Seth (USF4) (Read 18876 times)

Started by Mr. I, December 02, 2014, 06:31:44 am
Share this topic:
Seth (USF4)
New #1  December 02, 2014, 06:31:44 am
    • Canada
Seth.

Spoiler: Preface (click to see content)

Ripping this guy was rather easy, though I see potential challenges with: Spinning Pile Driver, and Ultra 1 - Tanden Stream. Other than that, I think think the rest of the character should progress smoothly.

Spoiler: Super (click to see content)

Spoiler: Screens/Hitboxes (click to see content)

Key:
Green - Completed. Should be finalized pretty much
Blue - Implemented, incomplete or currently inaccurate behavior
Red - Currently being implemented, may be broken.

Progression Schedule
- Required Anims/Required Sprites
- Movement Forward/Back Dash
- Stand Attacks
- Close Stand Attacks
- Crouch Attacks
- Jump Attacks
- Jump Command Attacks
- Dive Kick
- Sonic Boom
- Shoryuken
- Spin Kick
- Tanden Engine
- Teleport
- Focus Attack/Red Focus Attack
- Spinning Pile Driver
- Throw/Back Throw
- Wall Jump
- Super
- Tanden Typhoon (Ultra 2)
- Tanden Stream (Ultra 1)
- Shoryuken Follow ups
- Bars/SF4 System related stuff
- Intro/Loss/Draw/Taunt poses
- General Polish

Want to test it? Here's a dropbox link for Seth's current files. They will be updated as more things get implemented. Do not expect a fully working product as of yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m6vcsm4c7dxrf05/AABPsLhoBe0Z9ynvdRbBf7Y0a?dl=0
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:15:50 am by Mr. I
Re: Seth (USF4)
#2  December 02, 2014, 07:13:13 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
As a Seth main, it makes me happy you're making him!  :)
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#3  December 02, 2014, 08:21:08 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
This looks awesome!  :D Looking forward to seeing more progress on him. The sprites look ripped very cleanly.

Any chance of giving Seth his alt costumes as well?
#4  December 02, 2014, 11:37:34 am
I thought you were going to rip Dan, but hearing/reading you'll do Seth is just as amazing. We'll finally have an updated version of him. Will you put the Omega version/moveset too (once it comes out)?

And you said Slitherware's hitbox viewer doesn't work, but does the Camera Man tool still work?
Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:50:58 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#5  December 02, 2014, 03:36:10 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
U1 isn't impossible to be exact. I'm sure you'll figure it out but there are at least 2 ways to do it in my mind and they both would look decent 2D anyway.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#6  December 02, 2014, 04:29:59 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
This wip is good for chuchoryu.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#7  December 03, 2014, 06:00:49 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
#8  December 03, 2014, 06:58:30 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
He probably means that this WIP will be useful to chuchoryu as he'll be able to use the sprites to sprite over them, or maybe some code. Anyway, that's totally off-topic.

Can't wait for Mr.I to progress with Seth. All his SF4 chars are incredible, so no doubt this one will be too ! :)
#9  December 03, 2014, 10:16:43 am
    • Canada
Any chance of giving Seth his alt costumes as well?

No to the alts, since that would require 1000s of extra rips.

Will you put the Omega version/moveset too (once it comes out)?

And you said Slitherware's hitbox viewer doesn't work, but does the Camera Man tool still work?

No plans for the Omega version but if people want it, it will be done probably as a separate character.

Slitherware has updated camera man to v0.6 which is said to work for the current version of Ultra (v1.03 - I believe). Though v1.04 with Omega edition is said to be released after Capcom Cup which is in 2 weeks from now. Here's hoping either he updates it fast, or there are no compatibility issues.

U1 isn't impossible to be exact. I'm sure you'll figure it out but there are at least 2 ways to do it in my mind and they both would look decent 2D anyway.

I don't think either of them will be hard... though they will probably take the longest out of the other moves. Ultra 2 requires no zooms so that one will be done first.

I already did quite a bit of this character when I tried to convert Werewood/Borewood's Golden Seth to USF4, but stopped because of lack of sprites. Because of this, the p2 state for Tanden Engine suction is already done and ready to go. It has the same property as Rufus' Ex Galactic Tornado and Big Bang Tornado.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#10  December 04, 2014, 05:39:52 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
oh good, the p2 states are just a bunch of math to make the sprite distorted as best as possible.
#11  December 05, 2014, 08:40:55 am
    • Canada
So no pre-releases or beta versions this time.

Instead you get a dropbox link with files that will be updated as stuff gets put in. Much easier this way.
#12  December 05, 2014, 12:56:05 pm
    • Dominica
    • kaysombi@gmail.com
So no pre-releases or beta versions this time.

Instead you get a dropbox link with files that will be updated as stuff gets put in. Much easier this way.

great job is awesome . when do you making dan need to dan hibiki please lol
#13  December 06, 2014, 08:15:58 pm
So far, so good!

I know your jump attacks aren't finished, so i'm not sure if you're already aware, but the only thing i found so far is on his mk stomps, after the 3rd hit, his stomps reset.  It should just go back to middle kick.  Also, the timing/pausetimes? seem off for these.  Perhaps lengthening the pausetimes might help.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:21:56 pm by Violin Ken
#14  December 06, 2014, 09:01:51 pm
    • Canada
It never occured to me to even try to stomp after the third one haha.

