YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2977829 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#6201  February 04, 2017, 11:22:42 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

There's more work than that for cnverting from KoF to CvS.
- Proportions: Capcom is more cartoony than SNK, just compare the proportions in CvSIori and his KoF counterpart.
- Colours in CvS are usually more vibrant. And usually it get help from the lack of colour gradient. Here's a small tip: while in KoF you(generally) go from the darkest to the lightest using a 2 pixel wide lines(not always!!), this gradient uses to disappear in CvS: There's the "main" colour, usually the number 4, in this scale: lightest#1, ONLY in few characters(as Chun Li because of her panties), light#2(main light colour, in other words), intermediate(SHORT gradient)#3, darker#4(main shaded area), and then the darkest, ONLY used for outlines. It's a shame I'm not at home, because I'd show you a more detailed image showing this.
- Shading is VERY different from KoF, it has some slight variations from SFZ too.
- The way you did her right forearm and arm in general makes the illusion as if it's about to explode. She's supposed to be slim and all, not having a Dr. Birkin syndrome.
- I'm not going to tell about her pants, because leather is way different represented in CvS: just compare Rock Howard to Morri...errr...Morrigan has a 1993 sprite, mostly not the best example to take notes from.

NO QUIERO que te tomes esto como algo destructivo o crítico con tu sprite, tómalo como algo que te anime a seguir; ¡¡ánimo!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6202  February 04, 2017, 11:34:41 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
There's more work than that for cnverting from KoF to CvS.
- Proportions: Capcom is more cartoony than SNK, just compare the proportions in CvSIori and his KoF counterpart.
- Colours in CvS are usually more vibrant. And usually it get help from the lack of colour gradient. Here's a small tip: while in KoF you(generally) go from the darkest to the lightest using a 2 pixel wide lines(not always!!), this gradient uses to disappear in CvS: There's the "main" colour, usually the number 4, in this scale: lightest#1, ONLY in few characters(as Chun Li because of her panties), light#2(main light colour, in other words), intermediate(SHORT gradient)#3, darker#4(main shaded area), and then the darkest, ONLY used for outlines. It's a shame I'm not at home, because I'd show you a more detailed image showing this.
- Shading is VERY different from KoF, it has some slight variations from SFZ too.
- The way you did her right forearm and arm in general makes the illusion as if it's about to explode. She's supposed to be slim and all, not having a Dr. Birkin syndrome.
- I'm not going to tell about her pants, because leather is way different represented in CvS: just compare Rock Howard to Morri...errr...Morrigan has a 1993 sprite, mostly not the best example to take notes from.

NO QUIERO que te tomes esto como algo destructivo o crítico con tu sprite, tómalo como algo que te anime a seguir; ¡¡ánimo!!

No que va para mi me va requete bien ademas si me puedes poner todos los gradiente que tengo que utilizar por mi estupendo.

Nota:Yo solo vi el tutorial de chutoryu que dice que tengo que aumentar los pixeles 5 a la derecha y arriba. Luego utilice  la graduación de la plantilla de los personajes de Chutoryu de las papeletas claro esta.
#6203  February 05, 2017, 01:56:23 am
Speak English. Felo, you too.
#6204  February 05, 2017, 02:06:30 am

I gave the whole explanation in English and some encouragement words(two lines) in Spanish, mostly for avoid a possible flamewar because of language barrier. Either way, this is what I said:

I DON'T WANT you to take this as something critique or against your sprite, take it as something that encourages you to follow, come on!!

Now, IkuTron:

Following Chucho's tutorial is not the best you can do. There's a list of resizes made by Judas which goes through styles. It requires some maths, and mostly individually, sprite by sprite, but it gives a better result in general.
#6205  February 05, 2017, 02:13:43 am
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
I gave the whole explanation in English and some encouragement words(two lines) in Spanish, mostly for avoid a possible flamewar because of language barrier. Either way, this is what I said:

I DON'T WANT you to take this as something critique or against your sprite, take it as something that encourages you to follow, come on!!

Now, IkuTron:

Following Chucho's tutorial is not the best you can do. There's a list of resizes made by Judas which goes through styles. It requires some maths, and mostly individually, sprite by sprite, but it gives a better result in general.

Español:
A ok seguiré tu tutorial.
English:
Ok, I'll follow your tutorial.
#6206  February 05, 2017, 03:47:51 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
You shouldn't use chuchoryu's methods or tutorials for CVS spriting because that's a very inaccurate way to sprite. But probably you can grab some ideas from him. I followed methods from Felo Llop, Judas, MaranCV, Li-Kun, Chamat, Kiwi-RGB, and others. I'm learning as I go along in spriting. Spriting is hard, I tell you.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.

Pin

#6207  February 05, 2017, 06:22:28 am
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Maybe try more harder knowing this style. Try to manage looking on some original references and find a way to make better on your sprite. Do your best i guess... :)

Btw,  having busy nowadays, finally made this one
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:27:47 pm by Pin
#6208  February 05, 2017, 06:30:25 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That looks good. Love the vibrant palette scheme he has going on there.
This is a generic forum signature.
#6209  February 05, 2017, 12:59:07 pm

That's awesome, Pin!!

- IkuTron: Here's what I was talking about:

See? You can see colour 2 and colour 4 next to each other with a slight gradient using the colour 3. I, for example, use a one pixel line cut in single pixels for going from 2 to 4. Chuchoryu, Dampir, Marancv and some other uses a LINE, mostly for making a quicker job with the sprite(not bashing their works!). And the darkest tone(#5) is barely used.

Practice!!

Have a nice day!
#6210  February 05, 2017, 08:38:37 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Thought i'd try and brush up on this style

Hope it went well, the original for comparison

Pin

#6211  February 06, 2017, 06:01:21 am
That looks improved :)

Another one
#6212  February 06, 2017, 06:04:00 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh my goodness. That is absolutely GORGEOUS! Great job on Nina there, that design is very nice for her. Definitely can't wait to see what else you have planned (or do you have anything planned in general? Or just doing things as you feel like doing?)!^^

The only thing I wonder is is that how their arms bend out in CvS style? Referring to the right arm (artist's right), the left arm is perfectly fine.

Pin

#6213  February 06, 2017, 08:40:21 am
I somewhat based on her arm in the artwork. It also gets me more time figuring out actually.
Maybe this one could be ok. Also i edited some of her parts.

I'm confused actually what would i start making these projects.
And im kinda started playing this game for maybe... their possible movelist.
Thanks btw :)
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:56:28 am by Pin

lui

#6214  February 06, 2017, 09:02:20 am
    • USA
i edited it a little bit

what i did was added a very tiny bit more depth and muscle to her bicep and make her forearm skinnier as it went down. hopefully this fixed the arm problem

i also flipped it just because :p
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:34:27 am by Walruslui
#6215  February 06, 2017, 09:25:59 am
    • USA
Ah yeah, that's all that was needed was what Walrus did. That little bit is more than enough to make it not look as weird as it did to me ha.

This makes me wish Hatter didn't toss out Nina from the CvSE project. This would've been fine enough for her I think! T-T (Also, never played BoF. Is it any good anyone???)

Ya'll make me wish I kept up with my spriting and not get so frustrated and annoyed with it! T-T

Pin

#6216  February 06, 2017, 11:51:26 am
I guess yea, from what they said it helps :D
I really loved when i see my errors actually. Thats why im here to learn spriting. Ill do more better next time

If hatter or someones doing her, thats more better since they make a opportunity to make these chars in fighting games. Maybe this is just my entry of nina, And hoped i could help in many ways :)
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:56:12 am by Pin
#6217  February 06, 2017, 10:27:04 pm
    • USA
Well, Hatter WAS going to, I don't think he is anymore. Maybe as DLC later down the line if he gets going on his project. ^^;

Hmmm....actually, maybe I have something you can try if you'd really like to try it? Up to you, can PM me for the details (nope, no MBs this time! This time it's for something that can more than likely be used in a project not mine!)
#6218  February 07, 2017, 12:25:54 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
looks good man
#6219  February 07, 2017, 12:41:13 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If hatter or someones doing her, thats more better since they make a opportunity to make these chars in fighting games.

Well, Hatter WAS going to, I don't think he is anymore. Maybe as DLC later down the line if he gets going on his project. ^^;

I hate to burst bubbles, but the only BoF character thats gonna be in my project is Fou Lu, and as a boss char.

However... that 2B animation is too good to leave alone, if you catch my drift. ;)

And just to not be off-topic, I love the details on Nina's clothing, wings, and hair. Its too cool! :D
This is a generic forum signature.

Pin

#6220  February 09, 2017, 06:54:21 am
Thanks, 2b is just on hold by now, i need a basis to make the best quality of her as i can
Btw, this will be my first biggest sprite on this style :)

I dont know how to draw fire effect like in the cvs or cps2. Maybe someday i can figure it out.

Edit: just putting this alternate color... so enjoy :)
Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:59:01 pm by Pin