YesNoOk

BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY! (Read 74844 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, March 15, 2017, 03:49:20 pm
Share this topic:
BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY!
#1  March 15, 2017, 03:49:20 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Once again guys, my apologies for what happend in the old thread and about the Sakura thing please, we need to keep focused in the CotM.

ICED EDIT: this is a derail that happened on the thread and which I separated here in case anyone want to argue it without derailing from the winner of COTM
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:22:48 am by 【MFG】gui0007
Re: BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY!
#2  March 18, 2017, 06:14:46 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Hi guys, I want to clarify the things that happened with Sakura, first I don't know what did aumunio. About the situation of Vega, I don't will lie was the two reasons that them said one for I wanted to win the cotm one time and the second for motivation to make him, new version full pots, the version of the videos was an edit that made a long time ago based on the old pots style, I meant a make a new Vega from cero, with many modes, cage, claw, mask, no claw, no mask, no mask and claw, etc. Considering that would be much work. I guess that aumunio taked very seriously this cituation.
Sorry for all inconveniences. I decided to decline my participation on the cotm, I don't want to be considered a villian anymore, anyway thanks for the support that the people that liked my char and even the people that only wanted Vega.
And I want tell a reflexion that I wanted tell when I won the cotm but it doesn't matter now, I will tell, usually I seen that the people vote for the famous authors just because known the author, even when the new people made good chars, but are unknown, even are more exigent with the new guys than the famous authors, I mean a new guy ask for many things like AI, when actually some famous authors don't have AI on his chars and they won the cotm, and even conditional a vote for the cotm if you add this I vote for you, also I consider unfair that someone that won the cotm can won again the cotm, because is depriving to more users to win and earn motivation to release more things, and be honest some guys want win. So give a oportunity to other guys not always the famous authors, I see good chars made by Sennou-Room, and even the new guy Falcon Rapper, etc. (Even if they hate me I don't have a grudge). So If is possible change the votes, change the votes for me to a someone else guys I hope consider the reflexion.
Also I hope don't judge if not know the cituation in a future not just for me, not all is white and not all is black, I feel dissapointed to see the people that only judge if not know all history and only want to find a guilty or say shit of him.
And for believe that I'm saying the true, here is my vote:

In a future I will make my website to put my chars first, and if have good reception maybe I could release on the forums.
Good luck to every one, now can close the pandora box of this, is not necesarily continue talking of this.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#3  March 18, 2017, 06:24:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Poll isn't getting changed again. Accept what comes, whatever it may be, live with it and grow from it.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  March 18, 2017, 07:27:43 am
  • Niigasan
See i told yall!!! He was just doin it for motivation. And i agree with tje people only vote for popular authors. Just continue tl work on your stuff man. Your characters are great.
#5  March 18, 2017, 07:48:13 am
Thanks varo yet another reason to view a whole situation before judging. Good luck with your next project. Now onto the votes yet again.(hopefully with no more derailments.)

#6  March 18, 2017, 01:35:58 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
@Varo
You stay, staff decided and solved the situation already.
Even though i didn't like the way you promote your Sakura Varo, i understand you.
Thanks for clarify the whole thing and geez, it's not the first time that Aumio taking a situation in a very serious way.
Hope that the things stay good for now.
#7  March 19, 2017, 12:07:36 am
  • É nóis! :D
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenFDR/
... I see good chars made by Sennou-Room, and even the new guy Falcon Rapper, etc. (Even if they hate me I don't have a grudge). So If is possible change the votes, change the votes for me to a someone else guys I hope consider the reflexion...

I have no reason to hate you, thanks for voting and regardless of whether or not I ask, cast your Vega, mugen needs more chars in the POTS style, forget COTM, COTY or those insignificant things, the best chars creator of all Times has never had this and is copied to this day (at least in the photo of Mr. Phantom of the Server, I do not see this insignificant green trophy). Think yes, you will do what no one had the courage to do, a Vega with claw, mask, grid wall, in POTS STYLE, this is what should motivate you, at least that is what motivates me (In my case, try to convert sprites from chars from KOF to CVS, in order to launch them, try to do what was not done, or then do it my way), do nothing to please others, but to be good with yourself. :)

IN PORTUGUESE (I use google translator, I don't speak english)

Não tenho razões para odiar você, obrigado pelo voto e independente de vencer ou não eu peço, lance o seu Vega, o mugen precisa de mais chars no estilo POTS, esqueça COTM, COTY ou essas baboseiras, um dos melhores criadores de chars de todos os tempos nunca teve isso e é copiado até hoje (pelo menos na foto de Mr. Phantom of the Server, não vejo esse troféu verde insignificante). Pense sim, que você fará o que ninguém teve coragem de fazer, um Vega com garra, máscara, parede de grade, isso é o que deve motivar você, pelo menos é o que me motiva (no meu caso, tentar converter sprites de chars da KOF para CVS, para assim lançá-los), tentar fazer o que não foi feito, ou então fazê-lo de meu modo, não faça nada para agradar os outros, mas sim para estar bem consigo mesmo.
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:17:02 am by Falcon Rapper

DW

#8  March 19, 2017, 12:21:53 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright, so like a day or so ago I dropped in and saw the stuff that was going on with the CotM "bribe"/scandal, so to speak. I was gonna let it die, not say anything about it. Then I saw this:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And it all came falling down. Idk where else to put this, but I'm sorry, I have to say what's on my mind about this. There's so much sneak dissing going in this it's pathetic. I'm gonna keep it short though. And I want @varo_hades: to see it.

I honestly never paid you much mind before all this. I gave you feedback once on the Blanka you made, you took none of it into consideration, and then "quit" for a few months. You like to keep throwing out "PotS" this and that every time you edit or release something. I'm not even gonna get into all that. You say you had nothing to do with that Aumio guy trying to register multiple accounts and promote "your" Sakura so you could win. I don't believe you. Though you don't need to prove anything to me, and no sense wasting anytime bothering with it either. You won't change my mind. You try to bribe people into voting for your char, by saying you'll make another if you win, pretty much speaks for itself.

It's not like winning is even a big deal, and you try to play it down like it's not, even vote against your own char. Though if it wasn't a big deal, then why go through all the trouble you initially did? Why try and bribe people to vote for you? I've NEVER seen anyone blatantly try to promote their stuff like you've recently done. Then you say it's unfair if a person can win multiple times? Or an author is "famous" that's why they win? Nice passive aggressive crybaby tactic. Anybody who has won CotM/CotY/SotM/SotY earned that accomplishment. No one is trying to take anything away from anyone else who were in the runnings, whether they win or not. You can try to rationalize it all you want, with your "reflexion"(reflection). What are you reflecting on? Sounds like a bunch of salt to me.

Everyone has an opportunity. That's why nominations and voting is put in place, in the first place. Not just "famous" guys. I could go into a lot more, but why bother. I think I've covered enough for now. You're a crybaby and there's no hiding it now.
#9  March 19, 2017, 03:17:43 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
... I see good chars made by Sennou-Room, and even the new guy Falcon Rapper, etc. (Even if they hate me I don't have a grudge). So If is possible change the votes, change the votes for me to a someone else guys I hope consider the reflexion...

I have no reason to hate you, thanks for voting and regardless of whether or not I ask, cast your Vega, mugen needs more chars in the POTS style, forget COTM, COTY or those insignificant things, the best chars creator of all Times has never had this and is copied to this day (at least in the photo of Mr. Phantom of the Server, I do not see this insignificant green trophy). Think yes, you will do what no one had the courage to do, a Vega with claw, mask, grid wall, in POTS STYLE, this is what should motivate you, at least that is what motivates me (In my case, try to convert sprites from chars from KOF to CVS, in order to launch them, try to do what was not done, or then do it my way), do nothing to please others, but to be good with yourself. :)

that was true...but was in the past..today i knew good creators who never had a mugen wiki article...poor people nobody cares about them...
N64 Mario created sometime ago a very good SFA Vega with detachable mask and claw...http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/vega.html I am many years around and seems today is better for mugen get another evil ryo/kyo/iori instead original chars...I am not attacking nobody is just my opinion
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#10  March 19, 2017, 04:10:58 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I seen that the people vote for the famous authors just because known the author
And i agree with tje people only vote for popular authors.
I wholeheartedly agree!

