YesNoOk

How to define the time of opponent's fall? (Read 1717 times)

Started by Redben, January 08, 2020, 02:50:10 am
Share this topic:
How to define the time of opponent's fall?
#1  January 08, 2020, 02:50:10 am
    • Morocco
When executing a move and the oppoent is falling from the air: is there any way to manipulate the time in game-ticks of the fall? Something equivalant to ground.slidtetime but for the opponent when is in a fall state. E.g: I want to make his fall very slow to open ground for combos.
Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:00:21 am by Redben
Re: How to define the time of opponent's fall?
#2  January 08, 2020, 03:53:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 It's the yaccel parameter in hitdefs that you should look into. If not included in the hitdef, it will default to P2's fall speed. If a value is placed in there, you define their hitfall speed instead. A value like 0.25 for example will make the target have a floaty fall while something like 1 will make them fall like a rock.
#3  January 08, 2020, 07:00:24 am
When executing a move and the oppoent is falling from the air: is there any way to manipulate the time in game-ticks of the fall? Something equivalant to ground.slidtetime but for the opponent when is in a fall state. E.g: I want to make his fall very slow to open ground for combos.

1 Just as Nep Heart said
use the yaccel (which is the gravity the enemy will apply) and your hitdef y velocity send to the enemy will decide how high and how long the enmey will fly in the air. this is the most nature way. looks nature. just tweek the two should give you the result.

2. put enemy into your state and set the speed manually. looks bad

3. use TargetVelAdd or set to change the speed of the target
#4  January 12, 2020, 04:32:58 am
    • Morocco
Thank you very much beterhans and Nep Hearts. Btw, is it weird that I don't get notifications for replies to my posts despite enabling the option prior to posting them?
Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:44:32 am by Redben
#5  January 14, 2020, 09:43:47 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv