YesNoOk

Kof Roomi by Ali CS (Read 6538 times)

Started by Duke of Corvus, September 22, 2018, 06:51:12 am
Share this topic:
Kof Roomi by Ali CS
#1  September 22, 2018, 06:51:12 am
  • For the Murder!
Not only I applied Color Separation but also optimized the palette map in the sff file

Since I don't know what version exactly I used, I'll leave the whole character
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t9k39yrace3bmzf/KofRoomi_CS.rar/file

Palette Template:

Palette Examples
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Q:Wait, KOF Roomi? Why not the original Source Accurate Roomi from Galaxy Fight?
A:Sorry my bad, when I thought about that I had already done more than half the work...
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:47:51 am by Duke of Corvus
Re: Kof Roomi by Ali CS
#2  September 22, 2018, 09:53:34 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
That's awesome man!
Thanks for sharing this amazing CS! :)

DW

#3  September 22, 2018, 03:58:39 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't think the gameplay style matters, in terms of sprites. As long as she has them all(sprites). Very nice. I'd like to ask how did you optimize the pal? I really need to learn that myself. While this is great, I think it may have been redundant...? There's a Roomi made by a author called Inverse, and I'm pretty sure she's CSd. I had her on my old PC and was gonna use her SFF. I guess it doesn't hurt to have 2?
Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:04:32 pm by DW
#4  September 22, 2018, 07:15:55 pm
  • For the Murder!
The one roomi by inverse, or at least the one I found only had some separation in the pants and sleeves I think...
As for how to optimize the pallette... It more or less goes like this:
Duplicate the main palette and force all sprites into the duplicate
Replace the main palette with the optimized one, one that only contains the color of the sprites that will receive CS. Usually 32 colors at most
Make sure 9000,0 & 9000,1 are in the optimized palette
Extract and reimport the sprites that will receive CS and force them into the main optimized palette
Save and start CS, you'll have a lot of free color cells to add more colors for the CS
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus

DW

#5  September 22, 2018, 07:39:52 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ah ok, I figured what you did was more in depth than Inverse's Roomi. Also, thanks for explaining the optimization. I don't 100% get it, though once I attempt it a few times, I should be able to get the hang of it.
#6  September 23, 2018, 02:54:56 am
  • For the Murder!