It's like people mostly go and get stuff from already established authors they know and like and base their votes on that. They have no consideration for relatively unknown authors and newbies. I-it's like this is... some sort of... popularity contest!
#11  March 19, 2017, 04:42:02 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
And why this should be different?
After all, there is no man in whole internet, who would every month download every released character, test them all and give 100% measured chose?
Face it, we're all downloading and liking only interesting for us works while ignoring all another ones. And of course, we're most interested in works by already proven for us authors. So, whole this contest is all about competition "Who was most proven one?". We're voting for what we're playing.
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:46:17 am by Trololo
#12  March 19, 2017, 04:46:56 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Gee, it's almost as if a contest decided by popular vote was, like, idk a pop-
a dirty guanaco said:
BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY!
Oh, fuck you.
#13  March 19, 2017, 04:56:25 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I feel like mods or mugen vets, a set table of judges who can test out the releases
Should place the votes for cotm, and then have the popularity contest for every
Body else to vote... Since it's true we don't download and test everything, just
What interest us. Or just have a separate poll vote exclusively for pots style because
Fuck that's what everybody seems to like, like nobody gets tired of that shit and them
Hitsparks, shit is what like almost 10 years old already? I got tired of it, all of it the fxs,
The chars have way to many gameplay mechanics and nobody is really doing them
Right except for like 2 creators lol jmorphman and DW. Varos sakura don't even have
The correct hit pause times on the shoryuken, shit is half assed but that's my opinion

#14  March 19, 2017, 05:03:52 am
    • USA
Sounds like work, fam. Rather just let you guys keep nominating what you want to vote for and vote for it. Don't need the extra hassle of some jabroni shouting bias that his buggy beta didn't get a shot.
This time
This time
#15  March 19, 2017, 05:05:52 am
  • Niigasan
Lol the style is fun and consistent. Aint nobody sayin nada about the million mvc characters n shit bein made.  Who says theres a "correct" way to do the style.  Just seems like a kiss ass to me. Lol this mugen. Aint shit gotta be perfect. He made it according to how he likes it.

DW

#16  March 19, 2017, 05:15:47 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm gonna address a few things, then I'm not gonna derail this topic any further.

There's no need for a presidential style election for something that doesn't really matter too much in the first place. All I see is a bunch of salt. Especially from this varo. That last bit, that's why I respect you Memo. You aspire to be better and not settle. I rarely ever give feedback or say anything pertaining to work in said manner, cause people are WAY too sensitive. Too willing to settle, never aspiring to be better. Just slap it in, get it working somewhat, and ship it out. They wanna blame it on "popularity". Never stopping to think that they could do better. Stay classy big bruh.

Regardless, this isn't the place to talk about all that. Just drop it and vote.
#17  March 19, 2017, 05:39:16 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The guy who made Jailbot won COTM with the first character he ever released.  This argument is completely false. 
#18  March 19, 2017, 05:42:31 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#19  March 19, 2017, 05:43:58 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
#20  March 19, 2017, 05:46:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
The guy who made Jailbot won COTM with the first character he ever released.  This argument is completely false. 

Piccolo won

Piccolo won CotY. Jailbot got his CotM, indeed.
And of course he got his CotM for a reason, this really was a work of dedication, which got MUCH people interested in itself.

I thought they were released same month, must be that Mandela effect fucking with me
#21  March 19, 2017, 06:47:13 am
  • For honor!
I mean a new guy ask for many things like AI, when actually some famous authors don't have AI on his chars and they won the cotm
This caught my eye from that nightmare of a wall of text. AI is not even remotely important. It's really just a cherry on the top. Like, eventually a japanese person is gonna AI patch it (Or in my case a Game.com worshiping polish guy that wants Japan to think my name is Alpa) so hardly anyone cares.

Honestly you people are so silly about an accolade that's kinda meaningless when you consider that it was achieved by crap like UMKT Shang Tsung and multiple Mr.Infinite characters none of which are his Zangief with suggestive DDTs. If you really want a quick and easy way to earn recognition in the MUGEN community all you have to do is boot up MSPaint and draw Bernice Liu Vice peeing in someone's mouth while standing upright. It worked out well enough for me...In a manner of speaking.
Iroha stripped for me
#22  March 19, 2017, 06:54:53 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Varos sakura don't even have the correct hit pause times on the shoryuken, shit is half assed but that's my opinion

About that i'm with you Memo, sadly, because i enjoy some of Varo creations, like Gen.
But his Sakura sadly had A LOT of problems to be solved if Varo wants to do a solid Sakura in this style, just like POTS himself did.
But it's my opinion anyway, i really hope that Varo keep working on his Sakura to fix these problems.

