YesNoOk

Your favorite fighting game 2016 edition (Read 2494 times)

Started by PeXXeR, November 18, 2016, 01:57:18 pm
Share this topic:
Your favorite fighting game 2016 edition
New #1  November 18, 2016, 01:57:18 pm
I wanted to know what are your favorite fighting games and why ofc.

Mine are

Mark of the Wolves
The most balanced fighter out there, the presentation, the GFX, music, you name it its awesome.

3rd Strike
I started with SF3 and it was meh, then 2nd impact came out, it was cool and Urien was OP the parry system was an awesome addition, then came sf3 and polished that shit up, gave us better voices and bang.

CVS2
Got this baby back in the day for the PS2, loved the ost, the groove system, presentation, everything was awesome.

SVC Chaos
Played this son of a bitch as much as I can when I got my hands on it, I loved the style, gameplay, story, IT HAD CUTSCENES.

Street Fighter EX 2
The original one was fine but broken, then came this one its still broken but its fun as hell, if you like the POTS style char, you should check it out.

KOF98/ 2002UM I like pretty much all of em lol
Classics all the way, had tons of fun with them in the arcades back then

Mortal Kombat Trilogy/Mortal Kombat 4/Mortal Kombat 9/Mortal Kombat XL
MKT is a guilty pleasure of mine, its broken as all fuck but its awesome, same for MK4 cause of the voices its a 10/10. MK 9 and MKXL are amazing and I love them to bits.

Samurai Showdown  pretty much all of em.
When this shit came out, it was different, with the weapons, setting and all that, it was slow in the beginning but after that the games kept getting better.

Last Blade 1 & 2
I played these once I got into emulation, I have never seen an arcade of LB be it 1 or 2 where I live, as soon as I played it I fell inlove with it.

As for the VS series I liked them as a kid but as I grew up, I started to dislike them, everyone of them is broken lol. I do like the chars a lot though. First time I played a VS game in the arcades some kid did an infinite with Gambit lol.
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:09:59 am by PeXXeR
Re: Your favorite fighting game 2016 edition
#2  November 18, 2016, 02:11:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Mortal Kombat XL
Hands down the best MK ever from a gameplay perspective I believe. The game has also these "living tower" challenges beside the online mode. It was my most played fighting game since its launch last year. Only the boring soundtrack was a true downgrade in comparison to all other main series mortal kombat games.

KOF XIV
Its not perfect by any means but so many new and fun characters, enough single player content for a while. Its not the best KOF ever but it is good ..and if there will be a dlc pack with some characters for a fair price I would not complain about it. Yes that's a promise.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The game was released back in September 2012 and someow I find opponents faster online than in both MKX and SFV. The game is still great and since I never got to buy the last DOA5 version, the only "true" 3d fighter I played recently. Looking forward to Tekken 7.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
GGXrd is the King of 2D Fighters in 2016.'nuff said.

These are not my favourite fighting games of all times but the ones I played a lot this year.
#3  November 18, 2016, 02:14:01 pm
I guess I was not the only one disappointed in the MK X soundtrack, like you said its boring as all hell.
As for Tekken I only played tekken 3 and another Tekken for the PSP and from  what I played, it  was dope. I am gonna edit my 1st post with more details as to why I chose them like that.

Edit
Added lots of shit to my 1st post.
Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:22:02 pm by PeXXeR
#4  November 18, 2016, 02:16:45 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I like mugen and I've been playing street fighter alpha 1 ALOT since it released eons ago, I had it for Sega Saturn in the 90's and now for kawaks!
#5  November 18, 2016, 02:23:08 pm
I forgot which alpha had the chain combos was it 1 ? either way, I like the alpha series a lot as well, cause of Nash lol.
They were dope as well.
#6  November 18, 2016, 02:41:47 pm
SFA1 was legit, I'd love to see a mainline SF play like that again. Of course with better balance though.
#7  November 18, 2016, 02:53:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Alpha 1 was the only one with chains if you don't count sfa3, in that game you could unlock chains but it didn't feel right to me because it was only for your custom char and you could only add so much to the char

Edit* alpha 1 had the alpha cancels and alpha 2 took that shit away and made it the custom combo mode
Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:03:04 pm by Memo
#8  November 18, 2016, 03:07:33 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
SF Alpha 1 was really great.

Excellent soundtrack, gameplay, moves, interesting setting before SF II, one of the most solid fighting games in the early 32bit era.
#9  November 18, 2016, 03:13:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
SF Alpha 1 was really great.

Excellent soundtrack, gameplay, moves, interesting setting before SF II, one of the most solid fighting games in the early 32bit era.

I agree, alpha 1 is highly underrated I wish alpha 3 had an ism for alpha 1 gameplay
#10  November 25, 2016, 03:39:00 pm
    • Philippines
2D: 3 way Tie between KOF02UM, KOF98(hello Daimon), Accent Core
3D: Tekken 5 DR, no contest
#11  December 09, 2016, 10:21:16 pm
  • For the Murder!
My all time favorite was Darkstalkers, I really loved the monsters theme back then. However it was replaced by Vampire Savior with its new characters, wich in turn was later replaced by Darkstalkers chronicles due to its character roster finally having all characters ever plus a new one.

Melty blood ReAct final tuned, I was a master of this one, the last version where I was able to pull off insane combos, and the last in the series with blood, gore and snk boss

The classic kof 2002 too (not UM nor Magic plus)
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#12  December 12, 2016, 04:03:35 pm
  • SNK is life
KOF saga is my favorite ever. And out of that, my favorite games are 96 through 98

Other than that, I love Rage of the Dragons