YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Development Thread (Read 74344 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, September 04, 2010, 04:06:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Development Thread
#401  December 04, 2011, 11:21:17 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
To simplify, C++ is like C, but also has the concept of objects and classes. You can choose to code with or without them.
In java, however, everything is an object (IIRC my few lessons of Java).
#402  December 04, 2011, 12:10:01 pm
  • Opensource Programmer
    • mugenrebirth.forumfree.it
I think he mean a plugin system in order to apply dinamicly any changes required. If so... I am very very impressed. I implemented a similar idea into NOMEN, but limited to sff management (Sff plugin system) but it is not a "real" plugin system (becouse all modules must be included as real modules of the program, even if the system is flexible).

So again... very congratulation

NOTE: As far as I know FF is developed using Qt... this mean that also some java usage is possible. I am not able to use this kind of feature and I cannot exclude that FF will use it instead. However it seems to me that VirtuallTek not intendet to say he is using also Java, but seems to me he wanted to say that he was able to encode a very flexible system that works with a plugin logic (very impressive, as I said before  :sugoi:)
RETIRED FROM MUGEN WORLD.
All my creations (characters, stages, applications, etc) can be freely destributed and hosted anywhere without any limitation.

Developer of N.O.M.E.N. (Abandoned project).
#403  December 04, 2011, 03:57:16 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
No, I'm not using Java.

About the flexibility, the new system is only for me, is integrated inside the application's executable, but is very extensible allowing future updates (already planned) that will open new doors.
I'm not going to make an external plugin system because I did it in previous versions and I didn't have the expected result. But the FF3 programming design is so beautiful, encapsulating all complexity (and we have much complexity here under the 42638 lines of code), the program is lightning fast and very efficient. For sure, is my best work until now.
The user will have the Lua scripting system, that allows the user to make new tools, templates and anything you want.

I'm thinking about to make it open source later.

Thanks!
#404  December 05, 2011, 01:30:12 am
  • Opensource Programmer
    • mugenrebirth.forumfree.it
The user will have the Lua scripting system, that allows the user to make new tools, templates and anything you want
Wow... Even if I am not able to use LUA, the LUA support is a very great thing.
I think NOMEN will never have a feature like this one... I have no problem to say I am not able to do such complex things :)

I hope so... it would be a very nice opportunity for me to learn from your sources.

What can I add more... you are AWESOME (and a great worker... so many lines of code :D)
RETIRED FROM MUGEN WORLD.
All my creations (characters, stages, applications, etc) can be freely destributed and hosted anywhere without any limitation.

Developer of N.O.M.E.N. (Abandoned project).
#405  December 09, 2011, 03:14:26 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I hope so... it would be a very nice opportunity for me to learn from your sources.
If I decide to make FF3 open source I need to comment the code first  ;D, it has just a few lines of comments. I don't know how I don't get lost  :P

Fighter Factory 3 is almost complete for the first public release.
I'm doing some final tests and debugging it with Valgrind to check memory problems.
I will send the current version to the Beta testers in the next two days (the general performance increased 2-3 times, just wait  :twisted:).

For this release the Lua support will be small, because I stopped to work on it to make other things, and the AIR full text mode won't be present (I'm rewriting it from scratch to make possible a new (wonderful) feature to be added later).

Thanks!
#406  December 11, 2011, 01:46:54 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Beta 7 is out.

Fighter Factory 3 public beta will be released in one week.

The wait is finally over!  8)
#407  December 11, 2011, 01:23:57 pm
    • Thailand
Before Fighter Factory 3, I was a wimp, now I'm a jerk.

Thank you, Fighter Factory 3. Now I can get all the girls I want just by inserting their sprites into an .sffv2.

What are you waiting for? Yeah, you! Get Fighter Factory 3 and get girls!
#408  December 11, 2011, 04:26:07 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Nice marketing!
It reminds me some asian guys and your anime pillows.

My is: Get Fighter Factory 3 and you will have more time to work with your real girl!  :P