YesNoOk

Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style) (Read 20906 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, November 22, 2017, 01:24:53 am
Share this topic:
Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style)
New #1  November 22, 2017, 01:24:53 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:16:37 pm by SiL3Nt J
Re: Michael Myers Sprite Sheet (Capcom Style)
#2  November 22, 2017, 02:31:12 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Looks great
I need more PSN friends
#3  November 22, 2017, 04:07:30 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. Glad someone liked it.

EDIT

Added these Yamazaki frames as a bonus to make his CvS slash move more like his KoF one:
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:37:27 am by SiL3Nt J
#4  November 22, 2017, 04:36:24 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
needs some custom moves but looks good so far :)
#5  November 22, 2017, 12:45:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good job!
#6  November 22, 2017, 10:55:45 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dudes. As for customized moves, I was thinking he could have two more specials: A dashing uppercut similar to Balrog/M.Bison's and a damaging grapple move similar to Yamazaki's 'Bomb Bopper' where he dashes forward and then grabs the opponent with the lead arm, raises them up and stabs them.

Had these animations in mind for bases:

I'd call the dash move the "Hallow-Slash" and the grapple move the "Hallow-Stab"
#7  November 23, 2017, 04:28:25 pm
Michael Myers looks awesome.. 1 of Mike's signature moves is him sticking the knife into someone and lifting them with 1 hand

Maybe you can incorporate that

Would love to see this coded

Wouldn't even need to find voices because he doesn't talk, just breathes

Him slowly walking onto the screen and stepping on a pumpkin smashing it to the sound of his theme music can be 1 of his intros
#8  November 27, 2017, 01:55:26 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Yeah I want to add that move later.

I like the idea of having him walk out to his intro music, but I was thinking that instead of having him smash a pumpkin, he could be chasing Jaime Lee Curtis. I saw that Prime Op had made a sprite edit of her on his site (pictured on the left) and was thinking it would be pretty easy to edit Athena's running sprites (also pictured). Curtis could run onto the screen and stop and look back, and when Michael walks on the screen, she runs away, all while the Halloween music plays.

EDIT

Also the music should only cycle about 3 times, like the first 10 seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfBHEIANFSA
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:02:37 am by SiL3Nt J
#9  December 07, 2017, 06:24:32 am
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
How about giving some moves from terrordrome?
#10  December 07, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
The terrordome characters didn't really have any movesets. I saw that they gave him a move where he throws a tombstone which was cool, but I will probably leave that out because I never saw him do it in the movie. I was thinking of having some sort of theme to his moves. Like maybe making him a grappler or a charge character like they did in Capcom and SNK.
Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:58:18 pm by SiL3Nt J
#11  September 07, 2018, 06:51:26 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Major update: Improved the stance, added jumping and crouching attacks, touched up the sprites by editing the chest, ankles, shoes and wrists on most of them, and added Jaime Lee Curtis for the intro (using Prime Op / Scroll Boss's edit of her). Will explain more later, I'm tired:

Last updated 9/11/2018:

Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:59:34 am by SiL3Nt J
#12  September 07, 2018, 05:08:05 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh beef... this is going... way to good.
#13  September 07, 2018, 10:18:29 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha, thanks dude. Just finished this and added it to the sprite sheet above:

If it were up to me, I would have this done with a charge command and maybe do the same with his dashing slash special. Just give him those two specials for now. For the knife toss though, I would have the strength of the button pressed determine the angle of the projectile as opposed to the speed (Light Punch being upward, Medium punch being across, and Heavy punch being diagonally downwards).

The sprites on the bottom are his recovery sprites as he grabs a new knife.

And here are his basic attacks, will explain them below:

^
1st Row: His weak, medium and heavy standing punches. I would have the Heavy one slide forward a little bit, like Q from Third Strike.
2nd Row: His weak, medium and heavy standing kicks.
3rd Row: His jumping weak punch (left) and his jumping medium and heavy punches (right), for now.
4th Row: His jumping weak kick  (left) and his jumping medium and heavy kicks (right), again, for now.
5th Row: His crouching weak punch (left) and his crouching medium and heavy punches.
6th Row: His crouching weak, medium, and heavy kicks.

* I figured for him, they could do like Capcom did Balrog / M. Bison and recycle some of his basic attack sprites into specials. But I think he
should have really bad ass pokes. For right now, his only 2 specials are the knife toss and forward slash. For a super, I would just give him a
multi hit dashing slash move and maybe a super where he throws lots of knives? Just a thought.

Also, I saw that someone had released him for mugen. It looks good, but I would make a few changes. First here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzExQeTagA

^ For his intro, I would have him walk onto the screen as Jamie Lee Curtis runs away. For his win pose, I would have him walk off the screen like SF3 Third Strike Q does. Also, the win pose he gave him was supposed to be his turning around pose. But not bad to begin with.

