YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2442601 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#11861  July 21, 2017, 06:27:15 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
#11862  July 21, 2017, 06:28:12 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
I never seen One Piece, but I heard good things about the franchise. I would love to see a Live Action Series and I'm already down with Cowboy Bebop series they are doing as well. I wish them well.
#11863  July 21, 2017, 10:21:09 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#11864  July 21, 2017, 11:17:04 am
fuck that shit. hope it gets canned at some point of time.
I never seen One Piece, but I heard good things about the franchise. I would love to see a Live Action Series and I'm already down with Cowboy Bebop series they are doing as well. I wish them well.
are you serious dude? because we all know how successful the last attempt of adopting a shounen manga into live action right?
shounen mangas don't lend themselves very well to american live action. one piece in particular has a shit ton of silly things that just won't work like what Mgbenz said the gum gum powers would look horrible in live action cgi.
also did you watch cowboy bebop? that show is perfect, there's no need to adopt it at all.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:22:55 am by Gennos
#11865  July 21, 2017, 02:12:26 pm
hope mark walberg plays luffy. lol
#11866  July 21, 2017, 08:54:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
If they're going according to Oda's statement on what nationalities the straw hats are, they will cast a Brazilian as Luffy.
#11867  July 21, 2017, 09:03:42 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
No they won't.

The manga could retcon him to actually be from real life Brazil and they still cast a white dude. An adaption like is too much of a financial risk in the corporate folks eyes for them to not have that safety net.

Or maybe with the few cases of this stuff failing in part due to controversy related to casting, they might change their ways. I doubt it though.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#11868  July 22, 2017, 12:19:22 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
While I dropped reading One Piece ages ago due to lack of interest and never could stand watching it in either Japanese or English, while on the other hand I adore Cowboy Bebop as a tied spot for best anime ever, I'm less worried currently on the prospect on them wanting to do a Hollywood adaptation of Bebop than One Piece due to Bebop practically being an animated space western anyways and that the sentiment of Hollywood adapting Bebop has been echoing for over a decade and nothing's come of it.  I'm expecting it to come to fruition as much as Akira's adaptation.

One Piece however...I don't know how to call it other than too zany to take dead seriously to any degree?  It's like Space Jam, minus Michael Jordon and the magic basketball curse thing extended to the main cast.  Or, uh, that spiritual successor live action movie with the Loony Toons being around, forgot its name.  I just have trouble seeing One Piece transition from an animated format to live action at all.  Hollywood's bastardization of Ghost in the Shell doesn't help but to sour the mood to this news as well, plus whatever Netflix is trying to do to Death Note, though that one I'm less invested in.  And I'm not keen on expecting anyone to learn from any mistakes made other than not to spend so much money riding on one such film.
#11869  July 22, 2017, 12:33:36 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
No they won't.

The manga could retcon him to actually be from real life Brazil and they still cast a white dude. An adaption like is too much of a financial risk in the corporate folks eyes for them to not have that safety net.

Or maybe with the few cases of this stuff failing in part due to controversy related to casting, they might change their ways. I doubt it though.
I can see a Hollywood anime adaptation with an all Asian or Asian-American cast, but that's not because muh diversity but because of the Chinese.

But a Brazilian lead? lol fuck no
#11870  July 22, 2017, 07:21:20 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I remember reading about another hollywood anime adaptation, that , upon reading in further detail was about haivng a chinese production with a chinese cast made by hollywood. I forgot which anime, tho.
#11871  July 22, 2017, 08:31:37 am
mark walbherg is chinese haven't you seen the documentary great wall?

so long wot voice pack and skin mods.
#11872  July 22, 2017, 12:25:14 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Well, last chapter of Fairy Tail is up...
Spoiler: and it's... (click to see content)
#11873  July 23, 2017, 04:22:23 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#11874  July 23, 2017, 07:27:07 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
#11875  July 23, 2017, 08:04:07 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Yeah No Hero Academy's Episode this week was amazing. You know outside of the Shoto/Deku fight Episode this is my favorite since the Anime easily. Hero Killer Stain taking on multiple people and still being badass was great to see during the Episode. I find it interesting though he's giving tips to Lida on how to be a Hero, as if he was a once a Hero himself that went to the darkside somehow?
BnH: Illegals has shown a bit of his backstory in the recent chapters. He didn't start as a pro-hero but as a vigilante.

btw it's Iida (capital i).
Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:48:35 pm by Fubs
#11876  July 24, 2017, 06:32:41 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Yeah No Hero Academy's Episode this week was amazing. You know outside of the Shoto/Deku fight Episode this is my favorite since the Anime easily. Hero Killer Stain taking on multiple people and still being badass was great to see during the Episode. I find it interesting though he's giving tips to Lida on how to be a Hero, as if he was a once a Hero himself that went to the darkside somehow?
BnH: Illegals has shown a bit of his backstory in the recent chapters. He didn't start as pro-hero but as a vigilante.

btw it's Iida (capital i).

So on the Punisher type of vigilante that's very interesting indeed.
#11877  July 24, 2017, 07:19:17 am
he's nothing like the punisher either. the punisher has a code, and under all that macho there's a good person inside.
stain was pretty much the same psycho from day one, he kills weak villains who didn't really kill anyone, he talks about convictions and makes deals with villainous characters. and by how things are going he seems like he will try to kill our illegal heros.
i don't know if you want me to spoil this to you but he did want to be a hero at some point but was very disillusioned with the hero life style and seems to hate how herosim has been commercialized.
he's like a mix between rorschach, deathstroke and tyler durden from fightclub.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#11878  July 24, 2017, 08:13:26 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Vigilantes in BHA are literally just heroes with no hero licenses. They're not criminals going after criminals or anything. One of them is a quirkless Batman/Power Man type. Couldn't be a licensed hero because he wasn't qualified.
#11879  July 25, 2017, 02:55:52 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yep, vigilantes is the batman to hiroaka's superman, not the punisher or the spawn.
#11880  July 29, 2017, 09:54:23 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
This week's Boku No Hero Academia was the fucking truth