Started by O Ilusionista, August 04, 2014, 09:58:33 pm
Share this topic:
Trajes Fatais
#1  August 04, 2014, 09:58:33 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This is a demo made for a game contest here in Brazil. The sprites were made by On.Off, the guy who did Lucy Fernandez.

Major updates:

- New HUD, but still provisory
- New (unfinished) background
- New character, Cristiano, the angel
- New game style, more traditional, with health bar and combos

Activate the english subtitles on Youtube.

Old videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2GqWlGsHo

other video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_X19doYAQ4

Its...amazing.
(Ps I am not involved on this game)
Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:44:39 am by O Ilusionista
Re: Trajes Fatais
#2  August 04, 2014, 10:05:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
kwsk
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

alreay dubscribed to their youtube channel, do thye have a webpage or something?
#3  August 04, 2014, 10:09:14 pm
  • SNK is life
Delicious Samba Dancing Winpose *drools*
#4  August 04, 2014, 10:11:42 pm
So it's just one hit to win rounds?
#5  August 04, 2014, 10:12:35 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
No, its like fencing. One hit = one point.
You need 5 points to win the match.

#6  August 04, 2014, 10:13:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Glad to see on off is still kicking dust. =D
#7  August 04, 2014, 10:22:48 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
looks gorgeous
#8  August 04, 2014, 10:30:36 pm
    • USA
Not a fan of the system really, not because it's a bad idea or anything but because thanks to that On.Off can't go wild with the moves, like multihitting or more cinematic (Lv3-ish) supers :P
#9  August 04, 2014, 11:09:43 pm
yup my thoughts exactly. those sprites are gorgeous btw.
#10  August 04, 2014, 11:27:14 pm
Very interesting.
#11  August 04, 2014, 11:35:30 pm
    • Brazil
#12  August 05, 2014, 12:57:08 am
divekick already did one hit death and it worked. this is similar except it's 100 times more visually appealing and it's not relegated to the diving kick gimmick. i'm looking forward to how this develops

also shut the fuck up, lord m
#13  August 05, 2014, 01:06:45 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It basically is Divekick without the divekicking.

Going to be a pain in the ass to remember that you can't block.
#14  August 05, 2014, 01:07:28 am
  • The Goddess Returns
divekick already did one hit death and it worked. this is similar except it's 100 times more visually appealing and it's not relegated to the diving kick gimmick. i'm looking forward to how this develops

I feel that this makes it as good as that Fencing game that was on Steam for awhile(Nidhogg?). My issue with Divekick is that it mainly was just using Divekick to attack, meaning that it was literally only just one move to watch out for and that's it.

With this, you mainly gotta recognize ALL of your opponents' attacks and moves and react accordingly. Mainly, if Divekick is controlling the air, this is mainly footsie combat.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#15  August 05, 2014, 01:26:48 am
Being filled with overused fgc references and memes (barf) didn't help any gg.

Game looks nice and like the simplistic combat scheme, even if it is a bit far on that end of the extreme.
#16  August 05, 2014, 01:36:48 am
    • Brazil

Divekick did not have nearly as good-looking sprites, animations and voice as this one.

Shut the fuck up you, you disgusting piece of shit
#17  August 05, 2014, 01:40:51 am
#18  August 05, 2014, 02:03:25 am
    • Brazil
#19  August 05, 2014, 02:14:32 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I feel that this makes it as good as that Fencing game that was on Steam for awhile(Nidhogg?). My issue with Divekick is that it mainly was just using Divekick to attack, meaning that it was literally only just one move to watch out for and that's it.
Yeah Nidhogg was and still is the shit. Only problem with the game besides the lack of content is the fact that nobody cares about it enough for couch multiplayer since the netplay is absolute garbage.

It is a goddamn shame because Nidhogg deserves whatever praise it gets for the game itself and flak for the netcode.
#20  August 05, 2014, 02:17:36 am
#21  August 05, 2014, 02:35:46 am
    • Brazil
#22  August 05, 2014, 02:41:33 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
lol that was some cool shit with the sexy iconic samba dance....that was well animated :D
#23  August 05, 2014, 07:37:51 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Titiln and Lord M can now kiss? :) j/k

I've spoken with one of the guys, and he said that On.Off is making the sprites as composing the music and making the game design too.
And...Lucy Fernandez will be on this game too.
#24  August 06, 2014, 12:50:55 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Wow this are some very well made sprites, funny how one of her win poses has her arrow shape tail pointing her ass lol, any way or posibilities this character could make it to the MUGEN world?
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#25  August 15, 2015, 12:41:39 am
    • Brazil
    • emir.lima.wolf@gmail.com
Hey! Sharing the great news about the game!

Major updates:

- New HUD, but still provisory
- New (unfinished) background
- New character, Cristiano, the angel
- New game style, more traditional, with health bar and combos

Activate the english subtitles on Youtube.

