YesNoOk

How do I rip off Shorthops and Melee Fox's Blaster so accurately I can SHFFL? (Read 2251 times)

Started by Mimikyutest77, November 15, 2019, 05:22:57 am
Share this topic:
How do I rip off Shorthops and Melee Fox's Blaster so accurately I can SHFFL?
#1  November 15, 2019, 05:22:57 am
    • UK
How do I rip off the Neutral B Blaster move of Fox from Smash Bros Melee in a way that allows for shorthop lasers, shorthop double lasers, shorthop fastfall lasers, grounded spammable lasers(so you could spam lasers at someone walking to you), and other Fox Laser stuff?

Also, Smash characters can Shorthop if you tap up/jump and perform a higher Fullhop if you hold up/jump. And in the air pressing down makes them start Fastfalling. Hpw do I rip these gimmicks off?

As for the fired lasers themselves... since "Percents" aren't a thing in Mugen, would it be more balanced if the lasers had the damage and hitstun of the average DBFZ ki attack button? Like Goku's.
Re: How do I rip off Shorthops and Melee Fox's Blaster so accurately I can SHFFL?
#2  November 15, 2019, 06:35:52 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 You can't really have an attack that inflicts damage without hitstun unless you use the reversaldef glitch, which considering your coding skill level, may be a little too complex for you to attempt atm.

Short hopping should be easier, set a command for tapping up (as opposed to holding up) and use that to send your character to an alternative jump start state that is identical to the normal jump start state, except it has less vertical velocity.
Re: How do I rip off Shorthops and Melee Fox's Blaster so accurately I can SHFFL?
#3  November 15, 2019, 01:00:06 pm
    • UK
You can't really have an attack that inflicts damage without hitstun unless you use the reversaldef glitch, which considering your coding skill level, may be a little too complex for you to attempt atm.

Short hopping should be easier, set a command for tapping up (as opposed to holding up) and use that to send your character to an alternative jump start state that is identical to the normal jump start state, except it has less vertical velocity.

I think I've figured out how to Fastfall in the air but how do I add a Tapping Up command? I know where it should go but what code does that use?
#4  November 15, 2019, 04:09:06 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
you'll need to override state 40
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  November 16, 2019, 02:08:20 am
    • UK
you'll need to override state 40

That's right, but with what? Code that gives me extra vertical momentum during the rising parts of my jump if Up remains held down for the first few frames of my jump?
#6  November 16, 2019, 12:02:16 pm
    • UK
Did I guess the correct answer?

Also how do I Fox laser?
#7  November 16, 2019, 12:06:22 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#8  November 16, 2019, 03:27:42 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
If you have an idea of a solution in your head, why not actually try coding it and testing for results rather than just bumping your own post waiting for the answer?

If it isn't clear, do not bump your own threads like this.
#9  November 18, 2019, 02:18:28 am
    • UK
It's not the Reversaldef thing, the lasers can have 2 frames of hitstun. It's the rapid-firing and repeatable thing on ground and in air I don't know how to copy.

I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. I've run out of questions now, this is my last one. After this my character should be ready, with just the proper spriting left to do then I can upload it.
#10  November 23, 2019, 04:23:23 pm
    • UK
It's working, just backwards. I put the code in -3 State 41, and...

When I hold up to jump, I shorthop far lower than I normally jump. When I tap up to jump, I rise to my normal jump height. Also if I hold up during the Intro Animation or long moves, my character falls down through the floor for no apparent reason.

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; States that are executed when in self's state file (use statedef -3)
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Statedef -3]

;This controller plays a sound everytime KFM lands from a jump, or
;from his back-dash.
[State -3, Landing Sound]
type = PlaySnd
triggerall = Time = 1
trigger1 = stateno = 52 ;Jump land
trigger2 = stateno = 106 ;Run-back land
value = 40, 0

[State 41, VelAdd]
type = VelAdd