About the CotM/CotY, the main essence of the CotM/CotY for me it's you nominate and vote for the character that you enjoyed, for the character that you follow the whole progress of the creation of the character. For me, the CotM/CotY it's not ONLY based on popularity, which is the less important thing, the competition is with the characters that people enjoyed and support the hard work of the creator, even if the character is good or bad.

Let's keep nominate and vote for the chars that we enjoyed and be happy anyway.
#23  March 27, 2017, 07:10:13 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
It's sad to see this fun little community thing escalate to a serious debate.

Voters are not getting screened for this, so I'm sure popularity is absolutely a factor for some.

I don't watch anime, and haven't even played most of the fighting games from which many characters originate.  I rarely even play MUGEN  :lol:

If and when I vote, I make an effort to place an informed vote by checking out gameplay videos for all the entries and use my best judgement to take my pick.

With that said, I expect many people have many different motives/strategies when voting for a character.

When the votes are tallied, if "the superior character according to the gurus" loses, well that's just how this thing works.

Creator's should never expect to win - just be proud of your work.  Scoring COTM was a very pleasant surprise, and runner up for COTY was a great feeling, but I certainly did not expect or demand these accolades.

#24  March 27, 2017, 07:12:30 pm
Sadly there will always be someone who HAS to cheat because the forces that be made that their reason to exist....kick em all off a cliff I say. Though that's only for ones that cheat at petty things or things that don't impact you that much.
#25  May 05, 2017, 11:36:11 pm
  • É nóis! :D
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenFDR/
Thanks to those who have nominated my CVS Omega Rugal POTS/Infinite, since December of last year I have a char among the nominees, but there will always appear a "silly char" or a famous creator to win this, where winning or losing I keep doing my work. Anyway I'm happy to always have people who recognize my work, which although not as good as many creators, is something that really bring with it some recognition... :purerox:

DW

#26  May 06, 2017, 03:08:12 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#27  May 06, 2017, 04:26:15 pm
  • A rapadura é doce mas não é mole não
    • Israel
but there will always appear a "silly char" or a famous creator to win this

You too eh? Ok got it.

I don`t want to hurt the proud of anyone, but after all this is a voting...  the choice of the majority of people visiting this site.

Some people will appreciate this beautifully polished main chars from street fighter, king of fighters, etc... and will see the other chars as "simpler"

... While other people will prefer more original creations instead of a new version of a character that is released once every 2 months, with maybe new details that can`t be perceived sometimes, and which have already amazing versions from all kinds and games for mugen...
Come on... it`s 2017... We have played these chars since the 90's... Anyone has any idea how many Ryus there are for mugen... Some people don`t download it anymore...

I am sorry if I hurt someone here, that is not the objective... I am just sharing my opinion... Because I think the worse is when we don`t understand why things happen... So I explain my version... Everyone has his own version... So please people also don`t attack me for exposing mine...

It`s a "democracy" (voting) after all and we need to accept the results...
#28  May 06, 2017, 06:17:23 pm
  • Niigasan
#29  May 06, 2017, 06:24:44 pm
there's nothing better then a perfectly polished CVS char that works like he should and the creator took a dick load of time to make it happen, reasearching how he should work, knowing the original games there so much going into it,there is a reason these people win all the time, and its not cause they are famous or what not.

Is it what it is, grow a thicker skin, or take this on the chin and improve your work, plain and simple.

And yes he is wrong. Very wrong I might add, the original chars have their own charm thats what draws people in, the great cvs conversations are for people like me who like the chars to actually have combos and stuff 90% of the infinite stuff when you turn the chains off the chars cant do shit not to mention most of the moves are broken, Its the same char over and over with diff hypers and specials with no combos, no thanks.
Its only ''POTS'' style in the effects part not under the hood, thats were the real magic happens. Not to mention this chars require no skill to play with,zero,nada.

