YesNoOk

Es...Alter? (MBAC style) released (30.09.2018, updated 14.10.2018) (Read 16630 times)

Started by Susanoo-no-Mikoto, September 30, 2018, 06:15:09 pm
Share this topic:
Es...Alter? (MBAC style) released (30.09.2018, updated 14.10.2018)
#1  September 30, 2018, 06:15:09 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!

...This character...For some context, I have been trying some things out with the MBAC style long time ago (before I even started working on Susano'o in this style) and this was the result. I did not try to make her accurate to the source since that wasn't my intention during her development and she is using Mu-12's voice instead of her own. I am uploading this because it is not bad enough for it to collect dust on my PC. By default, she uses a custom recolor, but her portraits have not been recolored. I tried fixing whatever I could find at first glance here, but I didn't fix any balancing issues. The name was chosen more as a joke than anything.
If you are looking for MUGENized Es, then this is not the character you want. This isn't one of those overpowered edits eiher although she does have balancing problems, that is something I am sure of.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xzk1hfgd4n4cpr/Es.rar?dl=0 (if you cannot open the archive, update your WinRar)
Patch 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf0vwwjiu3xpjfs/Es%20patch%2014%2010%202018.rar?dl=0

Commands:

D, DF, F+A/B = Type: Shooter "Breunor"

D, DF, F+C = Type: Shooter "Palamedes"

D, DB, B+A/B/C = Type: Slasher "Griflet"

D, D+A/B/C = Type: Assaulter "Erec"

D, DB, B+A/B/C (air) = Type: Slasher "Gawain"

D, D+A/B/C (air) = Type: Assaulter "Tristan"

F, D, DF+A/B/C = Type: Slasher "Mordred"

F, DF, D, DB, B, F+C = Type: Slasher "Galahad" (Arc Drive)

Last Arc = Type: Exterminator "Artorius"

Note: I'm using Es' original move names, but this character's attacks don't work the same way. Some moves are almost completely different.

To do:

-Replace her voice?

-Fix whatever is found

Credits:

-⑨ for the character used as a base

-Seraphs Ares (Mugen Guild) for ripping Mu-12i's English CP voice

-rNNN_ (dustloop) for ripping Es' sprites
Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:58:28 am by Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Re: Es...Alter? (MBAC style) released (30.09.2018)
#2  September 30, 2018, 07:14:53 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Well. I guess I have to wait again for your REAL Es in MB style.
But great job anyway.
This is fate.
#3  September 30, 2018, 08:05:29 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'll give this one a try anyway until I wait for the real deal to be released. Es is my favorite BlazBlue character, so, I anticipate the proper one in the future if OHMBY doesn't make one himself.
#4  September 30, 2018, 10:46:49 pm
    • Chile

Hey, I have the audios of ES of Central Fiction, if you want I'll pass them to you, but the ripping is not mine, then I'll tell you the name of the creator, right?

I am sorry for my bad english
#5  September 30, 2018, 10:58:15 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!

Hey, I have the audios of ES of Central Fiction, if you want I'll pass them to you, but the ripping is not mine, then I'll tell you the name of the creator, right?

I am sorry for my bad english

Thanks, but I already have the audio I need and then some. I simply need to replace everything, but that takes some time.
#6  October 01, 2018, 12:13:34 am
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com
cant open the rar file, keeps giving me an error message saying its either unknown format or damaged. I checked to see if it was my winrar but it is working just fine.  I think you might need to re upload it. Or add another download source like media fire
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#7  October 01, 2018, 12:22:26 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
cant open the rar file, keeps giving me an error message saying its either unknown format or damaged. I checked to see if it was my winrar but it is working just fine.  I think you might need to re upload it. Or add another download source like media fire

Ah, you need to update your winrar. Archives packed using the later versions of it cannot be used in previous versions. If you are worried about the free trial expiring, that has not been fixed after all this time.
#8  October 01, 2018, 01:19:43 am
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com

Ah, you need to update your winrar. Archives packed using the later versions of it cannot be used in previous versions. If you are worried about the free trial expiring, that has not been fixed after all this time.