Sorry if it's wrong post in this old thread, but I thought this cathegory must have only one thread per game.
Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:43:37 pm by emirlima
#26  August 15, 2015, 07:03:19 pm
Thanks for sharing the news! :D
#27  August 25, 2015, 02:27:57 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
People wearing costumes that for some strange reason gives them powers? That sounds pretty darn cool, also pretty original.
#28  August 26, 2015, 03:04:53 am
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
WONDERFUL!  :o
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#29  November 18, 2015, 09:39:04 pm
    • Brazil
Video of our new character. Lourenço, the Cangaceiro:

#30  November 18, 2015, 10:12:12 pm
    • Brazil
Oh, so they're using a regular lifebar now with the little orbs instead of that shitty "points" thing. I may actually play this.
#31  November 26, 2015, 08:15:49 pm
  • SNK is life
The spritework continues to be superb. I love it.
#32  December 02, 2015, 01:46:29 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
#33  December 02, 2015, 01:52:01 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow, Illusion, this looks great. Can't believe I never saw this, hope to see more. :3
This is a generic forum signature.
#34  February 10, 2016, 08:14:45 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
#35  February 10, 2016, 08:17:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Voices should be in English to attract more people.
#36  February 10, 2016, 08:25:28 pm
    • Brazil
We have plans to add full english and spanish adaptation (text and voice) until release.
#37  February 11, 2016, 01:45:45 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#38  February 12, 2016, 03:11:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
We have plans to add full english and spanish adaptation (text and voice) until release.

if you want the international market to pick it you need to focus on the english version from the getgo, otherwise you are creating a very hrash barrier to surpass
#39  February 12, 2016, 04:15:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It'll be a day 1 buy for me. Looks really fun and I love the character designs and sprites!
#40  February 12, 2016, 04:23:28 pm
    • Brazil
Err, no, they're not. The main thing of the game is the gameplay, which seems good already and the graphics are appealing. Putting it in portuguse, if anything, it adds originality to it, and texts should already be translated at the game's release, so people will have no problem understanding the game. You should be thankful they'll even care about adding other language voices.
#41  February 12, 2016, 04:28:28 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Titiln and Lord M can now kiss? :) j/k

I've spoken with one of the guys, and he said that On.Off is making the sprites as composing the music and making the game design too.
And...Lucy Fernandez will be on this game too.
ilu

ash him to give her a new voice, the old one is annoying as balls
#42  February 12, 2016, 04:54:58 pm
    • USA
Be thankful that he's translating the game to one of the most popular languages in the niche market that is the fighting game genre (And on PC out of all platforms) so he ends up selling far more copies.

lol K.
#43  February 12, 2016, 04:59:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Err, no, they're not. The main thing of the game is the gameplay, which seems good already and the graphics are appealing. Putting it in portuguse, if anything, it adds originality to it, and texts should already be translated at the game's release, so people will have no problem understanding the game. You should be thankful they'll even care about adding other language voices.

Thats ridiculous. The market for fighting games is tiny, making the game in dev all in portuguese will just prevent people from getting to know more about it and participate less in increasing awareness.
Im portuguese, I dont need to understand it or be "thankfull" for him translating the game to the global language of gaming.  The ammount of games that stagnate and die on steam because the creators try to develop in their own languages is huge .  Treating an english version as a "nicety" would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Bea

#44  February 12, 2016, 05:03:54 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Unless they are developing this exclusively for the Brazilian market. If this is the case, they have already shot themselves in the foot.
The game should be in English, first and foremost.
You see games in Japanese because the Japanese market is strong enough to consume enough of copies to turn in a profit for the developer.
The Brazil market is a joke.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#45  February 12, 2016, 05:06:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not to mention development phase is when you can get actual word of mouth around, and if they drop by to see a game they cant understand you gain nothing from the word of mouth generated.

Posting a Greenlight page in portuguese is like dual wielding berettas pointed at your feet and dancing while shooting. You would be locking out 95 percent of the buying audience out for ego alone.
#46  February 12, 2016, 05:50:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ Bingo.
#47  February 12, 2016, 11:45:30 pm
    • Brazil
Funny, people grow up playing fighting games without understanding shit what characters say in japanese, but suddenly a game where characters speak portuguese is an issue even with english texts. Adorable. You know what you get with english voices? Story/Arcade mode dialogue and random shouts throughout the fight. It wouldn't kill anyone to just read subtitles, non-english voices are not an issue. And I was under the impression that people on this forum think that Story doesn't matter in fighting games.
#48  February 12, 2016, 11:50:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do you even know what greenlight is ?
#49  February 13, 2016, 12:00:55 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
well, we had games like Guilty Gear X and XX , SFEX ,Alpha, and also DOA where even the americans speak Japanese in the past games, the games still had english taxt and subtitles , so yaa voices shouldn't be something to worry much about , just an opinion

Bea

#50  February 13, 2016, 12:16:30 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
well, we had games like Guilty Gear X and XX , SFEX ,Alpha, and also DOA where even the americans speak Japanese in the past games, the games still had english taxt and subtitles , so yaa voices shouldn't be something to worry much about , just an opinion

Do you realize that their greenlight page is written fully in Portuguese?
Without an English translation?

Can you see the problem with this?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#51  February 13, 2016, 12:21:53 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just seen their page and....yikes. If they don't make any changes to the page soon, this won't get the attention it deserves...and I have Chrome so I can auto translate it to English but still...
Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:25:51 am by R565
#52  February 13, 2016, 12:27:22 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Funny, people grow up playing fighting games without understanding shit what characters say in japanese, but suddenly a game where characters speak portuguese is an issue even with english texts. Adorable. You know what you get with english voices? Story/Arcade mode dialogue and random shouts throughout the fight. It wouldn't kill anyone to just read subtitles, non-english voices are not an issue. And I was under the impression that people on this forum think that Story doesn't matter in fighting games.

Maybe you should go get educated on what greenlight means and what its for. you wont promote a game to buyers that cant read you, no one is going to go learn portuguese to understand whats the project you want them to donate to and show support, and even daring to go steam fully in portuguese is telling the potential buyers that you dont give a shit about them even knowing what your product is.
#53  February 13, 2016, 12:31:03 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

Do you realize that their greenlight page is written fully in Portuguese?
Without an English translation?

Can you see the problem with this?

I don't even play games anymore , and I never used steam before , but yaa, I can the problem, and I agree, they need to write the page in english and give the game an english version
#54  February 13, 2016, 03:02:59 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#55  February 13, 2016, 04:14:12 pm
    • USA

Bea

#56  February 13, 2016, 05:04:54 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Oh, good. They took the hint.
Best of luck for them.

lui

#57  February 13, 2016, 05:20:47 pm
    • USA

dude, stop trying to assume you know everything about how fighting game development works if others are telling you proven statistics and facts, especially on greenlight, it makes you look like an asshat when you talk out of your mouth like that as usual.
#58  February 13, 2016, 05:55:20 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Dude, if they made their page into a language most people don't understand and it's market is non-existent and they want the game to be successful...
Yeah no, the game is dead on arrival.

There's a massive difference between a game that has Japanese VA's but has English Subs everywhere and a game completely put into Deustche and hoping it will be a successful from a Fighting Game standpoint.
Iced is perfectly right in the fact that the Brazilian Game Market is absolutely non-existent. They aren't making games because no one will buy those games, meanwhile the Japanese and American markets can sustain themselves just fine. Combined with the fact that in basic terms the only successful Fighting Games are mainly the ones that have been around for a long while or have name recognition means that keeping the game in it's current form is ridiculous.

Atleast they took the hint for their Steam Greenlight and I hope the best for them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#59  February 13, 2016, 06:23:31 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Oh, good. They took the hint.
Best of luck for them.

They said it was an error at Steam, and not a Portuguese only project.
".We ask the most sincere apologies for the international community!

We had an english default text for non-brazilian profiles but somehow it was overwritten by the portuguese text. Everything is fixed now. "
#60  February 14, 2016, 12:22:14 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#61  February 26, 2016, 04:31:37 am
    • Brazil
https://www.facebook.com/traf.onanim/photos/a.615785651889991.1073741828.489278847874006/756860241115864/?type=3&theater

Trajes Fatais on Facebook said:
IT'S PARTY TIME!
Traf was Greenlit!
We won the Green Card to publish the game on Steam in 15 days! This moment is for many thanks! The community support was huge and made us very happy. Thank you very much, folks! For everyone who voted, shared and for all portals who write about the game! We will keep working with the same affection and greater responsibility. See you Soon! Let's go!!
#62  February 26, 2016, 05:13:59 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
congratulations, hope it sells well.
#63  August 05, 2016, 06:42:39 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#64  August 07, 2016, 05:57:06 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Already contribuing, very hyped for this game
#65  October 19, 2018, 06:36:54 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
New Video.

Most of the Menus are finished, the stages now match the quality of the characters, new voice acting, and some new moves can be found here and there.
The trailer music is just awesome.
#66  October 19, 2018, 03:52:41 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
For the record, the game is scheduled for release early next year. Before that they'll release a open beta and the game will also enter early access.
#67  October 20, 2018, 09:08:25 pm
    • Brazil
I'm glad they dropped the orb-ish lifebars for more traditional ones. The game keeps getting better and better, and I hope it gets a lot of attention once its released.
#68  December 23, 2018, 05:46:38 am
    • Brazil
https://www.facebook.com/traf.onanim/photos/a.615785651889991/1456440781157803/?type=3&theater

Trajes Fatais - Suits of Fate team said:
THE WAIT IS OVER! The time that everyone will have the opportunity to test/play the new Alfa Version of Traf - Suits of Fate has come!
It's EASY to join! Just access >> traf.onanim.com <<, click "Play it now", type your name and e-mail and starting 12/26/2018 we will send STEAM Keys
to everyone who registered.
We emphasize that the keys will be sent gradually and you can receive yours a few days later. So don't waste time and register right now! #Letsgo #trajesfatais #suitsoffate