YesNoOk

Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P) (Read 1110 times)

Started by KingCorporeal, September 24, 2019, 12:23:23 am
Share this topic:
Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P)
#1  September 24, 2019, 12:23:23 am
    • USA
"This is Garnet. Back together."

Ah, my first sprite project! I'm a beginner spriter, and I'm using this character as a way to practice and improve my skills. However, I'm not going to be using that as an excuse for shoddy work! I'm really a beginner in M.U.G.E.N in general, so if someone could help me get started with stuff like posting and coding, I'd love to hear that. Anyways, enough about me; let's talk about Garnet.

Garnet is going to be a 3-button character with various specials and supers from the show. As you can see, the sprites are based on her appearance from Save the Light. I'll be using that as a base to start, and then I'll start making more sprites from scratch. Some of my plans for her moveset are a rapid-punch special, (mimicking her fight with the Lapis clone) a rocket punch super, and a Level 3 mimicking her final attack against Ringo.

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and I can't wait for this character to come to completion. WIsh me luck!
Re: Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P)
#2  September 24, 2019, 05:29:25 am
    • USA
Oh WOW That looks great.
Good luck with Garnet "in the future" ;)
#3  September 24, 2019, 05:52:28 am
  • $AD FUCK
  • Be scared to lose my life but be caring the least
    • Puerto Rico
    • Skype - TheFclass97
hmmm... will keep a close eye, best of luck..

Don't be afraid to give more movement to your animations to give them more strength and life. Like the jab for example, seems to lack a little range and action. hope I didn't sound vague with that but neat start so far.
#4  September 24, 2019, 06:37:02 am
    • deathscythemugen.neocities.org
Oh, always good to see someone working with their own sprites! Good luck!

BXR

#5  October 07, 2019, 06:57:44 am
  • Lets Light em up
    • Hong Kong
    • https://mentalmars.com/
Good job, those looke welldone, . Once you get more done, come and chill with us in Battleborn, for ps4.

We need alot of players for Battleborn, we are on evenings on PS4, The game is free download and fun in teams, so choose your fighter and lets team up
#6  October 07, 2019, 07:01:51 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Oh hey, that's pretty good, I wish you the best of luck with Garnet in the future and don't rush it ok? always take your time if needed

Don't think...obey
#7  November 02, 2019, 06:58:35 am
    • USA
Wow this looks really good! I like the stylization of it and the animations look really nice as well. I wonder if you plan on shading it in the future or not. In any case I hope to see more of it later on!