Also, if you modify the feet, you can recycle this into a jumping heavy kick:

Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:14:20 am by SiL3Nt J
#14  September 08, 2018, 04:27:30 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Ha, thanks dude. Just finished this and added it to the sprite sheet above:

If it were up to me, I would have this done with a charge command and maybe do the same with his dashing slash special. Just give him those two specials for now. For the knife toss though, I would have the strength of the button pressed determine the angle of the projectile as opposed to the speed (Light Punch being upward, Medium punch being across, and Heavy punch being diagonally downwards).

The sprites on the bottom are his recovery sprites as he grabs a new knife.

And here are his basic attacks, will explain them below:

^
1st Row: His weak, medium and heavy standing punches. I would have the Heavy one slide forward a little bit, like Q from Third Strike.
2nd Row: His weak, medium and heavy standing kicks.
3rd Row: His jumping weak punch (left) and his jumping medium and heavy punches (right), for now.
4th Row: His jumping weak kick  (left) and his jumping medium and heavy kicks (right), again, for now.
5th Row: His crouching weak punch (left) and his crouching medium and heavy punches.
6th Row: His crouching weak, medium, and heavy kicks.

* I figured for him, they could do like Capcom did Balrog / M. Bison and recycle some of his basic attack sprites into specials. But I think he
should have really bad ass pokes. For right now, his only 2 specials are the knife toss and forward slash. For a super, I would just give him a
multi hit dashing slash move and maybe a super where he throws lots of knives? Just a thought.

Also, I saw that someone had released him for mugen. It looks good, but I would make a few changes. First here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzExQeTagA

^ For his intro, I would have him walk onto the screen as Jamie Lee Curtis runs away. For his win pose, I would have him walk off the screen like SF3 Third Strike Q does. Also, the win pose he gave him was supposed to be his turning around pose. But not bad to begin with.

Also, if you modify the feet, you can recycle this into a jumping heavy kick:

I am looking foward to this sprite sheets along with the Crow's.

What the?! When?! How?! RELEASE?!
#15  September 08, 2018, 05:43:36 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice proyect. Good luck.
My wish is to see it finished on October 31st.
#16  September 10, 2018, 12:41:58 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Yeah, it would be cool to see it done by October 31st. Can't wait to see the new movie. Just finished this. This may be my last update on it for a while. It is a dashing uppercut, it should function just like Balrog / M.Bison's dashing uppercut. This is his main anti air. I've added it to the sprite sheet above as well:

So let's review. This is what I would recommend for his specials / supers:

Special 1:  (Charge back, then forward + Kick) A dashing slash move similar to Yamazaki's.  It hits anywhere from 1-3 times, depending on the strength of the button pressed.

Special 2: (Charge back, then forward + Punch) Sonic boom! Michael Throws his knife at a fast speed. The strength of the button pressed determines the angle of the projectile.

Special 3: (Charge down, the up + Punch) Michael does his dashing uppercut. The strength of the button pressed determines how far he travels.

* I also want to give him a super where he dashes forward, grabs and lifts the opponent with one hand, then stabs them once. Was thinking it could either be blockable and done with a half circle command like Kyo's. Or it could just be a 360 move like Zangief's.

For his supers:

Super 1: Michael throws lots of knives at the opponent. This is similar to Mai's super where she throws the fans. Done with a double quarter circle forward command.

Super 2: Michael dashes forward and does lots of slashes. Command doesn't really matter. A double quarter circle back command would work.

* I also want to give him a super, similar to his move from Terror Dome, where he jumps into the air and grabs the opponent. Then he stabs them over and over again while holding them on the ground. Think Yamazaki's Guillotine, but instead of sliding and stomping on the ground, he holds them in place and stabs them.

Well, looking forward to the next update. Would love to see the video. Hopefully the programmer will post it here.

Also, his supers could be named after the movies: "Return of Michael," "Revenge of Michael," "Curse of Michael"

For his specials, could use names like: "Hallow-strike," "Hallow-slash," "H20 attack" "Knife Throw"

EDIT

Added a win pose, that way he doesn't have to just walk off screen. The top row are all of the sprites. The bottom is just showing you how it could work:

Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:29:33 am by SiL3Nt J
#17  September 12, 2018, 02:12:03 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ok, I lied. Here is his last special. I was debating on whether or not to give him move similar to Yamazaki's Guillotine, or to just have this move be both a special and a super. I think the special should only hit once and be really powerful, like on the level of Yamazaki's Bomb Bopper in CvS where 5 of those can kill a Ratio 2. If this were made into a super, it should hit multiple times as he stabs the opponent over and over again. Just  a thought. Added this to the sprite sheet above as well:

Also, I was thinking, now we have Michael, Eric, Ash, and Samara from the Ring for Mugen... Have any other characters been made from horror movies that are 2D? Was thinking that if we could get at least 10, we could have a decent horror fighting game. Was thinking Marvel Super Heroes but with Horror characters.  I think my next ones will be Chucky and his bride, but I'm not sure when that will happen. They would be easy though because they are small characters. After that, maybe Pinhead.

Here is what I was thinking for the roster:

Jason
Freddy
Ash
Samara
Eric
Michael
Pinhead
Leatherface
Chucky
Tiffany

^ It would resemble Street Fighter as well. Ash and Samara would be as they are. Eric would be a fast character with projectiles -- Like Benimaru with keep away skills. Michael would be the Guile / Balrog / M. Bison charge character that moves slow but hits hard and has a long lifebar. Jason and Freddy would be the Ryu and Ken of the game with Shotokan-type move commands and both would have 2 horizontal specials and a rising uppercut. Pinhead would be like a cross of Magneto and Blackheart in that he would be quick with combos but also have great keep away skills. He would also be the boss and I would try to add an 11th character so that he would be the hidden boss, was thinking they could do the roster like Virtua Fighter 2, or even have 9 characters and do it like Virtua Fighter 1, with one hidden boss and 8 playable characters.  Leatherface would be like the Zangief of the game with a spinning chainsaw move (From his Mortal Kombat appearance) and some grapples involving the chainsaw. Chucky and Tiffany would be the little fast characters, maybe would play similar to Ibuki.

Characters I would NOT include:

Ghostface - Story wise he doesn't stand a chance against any of the other characters and most of his moves would involve knife attacks, and we already have Michael for that.
Carrie - Again, most of her moves would involve knife attacks. Also, she would be in a white dress and Samara already has that and she's already been made.
Pumpkinhead - It would be cool, but he would be too hard to animate and would involve lots of scratch spriting.
Selene - From underworld. Again, she would be cool, but probably too similar to Eric because of the use of guns. I would rather have Eric than her.

Characters I would want to include:

Elvira - With bounciness rivaling Psylocke / Mai. She could work. Watched her movie today and she has moves she could use. She would also be a good female character. She could even be a sub boss to Pinhead. I would use Morrigan to edit her.
Shira - The vampire woman. She would be another female character to add to the roster and her sword would be cool. Also she is sort of unknown so it would be good to have a lesser known character.
Pennywise - The clown from IT. Prime Op did an awesome edit of him and I think he would fit nicely. Also, we would need a Stephen King representative. The ballons would be fun to use too.

Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:57:20 pm by SiL3Nt J
#18  September 12, 2018, 04:56:56 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Found these on Spriter's resource last night. Figured the knife on the ground could be used for the knife toss when it is blocked. Might go back and add these later. Idk. They aren't really essential, they are just the icing on the cake. Also, I saw that someone made him run in the videos, so I won't waste time with that. These are just more damage sprites, the crouching turn around and the forward and backward dash:

#19  October 03, 2018, 06:32:48 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Had to do a quick touch up. Wasn't happy with this one. Top is before, bottom is after:

#20  October 13, 2018, 03:10:14 am
    • Canada
Michael with updated sprites is almost ready to play. I also am doing a minor color separation on him so he can have palettes (about 50% complete color separation).

This latest video shows the new intro and the winpose by SiL3Nt J already in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LR5X5UQQ40

I will be adding/changing all the newer moves as well. Happy Halloween ;)
#21  October 13, 2018, 05:28:28 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Haha, cool man. Looking forward to seeing the new moves :-)
#22  October 19, 2018, 07:25:10 am
    • Canada
You asked about someone making him. Maybe you can use this for your project...

Jason Voohrees by Chuchoryu :D  Coming to a mugen near you soon ;)

Update:
Carnage777 is making freddy over at MMV

@SiL3Nt J You should pop by there sometime. I can't PM you yet here :(
Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:15:28 am by that.guy
#23  October 30, 2018, 10:24:13 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha, well thanks man. Look forward to seeing Jason. Might want to make him a little taller though. This was the one I was referring to, by Sean Alty:

But I think I'm done posting on here. That incident on the Requests bored kind of pissed me off. Don't have time for that crap. I just opened up an account on Spriter's Resource though. Maybe message me on there if you have an account. Freddy is looking good so far. I always thought they should be like the Ryu and Ken of that game --- kind of like Captain America and the way he had 3 specials (A "hadouken" a "shoryuken" and a "tastumaki") with shotokan type move commands. Jason's hadouken move would be one where he throws an axe, Freddy's would be where he shoots a claw at you by stretching his arm. They would both have a shoryuken type move where they do some sort of slashing uppercut. And the would both have a tastumaki type move where they dash and slash. Jason would be the slower but stronger. Freddy would be the faster but weaker.

Btw check out the latest update on Pinhead:  https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-34553.html

Peace out.