way out of place.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:34:10 am by DKDC
#130  December 15, 2015, 12:35:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
TO ADD TO WHAT DKDC said, it's still not a big deal if nothing substantial comes from this either. If this is just some side story tied to the Mishimas with Akuma then there's no harm. I highly doubt any sequels to this game will have mention of Akuma. Although his story feels important within this game and is made out as such I'm pretty confident it won't matter outside of this game within the big picture.
#131  December 15, 2015, 12:44:33 am
Well, it certainly is fair to see that Gouki has been presented in that trailer as the one who will end the Mishima curse as per a promise to Kazumi, and that is definitely a punch in the dick to those who expected the Mishimas to solve it among themselves without having the spotlight stolen by someone from another company popping up out of nowhere. If it weren't Capcom and the awaited partnership, it would be seen as a fanfic character crashing into the Mishima storyline, inserting himself in the past to solve the present.
But on the other hand, it's been four generations and several games and they still can't solve anything by themselves and they just throw the world into a giant war, so maybe they're just too bad to wrap it up by themselves. I just don't see the Mishimas sorting it out among themselves in a way that's any different from everything they've done so far - which is taking turns tossing each other into a volcano, then coming out of one themselves. The Mishimas are a dead end. Hell, the Kazama line with Asuka and TTT2 Jun have tried to crash in this mess to break it the same way Gouki is doing, and it didn't work out.

Personally, if I wanted to make a prediction despite not understanding what they're planning, I'd imagine Gouki being indeed an insane threat to the Devil gang, pushing the limits, but then something comes up about Kazumi and Heihachi somehow gives us new info about the nature of the Devil, and things just unravel from there, Gouki being still a mortal threat to everyone, but the Mishimas finding out something on their own.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:50:47 am by DKDC
#132  December 15, 2015, 12:49:17 am
  • The Goddess Returns
No, it is absolutely not the same thing. Gouki's presence doesn't change anything that has happened so far, it just unveils a past detail that we were until now unaware of, and that will affect what will happen from now on. Nothing else.
Gouki coming from Capcom is a low blow for those who want the Mishima story to be self contained, I'll give you that (and I mentioned that myself in an earlier post). But The reaction and rants about canon and questions about ties to SFxTK are way out of place.

Except it does change how the story itself progresses which was what I was aiming at. Could it end to be nothing? Probably. But the issue is that Akuma was the one she was talking to at the beginning of the trailer which does give it some canonicity regardless.

I'm not saying this rewrites anything of the sort, what I'm saying is that ultimately, it could be a clumsy way of having him matter which is peoples' main problem.

TO ADD TO WHAT DKDC said, it's still not a big deal if nothing substantial comes from this either. If this is just some side story tied to the Mishimas with Akuma then there's no harm. I highly doubt any sequels to this game will have mention of Akuma. Although his story feels important within this game and is made out as such I'm pretty confident it won't matter outside of this game within the big picture.

Which is kind of the problem since that means Tekken isn't really all that self-contained anymore...and Akuma's absence after Tekken 7 WILL be noticeable unless his impact is non-existent.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#133  December 15, 2015, 12:55:35 am
Except it does change how the story itself progresses which was what I was aiming at. Could it end to be nothing? Probably. But the issue is that Akuma was the one she was talking to at the beginning of the trailer which does give it some canonicity regardless.
Your comparison with FF games is about an established event being actively transformed by an external character. This discussion in the trailer is something we didn't know about before T7, and it has been introduced to us as a discussion involving Gouki. This doesn't change anything that was already established, because we didn't know about it before then. And this discussion doesn't seem to change any of the events we have seen through all the Tekken games. It just introduces us to something that is about to happen now.
You call it a clumsy way of inserting him into the problems of the Mishimas, but in the first place, how is that any different from the original arcade trailer where we didn't know who she was talking to ? Why didn't you complain about that then ? It now turns out it's specifically Gouki, so it's an obvious conclusion that all the complains are only buttpain from a Capcom character stealing the spotlight. But we knew ever since the T7 arcade trailer that Kazumi was talking about it to someone, we just didn't know who. We also didn't know it was going to be presented as some unstoppable force hunting down the Mishimas, but in all honesty, it couldn't have been anything else even back then, it wouldn't have been made so dramatic otherwise.

As a reminder, the arcade trailer from a year ago
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1990633
Gouki was already there, we just didn't know who it was, but it was clear it was a new force introduced in the Mishima's past that would play a big hand in "the conclusion of the Mishima saga".
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1997209
And a more explicit version clearly saying that the man behind Kazumi was gonna be the one to fuck the Mishima's shit up like nobody's business.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:19:26 am by DKDC
#134  December 15, 2015, 01:05:08 am
    • USA
Kratos had a story in MK9 yet he didn't affect the series at all.

SPARTAN-458 had a story in DOA4 yet she didn't affect the series at all.

Same with Ezio in Soul Calibur V.

No idea why people give this so much thought.
#135  December 15, 2015, 01:14:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I understand why this bothers people and I mean, I don't care too much about tekken and it still bothers me, but the complains are way too hyperbolic and make it difficcult to take them seriosuly; it's as if people who want to legalize guns were saying "but what if a crazy american buys an assault riffle and start the third world war by attacking canada!?" kind of hyperbole. for all we  know gouki will think that throing a mishima inside a volcano will be enugh to end everything and will get out of the canon once he's done that.
#136  December 15, 2015, 02:10:46 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Gouki Stage.
#137  December 15, 2015, 02:40:43 am
Hyped about Akuma, sad as fuck about my Williams sisters being gone ;_;
#138  December 15, 2015, 02:46:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the fan theory is that, judging by her new outfit, lili killed anna to steal her stockings.
#139  December 15, 2015, 02:48:02 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#140  December 15, 2015, 03:03:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Eventually it transitions into sunrise

Bonus: