Share this topic:
Re: Soulcalibur VI
#361  November 03, 2019, 05:59:17 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
:nuttrox:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XznU3L3uWD8[/youtube]
I'm glad to see that she is in. I first met her in SC IV, and I was quite interested in her.

Although her voice sound much younger than I last remembered. Is she really that young?

Well, if we take into account of her debut, she was pretty young at the time (18). She took up arms to help out Seigfried and her country, but had great potential despite being young. With the timeline in a weird state, she might be a bit younger in VI, so yeah new VA, and changing up origins a tiny bit.
#362  November 03, 2019, 09:09:29 pm
    • Brazil
Soul Calibur 6 mixes events from SC1 and SC2 (and adds a little bit of SC3, as well). SC1 happened in 1587, and SC2-4 all happen in 1591 (yes, all three happened in the same year). Hilde was 18 in SC4, which means hat in SC1 she was 14, so she could be any age between 14 and 18.
#363  November 19, 2019, 04:32:17 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:50:39 pm by yaret
#364  November 19, 2019, 05:59:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So, unless I missed it befor,e this fconfirms 4 dlc characters for this season.
#365  November 19, 2019, 06:16:58 pm
    • Brazil
This has been confirmed ages ago, darling. Haohmaru was shown to be the second from the start, while the first, the third and the fourth were unrevealed until Hilde showed up.
#366  November 19, 2019, 07:58:22 pm
    • Dominica

the new staff are, they impruved on the lifebard, impruved netcode, but for me this game has a very good netcode and adds 53 songs, now we have text chat, new tranning stage between other staff people already know.
#367  November 19, 2019, 08:07:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
The last two characters are highly likely to be Setsuka (because they already shown waifus take priority) and either Hwang or Lizardman (since they both already appeared in story mode). Hoping up for my man Rock but his chances are getting really low. At least it looks like there are 4 more potential slots on the character select screen. I hope they didn't change their plans based on that data leak that had Rock as one of the dlc characters.

Also great to see 5 new stages even if one of them is just training stage.
#368  November 26, 2019, 02:37:28 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
The last two characters are highly likely to be Setsuka (because they already shown waifus take priority) and either Hwang or Lizardman (since they both already appeared in story mode). Hoping up for my man Rock but his chances are getting really low. At least it looks like there are 4 more potential slots on the character select screen. I hope they didn't change their plans based on that data leak that had Rock as one of the dlc characters.

Also great to see 5 new stages even if one of them is just training stage.

I think development is too far underway to change plans over a simple leak. Think of all of the time, money, and energy that would have been wasted.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#369  January 25, 2020, 07:51:49 am
    • Dominica
your favorite game is still alive.!!! :nuttrox:
#370  January 25, 2020, 03:12:00 pm
    • Brazil
And, of course, in the first shot, he would be facing Mitsurugi.
#371  January 26, 2020, 03:41:19 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I just realized... wouldn't this be the very first time Haohmaru (or anyone from Samurai Shodown) has had an English voice?
#372  January 26, 2020, 04:13:24 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Galford speaks engrish, if that counts.
Lasagna
#373  January 26, 2020, 04:58:23 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#374  January 26, 2020, 06:22:21 am
    • Brazil
I just realized... wouldn't this be the very first time Haohmaru (or anyone from Samurai Shodown) has had an English voice?
As long as they don't pull a Dead or Alive on us and don't translate the SNK character just because its a SNK character. Though, to be fair, Tecmo-Koei is much lazier than Namco, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
#375  January 30, 2020, 01:36:42 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
As long as they don't pull a Dead or Alive on us and don't translate the SNK character just because its a SNK character. Though, to be fair, Tecmo-Koei is much lazier than Namco, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Though to be fair, when is the last time you heard an SNK character in English?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#376  January 30, 2020, 04:04:42 pm
    • Brazil

Though to be fair, when is the last time you heard an SNK character in English?
You mean besides the engrish that some of them speak by default? Well, in KoF Maximum Impact 2, all characters spoke english. Even if it never happened before, there is still no reason for it to not happen now. There was no reason for it to not happen in DoA5 and DoA6.

lui

#377  January 30, 2020, 05:41:12 pm
    • USA
But it can be a possibility. It is not a big deal either way if he only speaks Japanese. English Voice acting is not a big deal for a character like him.

Not having an English voice doesn't scream "lazy" it just screams "we prefer them to speak the language they normally speak."
#378  January 30, 2020, 06:01:00 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, that IS lazy. Not having english for ONE character, being contrary to all others for no reason whatsoever is pure laziness. If I'm playing an english name, its language has to be on english, as far as I know, Soul Calibur always had the option for you to choose between japanese or english, if people want Haohmaru to speak japanese, then let them go to the options and select that. If we went by that logic, Sophitia and Cassandra would speak in greek, Raphael and Amy would speak french and so on, this isn't Tekken where its a mess of a free for all and people can understand each other even though they all speak different languages.
#379  January 30, 2020, 06:28:56 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I haven't played the older games in a while.  Did Spawn, Darth Vader, Yoda or Starkiller speak English in the Japanese versions of the games they showed in?  Or Ezio do so while mixing in Italian like he does in the English version? Or for that matter, Witcher Dude here in this one, does he speak Japanese in the Japanese copies?
#380  January 30, 2020, 06:53:45 pm
    • Brazil
I don't know about the other ones, but Geralt does:

EDIT: I just checked and Darth Vader, Ezio and Kratos had japanese voices as well (I assume the Apprentice and Yoda would have it too), and even if they didn't, Geralt having it is already enough of an argument to translate Haohmaru's voice, since it is the same game.
Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:58:19 pm by Macaulyn97