YesNoOk

on [E]'s behaviour (Read 7251 times)

Started by Ender, September 12, 2007, 11:58:04 pm
Share this topic:
on [E]'s behaviour
#1  September 12, 2007, 11:58:04 pm
  • Pay no attention to me.
First of all, sorry to this topic's creator for just an off-topic post (addressed mostly to [E] and Valodim) but i just couldn't remain mute on this fact.

Tell me [E], as a global mod, aren't you supposed to have a rather exemplary behavior, especially now that the Guild wants to be an exemplary forum?
I admit face_de_castor is quite straightforward when talking to you, but your behavior towards him isn't worthy of a global mod, is it?

elix: disregard him, he likes ahuron's characters
elix: that's how bacon types, so do not mind the style.
you are a stupid frenchie, i do not obther with those, sucha a waste of time

Quite straightforward and narrow-minded too... Which leads me to this :

castor dude:

okaay... that post had no content except insulting a global mod... it got removed, and you reposted it.

Which got me to look at your more recent posts, which gets me to: see you in a week.

Oh, I also get to use this smiley - I love this smiley: :banneded:

So, a global mod would have the right to talk childishly to people, as if they are nothing but some worthless inferior animals, without fear of being called to order, whereas a random member is to be banned without delay, officially because of an 'insulting post' despite the fact that provocations had first come from [E] (first quote which follows a normal post from a member giving a non-insulting opinion) and that there had been previous insults from BOTH of them...
I admit normal members should be called to order, maybe through a short-time ban... but tell me, what's worse? A random member insulting a global mod or the other way around? Indeed, by using such terms, the member breaks the courtesy rule, but a global mod breaks both that rule and the exemplarity rule that is expected from him, to show others how they should behave themselves...

So here's my point : isn't there some kind of hypocrisy in the fact that face_de_castor is the only one to be called to order after that? In my opinion, for a guild that wishes to be a worthy forum, such behavior from moderators, not to say GLOBAL moderators, should not be tolerated, as it is not tolerated from random normal members... You have to decide whether you want everyone to have the same rules or if "important' members have privileges over basic social rules... Just keep in mind that if 'leaders' don't respect their own rules, random members are not likely to follow these rules...

That's all, sorry again to Elix for this off-topic post.
Faut pas parler aux cons, ça les instruit.
Re: on [E]'s behaviour
#2  September 13, 2007, 12:18:06 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
for my defense; castor staretd the personal attacks by calling me a retard, that's not something you would do to a moderator. and it seems you are misunderstanding the moderator role on a forum, normally attacking a figure of authority does not make you go unpunished, rather it gets more punishment, i decided to just insult him back, which you can say was my wrong doing.

that should be the stupid frenchie one.

the comment to elix about disregarding castor for liking ahuron's characters i logical, elix seemed to start getting pissed off, so i just commented he should not pay attention to someone who is complaining about brokenn juggles, yet likes characters with broken juggles.

the comment about bacon's typing style is simply that elix is relatively new and he can't be familiar with bacon's common way of adressing people in an agressive manner.
#3  September 13, 2007, 12:29:57 am
    • Germany
for my defense; castor staretd the personal attacks by calling me a retard, that's not something you would do to a moderator. and it seems you are misunderstanding the moderator role on a forum, normally attacking a figure of authority does not make you go unpunished, rather it gets more punishment, i decided to just insult him back, which you can say was my wrong doing.

somewhat --;
#4  September 13, 2007, 12:30:43 am
who is complaining about brokenn juggles, yet likes characters with broken juggles.
Note : that's sarcasm.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:42:26 am by Baiken

Dark Saviour

#5  September 13, 2007, 12:30:57 am
rather it gets more punishment, i decided to just insult him back, which you can say was my wrong doing.
That's the point, you're not supposed to do that.

that should be the stupid frenchie one.
Oh yeah, that's not stupid att all to post such a meesage in the FRENCH topic. Really, you're shining...

the comment to elix about disregarding castor for liking ahuron's characters i logical, elix seemed to start getting pissed off, so i just commented he should not pay attention to someone who is complaining about brokenn juggles, yet likes characters with broken juggles.
Childish.

the comment about bacon's typing style is simply that elix is relatively new and he can't be familiar with bacon's common way of adressing people in an agressive manner.
For your information, Elix doesn't seem to need a coach. Plus, you're not the KOF reference so stop to act as if you were, that's not the first time that it happens (don't you remember me, you know, the unfamous guy).