ah, thanks. btw what is the input for her last arc it does not show up in the cmd file
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#9  October 01, 2018, 01:31:50 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
ah, thanks. btw what is the input for her last arc it does not show up in the cmd file
To use Last Arc, you need to parry an attack in Blood Heat mode with perfect timing (i.e. if you hold X or Z, you won't get anything). To enter Blood Heat mode, you need to have full meter (the bar at the bottom will have the numbers replaced by MAX when that happens) then press X. You have a limited time to do so.
#10  October 01, 2018, 01:36:01 am
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com
To use Last Arc, you need to parry an attack in Blood Heat mode with perfect timing (i.e. if you hold X or Z, you won't get anything). To enter Blood Heat mode, you need to have full meter (the bar at the bottom will have the numbers replaced by MAX when that happens) then press X. You have a limited time to do so.

ah ok, I got it, just getting good air combos with her is tricky. especially if you dont have them against a wall, her dust attack knocks them back so far xD
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#11  October 01, 2018, 02:34:49 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
i don't know where i'm download   and.. '' the archive is either in unknown format or damaged '' :(

As I have already said before, update your WinRar to the latest version.

I should put a warning to make sure the whole thread isn't full of these.
#12  October 01, 2018, 02:55:16 am
    • UK
#13  October 01, 2018, 08:37:05 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
better wait for the real basic ES. she's my favorite girl though~
#14  October 01, 2018, 09:29:29 pm
    • USA
Is it possible to create a Japanese voice patch for this character?
#15  October 01, 2018, 09:31:46 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
#16  October 01, 2018, 10:03:00 pm
Why is her last-arc an instant kill?
#17  October 01, 2018, 10:05:32 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Why is her last-arc an instant kill?

I forgot to fix that. I will have to change some things like having the screen shatter without the prolonged white flash or the floating shards at the end in addition to leaving the enemy alive unless their health is low enough.
I have also noticed that blockstun for the enemy is too high (86 frames) on 5B for some reasons.
#18  October 02, 2018, 01:59:49 pm
    • USA
#19  October 02, 2018, 10:06:01 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Noticed that Es Alter's medium standing attack is so ridiculously safe on block that it borderlines into an infinite blockstring. It ends up as high as +2 frames on block.

Also, damage scaling is pretty wonky; Supers themselves overscale and normals tend to almost underscale.

Hitboxes are Xbox huge in terms of infinite priority. I wouldn't mind the huge hitboxes if the hurtboxes are big enough to compensate (like making the hurtboxes half the size of the hitboxes for weapon based attacks). I know BlazBlue has terrible hitboxes in the source, but there's no reason not to fix goof-ups from a source game in MUGEN.

Lastly, her controls could be loosened up a little. Her grabs and attack chains feel somewhat unresponsive.

Those could actually be notes to use for the real Es since I am aware this character is an incomplete proof of concept anyway.
#20  October 02, 2018, 11:49:55 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Noticed that Es Alter's medium standing attack is so ridiculously safe on block that it borderlines into an infinite blockstring. It ends up as high as +2 frames on block.

Also, damage scaling is pretty wonky; Supers themselves overscale and normals tend to almost underscale.

Hitboxes are Xbox huge in terms of infinite priority. I wouldn't mind the huge hitboxes if the hurtboxes are big enough to compensate (like making the hurtboxes half the size of the hitboxes for weapon based attacks). I know BlazBlue has terrible hitboxes in the source, but there's no reason not to fix goof-ups from a source game in MUGEN.

Lastly, her controls could be loosened up a little. Her grabs and attack chains feel somewhat unresponsive.

Those could actually be notes to use for the real Es since I am aware this character is an incomplete proof of concept anyway.

5B has such blockstun because of an oversight. It originally was 8 before I tried to increase it to 16, but somehow it ended up being 86 for the opponent.

I could not get MBAC damage scaling right during the development. I do no't think I understand it even now. I will try to fix this for all of my characters.

I was making the hurtboxes with Es' body in mind (in other words, I was only making sure that there's a hurtbox covering at least most of her). That might have been the problem considering how huge her sword is in comparison. Her hurtboxes are actually extended in BBCF. For a comparison:

I think I had the same issue with other characters.

I will certainly keep this in mind for real Es if I ever get to work on her.