Are you sure the pausetimes feel off? I set it to 10, which is the default for medium attacks. Maybe I'm allowing the player to input the next button too early and should lengthen the time of inactivity where the player should wait before inputting the next attack (stomp or divekick).

#15  December 06, 2014, 09:11:13 pm
You're probably right that it's the input times and not the pausetimes.  I was just guessing why the stomps felt quicker than I'm used to.

#16  December 07, 2014, 05:56:19 am
    • Pakistan
    • amircool_donzeye@hotmail.com
the character is good but sometimes it suck when i press different keys at same time like when i press right Arrow up Arrow Left Arrow with puch the character stuck

#17  December 09, 2014, 02:38:46 am
nice update.  Some feedback below

-light sonic boom seems to travel a bit faster than I remember.  Also, the hitstun from sonic boom seems to be too quick.  Standing right next to p2, you should be able to combo sonic boom > ex cancel dash forward > close hp.

-can't ex cancel out of mp sonic boom and hp sonic boom.

-Shoryukens are missing hp whiff sound.  Also missing jumpland sound.

-it's harder than usual to connect the combo below.  In particular the stomps.  Not certain where the problem lies...  Either landing from shoryuken should have ctrl = 1 earlier or I think p2 should either fly a bit higher or float a little more.  kind of weird trying to translate sf4 physics into mugen.
       crouching hp > light shoryuken > stomps

Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:57:38 am by Violin Ken
#18  December 09, 2014, 02:41:35 am
  • Nori
    • somecomputersomewhere@yahoo.com
Damn that rip is clean.
#19  December 09, 2014, 10:31:00 am
    • Canada
Ok, here's a detailed update.

Significant changes made to all normals that hit airborne opponents. All light, medium and hard normals that don't cause knockdown have been normalized such that based on strength, they should do the same amount of pushback. This will be most noticable in air normals as they will now float the opponent higher and it will take more time for them to hit the ground. This will make air to air then cross-unders possible now. This change appears universal and will be applied to my previous SF4 characters.

-light sonic boom seems to travel a bit faster than I remember.  Also, the hitstun from sonic boom seems to be too quick.  Standing right next to p2, you should be able to combo sonic boom > ex cancel dash forward > close hp.

-can't ex cancel out of mp sonic boom and hp sonic boom.

Even though the focus attack has not been implemented yet, the functionality for it seems to work and I never even noticed. That said, the combo of sonic boom fadc hp actually DOES combo, but for some reason mugen doesn't register it. Turn on Debug (Ctrl + D) and look at the value for "Combo" (basically the one that does the scaling). If you do the combo, it will end in 2 instead of reset to 1. That said, no change will be made to the hitstun (unless you mention otherwise). I also added the cancel property for mp, hp and ex versions.

-Shoryukens are missing hp whiff sound.  Also missing jumpland sound.

They are added.

-it's harder than usual to connect the combo below.  In particular the stomps.  Not certain where the problem lies...  Either landing from shoryuken should have ctrl = 1 earlier or I think p2 should either fly a bit higher or float a little more.  kind of weird trying to translate sf4 physics into mugen.
       crouching hp > light shoryuken > stomps

I made some adjustments to the last 2 moves. The frames for all shoryukens are correct and no change was made to any of them. What I changed was the increase the knockback distance vertically and fall rate. I counted frames and the opponent should be in the air for exactly 47 frames. With this, the character should float slightly higher and the combo may be easier to do, but may need your verification. I also increased the vertical knockback distance of all stomps, and if you do the combo you should now have an opportunity to do a cross under the opponent as well

Good to have an actual Seth player on board. I would have probably missed quite a few of these.

the character is good but sometimes it suck when i press different keys at same time like when i press right Arrow up Arrow Left Arrow with puch the character stuck

It's cos the character is entering states that don't exist yet. In time, that stuff will disappear.
Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:00:44 am by Mr. I
#20  December 10, 2014, 02:49:51 am
-Ah, I see that sonic boom fadc combos now in debug mode.  It's kind of hard to connect, but it works.  Weird that mugen wouldn't display it via it's displayed combo counter.  However, I still think the hitstun window still seems too small for connected sonic booms.  i'm just looking at the hit anims from getting hit by a sonic boom in usf4 and it seems a lot longer than what's showing in mugen.  I recall being able to connect standing HP after sonic boom pretty liberally. 

-You shouldn't be able to cancel ex sonic boom into fadc.

-As for your changes with connecting the stomps at the end of the combo, it seems even more difficult now than before.  :/  i can't land a single stomp on p2.  Just tried in usf4 and i could land it every time.

-Just noticed this, it's merely cosmetic, but something to note.   When p2 Seth gets hit by sonic boom, p2 gethitanim appears to be more like he got hit in the gut rather than on the head.  This seems to be the case only when it's against tall players though where the sonic boom is at gut level.

-Not sure if you're aware, but his turning animations missing. 

Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:29:57 am by Violin Ken