YesNoOk

Ideas for the request section (Read 21018 times)

Started by Skank88, August 28, 2007, 12:04:29 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

You want the request section closed or open?

Closed, too spamming and leechers!!!
48 (60%)
Open, because i can't make request!
17 (21.3%)
None
15 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Re: NOW STOP!!!
#61  August 29, 2007, 12:24:01 am
    • Germany
true...
#62  August 29, 2007, 12:32:17 am
The tags kick ass  8)
#63  August 29, 2007, 12:39:21 am
#64  August 29, 2007, 12:55:18 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
How about a karma when you send someone something.  You start with so much and can't post anymore if you don't answer a request?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#65  August 29, 2007, 01:02:21 am
#66  August 29, 2007, 01:03:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
How about a karma when you send someone something.  You start with so much and can't post anymore if you don't answer a request?
Just by replying to topics you get karma? Or someone has to give it to you? Either way I don't see it working.
#67  August 29, 2007, 01:06:42 am
  • Am I evil?
Do the tags have to be forcefully used in the Requests area ??? Like Titlin said, most don't even use them in that area.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#68  August 29, 2007, 01:08:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
request is the place where your learn how to moderate yourself.
#69  August 29, 2007, 01:13:52 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#70  August 29, 2007, 01:15:10 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You had better check post history to see if the person gives karma for fullfilling requests. Otherwise you could run out of karma real fast!
Then you would have to make another account or something.
#71  August 29, 2007, 01:16:18 am
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
sounds a bit like ebay. successful sale with no problems gives good credits.
#72  August 29, 2007, 01:19:09 am
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
I've been playing that in M.I.
When first saw it thought that I was in Dr. Moreau's Island... was very strange...

--; To be honest I never liked being "tipped" too much. The person I like most in there never did it, which I found cool.

Oh well, but others seemed to find it fun, why not.

#73  August 29, 2007, 01:32:28 am
\"oohwhap\" said:
dont requset my chars tey r prevet
#74  August 29, 2007, 11:03:39 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Awesome. Some very interesting posts here.

Appreciated. Thumbs up, and sorry that we're not reacting instantly. But something will come of this. :)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#75  August 29, 2007, 11:55:57 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
If you allow negative karma, odds are some people will give it frequently and maybe randomly just to cut down on the amount of requests - but maybe if only the topic author can do it, and only once per user that replies to the topic things might work out.
Who knows, maybe that'd even help to encourage the "1 topic, 1 creation" idea that would make the use of the tags more efficient...

Edit: if only people who have karma can request, and only people who requested can give karma to their replies, to kickstart the process perhaps only contributors initially could make requests - that star in in the profile would count as 1 karma.

That, in turn, inspires another idea: if there's a doubt on how to further attribute contributor status, perhaps an analogous system could be used in the releases section, only people with a contributor star would vote on topic starters...

Edit 2: perhaps the releases thing would at allow a tentative, non-official pre-contributor title for admins to discuss or something, since it's easy to see a purely user-based title/feedback/access system being abused...
Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 03:42:00 pm by Loona
#76  August 29, 2007, 04:49:14 pm
  • I am the Maverick of Death!
I like the karma idea (wonders why it isn't in play.) and I'd like to make a serious request without sounding like a complete leecher....That's right kiddies, I can't because...wait for it...you have idiots like kangaroo post every few hours.  Instead of the does it exist thread should have just posted all the available and open sites that have MUGEN chacters or stages.
I'm just too damn busy with college for RIOT Control.

R.I.P Reu-  You will be missed but never forgotten!

MCX

#77  August 30, 2007, 04:46:10 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/

Thing is, the "rules" (if we can call that rules) is to use common-sense and self-moderation.
This worked pretty well when the section was closed and only accessible by contributors or above because, well, contributor know what they're doing, and are often smart enough to avoid bullshit.

But have a lot of people here don't think in this way of common-sense and self moderation.
It's a shame.
:(
#78  August 30, 2007, 08:13:28 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
I may be repeating something that has already been said, but does it seem to you guys like there could be angry creators hiding behind different IPs signing up JUST to flood the request forum, and or just generally troll this place from time to time?  I know that troll is trooooooooolllllll, but some of this stuff seems a little premeditated.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#79  August 30, 2007, 08:14:54 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.

Thing is, the "rules" (if we can call that rules) is to use common-sense and self-moderation.
This worked pretty well when the section was closed and only accessible by contributors or above because, well, contributor know what they're doing, and are often smart enough to avoid bullshit.

But have a lot of people here don't think in this way of common-sense and self moderation.
It's a shame.
:(
let the ban do the common sense part for them then, if it gets to be too much at times.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#80  August 30, 2007, 10:28:55 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Everybody should now be able to delete replies to their own topic in the request section.

I could also enable the POWA to modify replies to your own topics there, and the chaos goddess would be pleased, but... heh, this should be enough. =)

More things are are being discussed. edit: aaaand thanks again for all your thoughts
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:32:00 am by Sepp