Fate/Grand Order (Read 2254506 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#3201  September 02, 2018, 07:33:30 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
After being able to finally play FGO... I just got Medea Lily, Medb and Jack the Ripper in less than a week... is this considered a good start? <.<;
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#3202  September 02, 2018, 07:41:58 am
her usefulness is very niche.

and i got 3 astolfo... wtf dw he's not even his rate up!!

yeah ruine you got a very good assassin probably the best assassin in the game , she can turn any enemy to crit stars honestly if you have her you don't need any star gen servants , been rolling for her since december and i still doesn't have her.

medea lily is very useful she saved my ass countless times especially in raids max her skills they are all very useful, there are only two true support servants in the game it's medea lily and iri .

medb is only good at certain enemies , but for now she's a good combi with your jack.
Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:23:59 pm by 地獄の花
#3203  September 02, 2018, 07:42:08 am
  • The Goddess Returns
that method didn't worked for me.... i have more luck in single rolls.

and why do you want medb? you're the only person i know who wants her.
As Speedpreacher basically puts out, Medb is basically a Support Rider that can do stupid damage against Males after her Strengthening to her NP(otherwise she does good damage against Males) and with her Charisma buff, can also buff Males with double ATK buffs.

She can also keep herself alive and honestly has one of the more sicker animation updates(Yeah some of it is a joke like Medb Beam but it's one of the rare animation updates that surprisingly shows off her Agility). And again, she gains a pretty nice costume with the next year Summer Event.

So I can understand why people don't like her(mainly gameplay) but it's not like she's shit, she's just in a category that's primarily strong damage dealers and crit users.

After being able to finally play FGO... I just got Medea Lily, Medb and Jack the Ripper in less than a week... is this considered a good start? <.<;

You really asking that? One of 2 dedicated healers, A strong Support Rider with a Male Niche and the best Assassin barring King Hassan(or First Hassan)? That's damn good.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#3204  September 02, 2018, 10:25:08 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
The thing with Medb is that her niche is incredibly narrow compared to others with a similar niche like Orion, Euryale, and Tama Lancer since male Casters are few and far between. Even against male Berserkers (or male characters in general), Medb still loses out in damage since she has incredibly low Atk for a 5* even after class modifiers for Orion and Tama Lancer. Hell even Euralye can out damage her since at NP5 her NP damage modifier post-interlude goes from 1200% to 3000% when faced against a male opponent while Medb needs to be at NP5 overcharge 500% pre-interulde or NP3 overcharge 400% post-interlude to break even.

Long story short: Unless it's a male Caster, Medb will almost always deal less damage than those who have a similar niche against male enemies.
Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:40:01 am by Magical Amber
#3205  September 02, 2018, 12:29:02 pm
and she's a thot.

euryale is more than enough against male enemies , and you don't need to spend money on her. i one shot onigashima oni's with just using level 70 euryale.

but if you're in to basic bitches like medb there's nothing wrong with that.
#3206  September 02, 2018, 01:47:52 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Also if anyone cares, Nero Fest rerun starts on September 13th with Nero Bride banner. I've never experienced Nero Fest since I skipped it when I first started playing so this will be a first for me.
#3207  September 02, 2018, 02:53:00 pm
me too, i joined about a week after nero fest. i'm gonna skip the 2 upcoming banners , i've got too many sabers in my line up anyway i'm aiming jalter banner.
#3208  September 02, 2018, 05:50:59 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I remember getting my Nero with the first ticket pull from Nerofest '17. Maybe i'll drop another ticket for the occasion.
#3209  September 02, 2018, 07:32:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The others have said it, but I want to summarize it in my own way.
Medea Lily is one of two of the closest things to a dedicated healer(The other being Irisviel who is Event locked and said event won't get a rerun for at least 2 years). As such, she helps in keeping your actual damage dealer(s) alive longer in exchange for having abysmal attack herself.
Jack is one of the best assassin servants in the game. Very strong and one of the best star generators so your team will be getting crits more often.
Medb has the niche of being great when surrounded by men (Buffing yours and doing extra damage to enemy males), but that's about it and there are others who can do Anti-Male better. THAT SAID, Medb is still a 5* and low atk for a 5* is still fairly high, so she's worth raising on just her 5* stats alone.

Pulling two 5* servants is really good especially considering the abysmal 1% chance of getting just one.

Also, I wouldn't ignore your 1-3*s because there are some real winners there. Definitely raise Hans, he's a really good support servant and he's only 2*s.

I don't know what everyone's current friend situation is, but I think I can make room for you.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:27:35 am by Darkflare
#3210  September 02, 2018, 11:15:58 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
The thing with Medb is that her niche is incredibly narrow compared to others with a similar niche like Orion, Euryale, and Tama Lancer since male Casters are few and far between. Even against male Berserkers (or male characters in general), Medb still loses out in damage since she has incredibly low Atk for a 5* even after class modifiers for Orion and Tama Lancer. Hell even Euralye can out damage her since at NP5 her NP damage modifier post-interlude goes from 1200% to 3000% when faced against a male opponent while Medb needs to be at NP5 overcharge 500% pre-interulde or NP3 overcharge 400% post-interlude to break even.

Long story short: Unless it's a male Caster, Medb will almost always deal less damage than those who have a similar niche against male enemies.

Euryale, you say?

She was also among those I pulled.

The others have said it, but I want to summarize it in my own way.
Medea Lily is one of two of the closest things to a dedicated healer(The other being Irisviel who is Event locked and said event won't get a rerun for at least 2 years). As such, she helps in keeping your actual damage dealer(s) alive longer in exchange for having abysmal attack herself.
Jack is one of the best assassin servants in the game. Very strong and one of the best star generators so your team will be getting crits more often.
Medb has the niche of being great when surrounded by men (Buffing yours and doing extra damage to enemy males), but that's about it and there are others who can do Anti-Male better. THAT SAID, Medb is still a 5* and low atk for a 5* is still fairly high, so she's worth raising on just her 5* stats alone.

Pulling two 5* servants is really good especially considering the abysmal 1% chance of getting just one.

Also, I wouldn't ignore your 1-3*s because there are some real winners there. Definitely raise Hans, he's a really good support servant and he's only 2*s.

I don't know ehat everyone's current friend situation is, but I think I can make room for you.

When I get Hans, I'll take what you said into consideration. Will pitch my ID as soon as I'm on Discord.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#3211  September 02, 2018, 11:44:32 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
You need NP5 Euryale for her to get good and on top of that, she still has low health and needs a Charmlock team to be able to stay alive adequately.

Alot of people over-rate Euryale as she is a Male Killer... but her stats make her squishier than you think.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#3212  September 03, 2018, 12:33:21 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
The reason why Euryale rates high as a great male-killer is because she has the highest modifier for bonus damage against males out of all them. Also unlike Tama Lancer and Medb who needs to increase their overcharge level to increase their bonus damage (Orion's bonus damage against males is tied to her skill which drops her consistency greatly), Euryale's modifier actually increases as her NP level does (while her base damage modifier remains the same).
#3213  September 03, 2018, 07:17:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The reason why Euryale rates high as a great male-killer is because she has the highest modifier for bonus damage against males out of all them. Also unlike Tama Lancer and Medb who needs to increase their overcharge level to increase their bonus damage (Orion's bonus damage against males is tied to her skill which drops her consistency greatly), Euryale's modifier actually increases as her NP level does (while her base damage modifier remains the same).

Um yeah, I wasn't trying to take that away from Euryale at all...
I was saying for all of that power, she's squishy like a motherfucker and can be killed pretty easily even by Sabers if she's on the wrong end of an NP(she can reduce NP gauge but she still needs someone to protect her in case her Charm can't get off in time).

So she definitely has more power than most... but it doesn't matter if you are pretty squishy which works against her as well.

#3214  September 03, 2018, 08:13:07 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
HP is probably the most useless stat in the game as many enemies can down your servants with a few attacks without class advantage. Even with class advantage enemy NPs will decimate your servants due to how low playable Servant's HP are and being tanky in this game goes way more than just having a lot of HP. It involves having hard survivability skills like guts, evade, invulnerability, etc. So while Medb can obviously take more hits than Euryale because of her higher HP pool and healing through her Golden Rule (Body) skill, it doesn't mean anything if she can't survive an enemy NP that can easily hit in the tens of thousands of damage. This applies to every Servant and not just those two.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:32:27 pm by Magical Amber
#3215  September 03, 2018, 11:09:05 am
medb sucked 32 dicks in her life time probably more , while euryale is pure and innocent ...sorta , end of discussion.
#3216  September 03, 2018, 08:00:14 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
HP is probably the most useless stat in the game as many enemies can down your servants with a few attacks without class advantage. Even with class advantage enemy NPs will decimate your servants due to how low playable Servant's HP are and being tanky in this game goes way more than just having a lot of HP. It involves having hard survivability skills like guts, evade, invulnerability, etc. So while Medb can obviously take more hits than Euryale because of her higher HP pool and healing through her Golden Rule (Body) skill, it doesn't mean anything if she can't survive an enemy NP that can easily hit in the tens of thousands of damage. This applies to every Servant and not just those two.

HP isn't exactly a useless stat as you figure it is(especially since again that part would only apply to certain enemies, bosses and otherwise without class advantage) and it still wouldn't help your case either since Euryale ultimately has far, far less HP than Medb has on average without CE and/or grail support.

And you missed my point about getting wiped out by an NP as I meant that even for Euryale who has class advantage against certain Servants and even if she has a good buff on her compared to Medb.
I'm not exactly trying to take away your points, just pointing out that Euryale isn't exactly the best Anti-Male servant outside of her NP and Charmlock when she can still be taken out relatively easily compared to her competition(sometimes damage isn't everything).

And I say that because I practically do have all the Anti-Male Servants now(Euryale, Orion, Tamamo Lancer and now Medb).

medb sucked 32 dicks in her life time probably more , while euryale is pure and innocent ...sorta , end of discussion.

Stheno... pure and innocent. That's a damn laugh to be had.

#3217  September 03, 2018, 11:23:03 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The game is heavily lopsided towards killing stuff quickly, and Euryale excels at that. Another thing that tips the scale against bulkier servants is that since you're not using 1 servant but 3 at once, it's much easier to cover up a glass canon's weaknesses with other supportive units (Tamamo, Mashu, etc) than doing so for a servant with awkward stats and skills like Medb.
#3218  September 04, 2018, 11:57:14 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
NA: Half-AP Interludes starting tomorrow as well as the daily Class based Summoning Banner.

JP: Fate/Accel Zero Order rerun with 4* Saber Diarmuid. Iskander also getting an animation update.

Saber Diarmuid NP Omnislash Moralltach
#3219  September 04, 2018, 01:26:57 pm
i prefer his lancer look. he looks simple and slicker.
#3220  September 06, 2018, 06:54:02 am
  • Aspiring Little Demon
  • "Where hast I landed? Its so lowlyy"
    • USA
Pulled Saber Diarmuid in JP in only a couple rolls. Why couldn't I have this luck for Fujinon when KnK was being rerun.

Anyone who wants to friend me in JP my Id is 200,898,068 full buster meme on my supports right now untill I swap a few during the F/Z rerun

In NA though I can't believe I sped through the Gentlemen and Testament in under a couple hours...granted it was through the help of a Friend's Maximum Overdrive Medb but still. (If I had more time I could've cleared the last couple missions to unlock the Ilya Family battle but I got at least one Lore out of it so oh well)

Anyone who wants to add me in NA my ID is 439,735,622 main notables being my Summer Tama that I practically spilled everything on getting during summer, and my Mordred that spooked me during the KnK banner for Void Shiki.