YesNoOk

Dr. Mario by TheMockery and DS12 Released (Read 5496 times)

Started by matoh, September 30, 2018, 03:04:28 am
Share this topic:
Dr. Mario by TheMockery and DS12 Released
#1  September 30, 2018, 03:04:28 am
  • MUGEN_70
  • Nothing important...
    • USA
im just me
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:14:06 am by TheMockery
Re: Dr. Mario by TheMockery and DS12 Released
#2  September 30, 2018, 04:24:27 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Dang, was just going to suggest some ideas I got today. Very nice to see a Dr. Mario with some effort in it.
#3  September 30, 2018, 04:45:22 am
  • MUGEN_70
  • Nothing important...
    • USA
im just me
#4  September 30, 2018, 05:00:07 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Oh, sweet. I really wanted to suggest something involving the Viruses. Maybe an intro where Dr. nails one with a Megavitamin which kills it? They were enemies in Superstar Saga, which could provide sprites. Maybe an attack of some sort?

Maybe another intro or hyper involving a ambulance? I know another Dr. for Mugen has it as an intro... But it's extremely poor.

Would like to suggest the Dr. Mario level clear themes from the games as an alternate win theme as well. Or maybe a doctor light throw based on the Dr. costume in Odyssey?

The last two suggestions I had are a Brawl mod of Dr. that gives him a massive needle as a weapon he uses in a lot of attacks/taunts, there isn't much footage of it though, and Dr. Mario 64. Maybe his rivalry with Wario in 64 could be a special intro? Or Metal Dr. in somewhere...?

Even if none make it in, thank you so much for leaving it open and considering any.
#5  September 30, 2018, 07:08:57 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Decided to give the character a testplay and found these issues within 5 minutes in.

1. Hitboxes could use some serious fixing altogether.

You either have stuff with infinite priority like this...

Attacks that are extremely lacking in any ability to trade or beat out even the weakest of attacks such as this...

And projectiles will never clash with Pills because they lack a hurtbox to allow for it to happen...

2. Push back whenever light attacks hit need to be increased since rapid tapping their inputs can produce jank damage and hitcounts like these...

Edit:  Found even more glaring issues that should be addressed.

- Headbutt and uppercut launchers cannot be jump canceled, making them practically useless.
- Coin Punch has Dr. Mario enter standing state whenever you hit him out of it with an attack that doesn't cause knockdown.
- Coin Punch doesn't properly connect when used against grounded opponents. It also doesn't cause a hard knockdown, allowing the opponent to recover before you can even on hit and let them punish you as a result. Needs to be adjusted so that all hits connect on grounded opponents and keep them from recovering on hit.
- Coin Punch doesn't have invulnerability frames on start-up like a proper DP. This limits its options to being a combo tool and it doesn't even do that well. It should have the option of also being a reversal, too, to serve its purpose.
- Coin Punch has no landing lag, making it too easy to get away with it. Try to use N for physics instead of A and work around this with velsets for jumping upward, veladds for gravity and then change into the landing lag state when he reaches pos y >= 0.
- I feel like Dr. Mario's haymaker that's obviously based on his f-air from Smash should cause a ground bounce similar to how Mario's works in Smash 4 just for the added benefit of his combos and because it would actually be a neat feature. Obviously, it should only be limited to ground bouncing once a combo for balance purposes, but it's a missed idea here.
- His Sheet doesn't reflect projectiles at all. This can be fixed with both a hitoverride alongside a reversaldef so that it can cover both helper and non-helper projectiles at once.
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:15:16 pm by Nep Heart
#6  October 27, 2018, 03:22:22 pm
  • MUGEN_70
  • Nothing important...
    • USA
- Headbutt and uppercut launchers cannot be jump canceled, making them practically useless.
- Coin Punch has Dr. Mario enter standing state whenever you hit him out of it with an attack that doesn't cause knockdown.
- Coin Punch doesn't properly connect when used against grounded opponents. It also doesn't cause a hard knockdown, allowing the opponent to recover before you can even on hit and let them punish you as a result. Needs to be adjusted so that all hits connect on grounded opponents and keep them from recovering on hit.
- Coin Punch doesn't have invulnerability frames on start-up like a proper DP. This limits its options to being a combo tool and it doesn't even do that well. It should have the option of also being a reversal, too, to serve its purpose.
- Coin Punch has no landing lag, making it too easy to get away with it. Try to use N for physics instead of A and work around this with velsets for jumping upward, veladds for gravity and then change into the landing lag state when he reaches pos y >= 0.
- I feel like Dr. Mario's haymaker that's obviously based on his f-air from Smash should cause a ground bounce similar to how Mario's works in Smash 4 just for the added benefit of his combos and because it would actually be a neat feature. Obviously, it should only be limited to ground bouncing once a combo for balance purposes, but it's a missed idea here.

I'll see what I'll can fix. Sorry if I haven't posted in a while.

Also.
- His Sheet doesn't reflect projectiles at all. This can be fixed with both a hitoverride alongside a reversaldef so that it can cover both helper and non-helper projectiles at once.

It does, though. The character you are using may not have its correct ATTR listed as projectiles.
im just me