YesNoOk

New Capcom Fighter beginning development (Read 8267 times)

Started by SNT, October 24, 2013, 02:35:39 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

New Capcom Fighter beginning development
#1  October 24, 2013, 02:35:39 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Re: New Capcom Fighter beginning development
#2  October 24, 2013, 08:20:26 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Good to know :D Capcom making a new fighting game is always good news. I think it's very soon to start rumouring about which game should be, IMO (except for SRK guys, who're already talking about a new Rival Schools game)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  October 24, 2013, 08:22:03 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Darkstalkers 3~
#4  October 24, 2013, 08:27:59 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
This sounds like a deal to be made. :)
#5  October 24, 2013, 08:28:56 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Street Fighter EX4...I'm pulling for YOU!
#6  October 24, 2013, 08:34:24 pm
  • SNK is life
^ of all the possible options, people will always root for the most obscure/only non-feasible option.
#7  October 24, 2013, 08:38:27 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
HEY! Arika and Capcom are actually (somewhat)friendly now. And considering how well made the EX games are I don't see how it's non-feasible. And what would you consider to be a non-obscure, feasible option? Another Rival Schools game perhaps?
But starting an argument on a thread with under 10 posts is a surefire way to look like a complete asshole...so I'll just leave it at agreeing to disagree.
#8  October 24, 2013, 08:41:38 pm
#9  October 24, 2013, 08:45:13 pm
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#10  October 24, 2013, 08:50:20 pm
Doesn't matter... once it's revealed that it's not SF5 or MvC4, people will cry and the game will get cancelled. :P

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11  October 24, 2013, 08:53:10 pm
  • Subtle Serenity
    • Somalia
It probably won't be a niche franchise like Darkstalkers or Rival Schools. They are not in good enough shape to be going for those.

I hope it's a proper Capcom All-stars game. I don't think Capcom Fighting Mujam counts as a real game.
Die Vögel singen nicht mehr...
#12  October 24, 2013, 08:55:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Either SFV, DSIV or another cross over. Interesting that Capcom itself wants to develope a new fighting game it seems. The last time they did so was in 2004 with Capcom Fighting Jam if i remember it right.
#13  October 24, 2013, 08:56:13 pm
a new rival school game is long overdue,
#14  October 24, 2013, 08:57:16 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#15  October 24, 2013, 08:57:53 pm
a proper capcom crossover fighting game is also likely. niche games like rival schools and darkstalkers and star gladiator are shit out of luck
#16  October 24, 2013, 09:02:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Capcom Fighting All-Stars.....
#17  October 24, 2013, 09:08:40 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I hope it's a completely fresh, completely new game. Not a reboot. Not a continuation of an existing game. A NEW FIGHTING GAME MADE BY CAPCOM.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#18  October 24, 2013, 09:11:45 pm
they can't afford that kind of risk especially considering how expensive game development is lately, moreso if this game will be for next generation consoles which is very likely
#19  October 24, 2013, 09:13:42 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
I'd much rather them be bold with a new property. Something like what Blazblue is to Guilty Gear. Very similar and familiar in a lot of respects, but very unique and fresh in just as many. Darkstalkers 4 would be nice, but I want to see if Capcom still has it in them to make a new series altogether like they did repeatedly throughout the 90s. No one cares about Cyberbots, Star Gladiator, or even Rival Schools, but damn it... they weren't Street Fighter sequels. Given Capcom's record with new franchises, though, another crossover or Street Fighter seems more likely.

Maybe a crossover disguised as a new property a la KoF94? KoF went on to outshine its parent series and be its own thing eventually, but it started as Fatal Fury vs. Art of Fighting featuring some non-fighting-game SNK characters and a bunch of new dudes. Even TekkenxSoulcalibur: The Beatemup (Urban Reign) was pretty great, even if almost no one seems to remember it. It's too early to play the guessing game, though.

....and as I was typing, The Fool summed up my first point. :P
#20  October 24, 2013, 09:15:17 pm
I'm down for a new fighting game, actually a fighting game with no bullshit attached as a money grab. Not trying to turn this into a Capcom defense topic btw, I'm speaking in general.

Would not mind it being Darkstalkers, but if it's not Darkstalkers then just let it be entirely original.
#21  October 24, 2013, 09:17:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
If Capcom would be smart they would make as many of their old arcade games available via psn, xbl and steam as possible. Ranging from the old games we have seen on a ton of game collections and even a ton more of the still untouched CPS 1 /2 /3 arcade games as well as 32bit era 3D games on the arcade hardware they used for Rival Schools or Star Gladiator.

With that they could make money + make some old IP's a tiny bit more relevant again.

Step 2 could be to develope sequels for them which are not meant to be big sellers with high development costs but instead directed directly at the fighting game community who cares and has lastgen graphics maybe or not even that. Such experiments would not be that expensive and they could profit  of it if they would provide nice sequels without dlc bullshit and small development costs compared to the big screen games

edit: Capcom, not Nintendo of course.
Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:20:38 pm by Germanbaraka667
#22  October 24, 2013, 09:19:02 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Nin...tendo?...wat?
Also how is that a smart thing to do?
#23  October 24, 2013, 09:20:33 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

#24  October 24, 2013, 09:21:56 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nin...tendo?...wat?
Also how is that a smart thing to do?

