YesNoOk

"cant load 1.act" (Read 3022 times)

Started by sai_was_here, May 23, 2008, 09:13:20 am
Share this topic:
"cant load 1.act"
#1  May 23, 2008, 09:13:20 am
for a few of my characters my mugen gives me this message

"cant load 1.act"

i feel like i should know what to do, but i dont, so what should i do?
Re: "cant load 1.act"
#2  May 23, 2008, 02:55:26 pm
Check if you char has a palette called 1.act in his Palettes directory, if not, erase the line with "1.act" in it from his .def file.
Wonder how it came there anyway  ???
#3  May 25, 2008, 05:19:53 am
when i did that it said the same thing but for 2.act.

what can i do? for iceman i just replaced him,but i have a MvC2 anakaris that ive been wanting for a really long time and i cant make it work. in fact the only anakaris i got to work was from vampire savior which is a completely different character. (i tried using kong's and it different work) so if i cant fix it can anyone pleeeeeeeease give me a working mvC2 style anakaris?

email saisai90@cinci.rr.com (dont ask why the name sounds so friggin gay)
#4  May 27, 2008, 09:29:02 am
  • Remeber life is short. Live it well.
Did you read if there were any errors in the constants? Most errors related to mugen characters can be easily fixed by a slight twitch.

Underneath the file that is causing an error if it is a malformed expression in the constants, typo, mistype, forgot to type it will say where the error is. Did you read your Mugen Error screen completely so you could confrim where the error was? Also, did it crash while loading the data on the title screen or loading character data at the character selection screen? What you are saying is pretty vague and needs more explanation. People aren't clairvoyant you know.

Kyou: "Sunohara, I'm going to kick your ass. You stole my piggy!!!"
Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:33:46 am by Lezard Valeth
#5  May 29, 2008, 10:46:49 pm
...okay.
mugen shuts down and gives me this error message at the versus screen

Error message: cant load 1.act
error loading chars/MvC2 anakaris/MvC2 anakaris.def
error loading p1

same thing goes for a few other chars where i get the same error message but the name is different.
#6  May 29, 2008, 10:48:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Go to that folder, open the mvc2omega_red.def and replace 1.act by one of the other fields ending in act.
#7  May 29, 2008, 11:05:12 pm
i tried that but no matter what i replace it with it gives me the same message but with a different number in front of the .act

so if i try to use 4.act it says

Error message: cant load 4.act
error loading chars/MvC2 anakaris/MvC2 anakaris.def
error loading p1
#8  May 29, 2008, 11:06:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
check if there are any act files on the folder, if there arent you cant use the character, if there are, copy the name of them into that line.
New #9  June 04, 2008, 12:52:26 am
  • Remeber life is short. Live it well.
First before I even get started with my advice, do as Iced said. Go into your character's file and look for the act files and make sure they are present. Also, make sure there is an "sff" file since this is what holds all your sprites for your air files. If the sff file isn't loading properly then that means the sprites are corrupted and there is basically nothing you can do about that. If you have sprites, but no animations, that means there is flaws in your air file or it is corrupted. If both are fine and you have act files, then this next tip should work.

I've had a similiar problem like this with Konata by Yogoreneko. Anyway try this, load up the character onto Fighter Factory and under the tab Definitions, resave to the definitions file the act that is causing the problem. Do this by loading the act file and then simply clicking save. How to do this is look toward the right when you are in the Definitions tab and you will see a "Color Palettes tab." Under that tab, toward the top, click load, then load the act file causing the problem, after so, resave that act file. If other act files are causing the same problem then you will need to do this as well to them. Also sometimes it works if you resave the air files.

I had the can't load act problem with Konata, but basically by resaving the act/air/sff files after making changes to the names of the act files since they were in Japanese symbols I was able to get Konata to work. Also had this problem with Shana, but all I had to do with her was rename the act files and make the changes in the defintions file and she works fine now.

Another way this can oftenly be caused by is a file name that is incorrect or is foreignly written. Japanese symbols will not read on Fighter Factory or Mugen unless you have a version that can decipher them. Basically, just rename the act files and make sure you make those changes in the definitions file too if that is the problem.

Kyou: "Sunohara, I'm going to kick your ass. You stole my piggy!!!"
Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:00:22 am by Lezard Valeth