YesNoOk

Icons and Guidelines (Read 67349 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, January 29, 2014, 03:41:32 pm
Share this topic:
Icons and Guidelines
New #1  January 29, 2014, 03:41:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
1) Please select the appropriate message icon for the release you are posting about from the list that's available when you start a new topic.

1.2) You don't need to use textual thread tags like [Stage]! You've already got the message icons for that.

1.3) If the icons aren't showing up in the list, just refresh.

2) Try to be informative and include the name of whatever release you are posting about in the thread subject:
  • "Here comes the ninja!  Naruto sprite pack by T@KA".

3) Recommended information to include in the post body:
  • game or other source of origin (if any) that your rips/edits came from
  • Credit to the person ripping if not from you

4) You may bump old threads in this board to ask for resources that are no longer available. There is no rule against necro posting in this board.

5) The icons are as follows
  • Character Pack: For Character rips including sprite sheets and archived packs
  • Character Edit: For sprite edits. Edited full characters, new animations made for existing characters even if said new animations are completely from scratch(original)
  • Scratch Character: A full character made primarily without editing a base.
  • Color Separation: Sprite packs that have been edited for the sole purpose of adding more color potential
  • Character Archive: For single threads that everyone contributes sprites toward. These threads are character and style specific. Example. A thread just to post any sprites for Ryu with Street Fighter Alpha style sprites. This would include Marvel vs sprites and anything of the sort.
  • FX: Hit sparks, fireballs, bam boom
  • Fonts: alphabets are fun for me
  • Misc: Many kinds of rips that could fit multiple categories and/or things that do not fit any category
  • Stage: Stage oriented sprites
  • Sounds: hit sounds, announcers, voices, etc
  • Music: Soundtrack rips from games, or made yourself. If the game music is being sold by the company then you cannot post it here
  • Open Projects: This is for any abandoned or full creations being given out for the sole purpose of allowing anyone to do with them as they wish.
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:27:43 pm by Just No Point
Re: Icons and Guidelines
#2  January 29, 2014, 05:55:43 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
  • Open Projects: This is for any abandoned or full creations being given out for the sole purpose of allowing anyone to do with them as they wish.
Interesting, but where's the icon?? :???: (or do we have to use the Misc icon instead??)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  January 29, 2014, 06:37:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I've uploaded them to Val's mirror server. He should hopefully upload them to here as soon as he gets on google and sees my messages.

I just added that to the guidelines early because I figured I might forget after it's already uploaded. But yeah, new Open Projects icon should be appearing anytime this week.
#4  January 31, 2014, 03:53:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Open Projects icon is live. You may now post your open source creations here using this icon.