Meant Capcom of course, was writing a comment about a Nintendo game in another window so i got confused. meh.

Earning Money is most of the time a smart thing to do.
#25  October 24, 2013, 09:26:07 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
But sucking up your consumer's money like a sponge is most certainly NOT a smart thing to do.

If they don't stop, they'll lose pretty much all of their consumers.

#26  October 24, 2013, 09:29:45 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
inb4 kickstarter

A NEW fighting game from Capcom would be rather nice, even a sequel for other forgotten franchises would be really nice but who knows. Hopefully it would be something fresh.
Chilling
#27  October 24, 2013, 09:29:53 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Oh...my bad for not catching on.
But all I'm saying is that if Capcom were to release previous arcade games as HD remakes that wouldn't work out. The amount of money they would spend on re-coding and re-spriting all of those games, acquiring licenses(in some cases) and etc. etc. would probably far exceed the sales for said re-released games. Also if they do this with fighting games, the market would actually become oversaturated, resulting in either a fragmented community or NOBODY BUYING ANYTHING, both of which are likely. I mean I'm not a business major or even working, but...that doesn't sound like it would work out is all. Plus...maybe Capcom going under isn't such a bad thing...
#28  October 24, 2013, 09:37:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
No, i did not mean HD remakes, i meant clear ports /emulated versions. Just like SNK did with some of their older NeoGeo games available on XBL and even the Wii

Respriting and modelling would be expensive of course, that would indeed not be smart.

I meant just raw emulations, the only addition being netplay maybe.

Marketing for those could be done by reaching the community on social platforms like their own Capcomunity and of course Facebook, websites like eventhubs etc would promote them for free since they write about anything FG related.
#29  October 24, 2013, 10:02:04 pm
    • Germany
It will be a Megaman beat'em up, so they can cancel it without any reason at any point of the development, and then they can add a new canceled Megaman game to there list..... :eaugh:

To be serious, I'm realy curious if they will make a realy new Game, or if they just put some old stuff together.
#30  October 24, 2013, 10:10:20 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#31  October 24, 2013, 11:37:20 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Cazaki Sums up my feelings about this. Street FighterXTekken is something that has to looked at as to what not to do. I don't have anything against the game's recent reboot, but because the many broken things that was in was in the original made a lot of people lose hope for it really fast. Let's hope the same doesn't happen here.

#32  October 25, 2013, 04:31:23 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
No one cares about Cyberbots, Star Gladiator, or even Rival Schools, but damn it... they weren't Street Fighter sequels. Given Capcom's record with new franchises, though, another crossover or Street Fighter seems more likely.

Don't forget Sengoku Basara X Cross and Power Stone.

I still prefer it in 2d but that's not gonna happen since its most likely for the 2 new consoles. Haven't even bought Persona 4 Ultimate yet.

I am happy though its not another Resident Evil sequel.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#33  October 25, 2013, 04:45:10 am
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#34  October 25, 2013, 04:48:57 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Maybe someone like diepod, or balthizar should help design the characters. That's assuming they'll start an entirely new video game. I'd love to see bluestreak(or his other original designs)  in an actual game. :yes:
#35  October 25, 2013, 05:02:38 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Doesn't matter... once it's revealed that it's not SF5 or MvC4, people will cry and the game will get cancelled. :P

Final Fight Revenge 2
Yes, it's a Capcom franchise, whatever
#36  October 25, 2013, 05:13:57 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#37  October 25, 2013, 05:42:58 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I wonder there would be a battle royale of all characters from Capcom. I mean, Street Fighter, Rival School, Resident Evil, Mega Man, and all. There might be a title called Capcom Battle Royale I think.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.

MDI

#38  October 25, 2013, 05:57:58 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Star Gladiator 3..
Red Earth reboot/sequel or Darkstalkers 4 with HD sprites, finally setting aside the 2.5d gimmick. Nah. One can dream though.
ey
#39  October 25, 2013, 12:17:49 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Also that wasn't developed by Capcom.

Yes.  :) Its a Capcom fighting game that was developed by Arc System Works. I like its striker/assist system as it combines a little bit of both from KOF 2000 and MVC2 while adding something unique at the same time like using the strikers to function similar to GGX2's burst, summoning the strikers to add more hits and damage while doing supers, and saving them up so you can use them more often.

You seem to know much from an obscure game. Which characters do you use?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#40  October 25, 2013, 01:13:06 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
My vote goes to Dark Stalkers because its been areal while since last game appeared
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#41  October 29, 2013, 12:46:37 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
so its supposedly a new game ?

I won't be suprised if it turned to be a remake of something they remade for million of times
#42  October 29, 2013, 12:56:40 am
Say... I don't know much about the job, would they need game designers if it was a remake ? Wouldn't they already have all the assets and game plans they'd need, and wouldn't they only need to recode and redo all the graphics and animations, while keeping the game mechanics and stuff ? What's the game designer's part in this ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#43  October 29, 2013, 01:15:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they had one for sf2 hd remix, though I think devil raptor means remake as opossed to a new ip, I really don't think they will remake an existing game, though a sequel to an alrady established ip is likely.
#44  October 29, 2013, 01:17:08 am
Ah, right, if they do even just some random rebalancing and redesigning of how useful such and such action is, that's a game designer. Okay.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.