You're defense shows us your reason but I don't see any excuse to act like you did.
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:37:29 am by MotherFucking Guy
#6  September 13, 2007, 12:35:06 am
    • Germany
For your information, Elix doesn't seem to need a coach.

Indeed. At least not for handling Byakko :beam:

Aaanyways, you are right, you know that, we know that, I think/hope he got the point, let's try to avoid any further rambling that leads nowhere...
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 01:59:38 am by Valodim
#7  September 13, 2007, 02:03:42 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i was not trying to excuse myself, so that's ok.

about elix not needing a coach, i am not coaching him at anithing, i am just discussing about kof development with him. I think being the one who grew up along with sanders as well as pointing out a lot of stuff at mugen irc channels, from cancelling to juggling ( not that i did not learn of other mugen persons like sorrowedge, tenshin and ky0), as well as having 10+ years of playing kof experience entitle me to talk about the game to developers. if elix does not like talking to me about it, he can directly or indirectly (like ironmugen did) tell me.
#8  September 13, 2007, 02:53:57 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This thread is funny. :D

What did you go and do now [E]?! HAHA
#9  September 13, 2007, 03:10:50 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#10  September 13, 2007, 03:30:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#11  September 13, 2007, 03:49:01 am
Indeed. At least not for handling Byakko :beam:
Uh what ? Considering I wasn't talking to him but to [E] most of the times he replied to me, that's pretty unnecessary to say that. Not that it's a first from you though.
Discussions between Elix and me went pretty smoothly if you ignore [E]'s interventions.
i am just discussing about kof development with him.
No, you were replying in his stead on things you weren't involved in, that wasn't about your technical discussions.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12  September 13, 2007, 03:53:09 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a ok, pm arrived a bit late, or maybe no.

slightly unrelated, i got a 20% raise at work  :sugoi:
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:59:20 am by R[E]ika
#13  September 13, 2007, 05:09:12 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Cool.  I get a 50% raise in three months. :gugoi:

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#14  September 13, 2007, 06:05:02 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, but can you look at pr0n while you are at work ? redefines worksafe.
#15  September 13, 2007, 06:54:34 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

Dark Saviour

#16  September 13, 2007, 10:58:21 am
about elix not needing a coach, i am not coaching him at anithing, i am just discussing about kof development with him.
You don't get it. I've never said that you have no KOF knowlegde and programmation skills. What I say is that there is no reason to tell Elix to disregard other people, pretexting that you don't like their taste.

I think being the one who grew up along with sanders as well as pointing out a lot of stuff at mugen irc channels, from cancelling to juggling ( not that i did not learn of other mugen persons like sorrowedge, tenshin and ky0), as well as having 10+ years of playing kof experience entitle me to talk about the game to developers. if elix does not like talking to me about it, he can directly or indirectly (like ironmugen did) tell me.
So what? Even if Sander remains one of the finest Mugen KOF developpers for a large part of this community, there is still a lot of perfectible stuff in his creations, Elix proove it many times. I don't want to blame anybody but I just try to open you eyes on one thing: there is no absolute truth, our works and knowledges are in constant evolution and there is always additional things to learn from others.
#17  September 14, 2007, 01:53:38 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
yeah, but can you look at pr0n while you are at work ? redefines worksafe.
No.  That's the only downside to the job.  Been there almost three months and they haven't given me any real tough projects to deal with. :-\

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#18  September 14, 2007, 06:51:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i am working on an irc client atm, since i had not done real multithreading before, this is kind of fun.
#19  September 14, 2007, 06:54:21 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#20  September 14, 2007, 07:00:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
cps3 emulator ? i think you mean the mame hack, if so, yeah. i added shots factory support to several more drivers to it, until it got boring, the only plans for it's future is add a shots factory to daraku tenshi and port it to mame .118.