I'd rather have 100 well made Ryus, then 100, infinite template chars with no combos.Broken move infinite priority and the list goes on and on.
I do actually prefer my POTS/CVS mugen build then the original game, thats how fun it is to me.

There is good chars coming out of the infinite style, Sennou comes to mind, so is Chazzanova's stuff.
Infinite's own stuff is also good.

Thats just my humble opinion, take it as you will.

Its not just CVS or what not MVC, 3rd strike etc, Kamekaze is known for his MVC work, but his Dudley and Yang are the best for mugen so far in my eyes.
The only Dudley I used that the taunt is like 3rd strike's, the rose falling is spot on. Thats how much work these guys put in.
and thats why they win all the time, plain and simple.

Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:57:22 pm by PeXXeR
#30  May 06, 2017, 07:00:12 pm
  • Niigasan
I mean thats all your preference, why do the characters have to feel and play the same damn way they did 20 years ago? This is mugen for god sakes. That shit is completely boring to me to play a character that plays the same as it does in the og. Especially these "CVS" characters. And uh I honestly dont care bout this cotm shit anymore after I realized I honestly only make characters for me anyway to fill roster spots. Shit js I'd rather play with falcons, infinites or r@ces shit cuz their fun and different than a stiff ass boring "accurate" character any day.
#31  May 06, 2017, 07:06:09 pm
Thats just shows how much you've used said chars, I will give you and exmaple DW's Rock,  he gave him unique combos that are awesome if you have the skill to pull them off. Same goes for Jman stuff, POTS, etc.

As to what you prefer its apples and oranges to me, whatever suits you go for it, I love the well made properly playing stuff.
You like the crazy chains/No skill/ chars. It is what it is.

One more example, when me and my friends have fight nights, when I first said mugen, the ones who knew what it was, was like hell no dude, fuck no, I was like wait, wait , wait, I pulled my roster, with The POTS/Jman/DW/ Victorys/Knucks stuff, and now they cant get enough of it, and thats people I've been playing fighting games since the 90's take that as you will.

As I've said, its all prefrence but dont try to belittle someone's work, cause they are ''famous'' they are famous for a reason.

One more thing, no one said its about accuracy, 90% of the stuff I mentioned has custom moves, with custom sprites etc.

AND ONE MORE THING !
So called infinite creators, I have dealth with, most of em are arrogant, and act all high and mighty.
 I have PM'ed Jman about stuff, Vans,  and I am forgetting someone but hey, all of them were awesome to me, and responded to my dumbass feedback/questions and gave me great insight.

I have left feedback on DW,s stuff multiple times, about Mai/Psy and he never once popped off on me like Falcon or the other guys.

Thats a reason why people dont even bother giving feedback these days.
Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:25:35 pm by PeXXeR
#32  May 06, 2017, 07:09:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I dont want to win, I dont like the attention
It brings and I don't want to be a famous
Mugen creator.  If you enjoy my stuff
Just drop by and leave me a message thats
Enough.
#33  May 06, 2017, 07:17:34 pm
  • Niigasan
Ok
#34  May 06, 2017, 08:06:59 pm
    • USA
Y'all making mugen content in 2017, PS4/Xbone all these new games/technology coming out and you stick with this? That in itself, I always say is proof right there, that you can even be motivated to do this is crazy.
Do your own thing, I guarantee you'll find more pleasure in doing so. Rather than trying to cater to anyone other than you. I understand the appeal of wanting to connect with people whom have similar interests, but as you can see, it ain't like that anymore. You forget why you do it in the first place, for yourself as it should always be. Those who appreciate your stuff will find you on there own.
Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:13:01 pm by ReixSeiryu

lui

#35  May 06, 2017, 08:27:51 pm
    • USA
oh no another discussion about mugen fame or some shit.

you guys are overthinking this. most "serious" mugen creators like dw here make shit for mugen with their preferences when they want to and thats it. no "i dont wanna be famous" or "there are mugen celebrities" or some shit. they get shit done, get feedback, move on.

having overly long paragraphs or something about all of this "mugen famous" stuff just ruins the fun of it all.
#36  May 06, 2017, 08:30:42 pm
  • Niigasan
The convo should've been over with tbh when I said OK. Not tryna derail the thread with this shit again.
#37  May 07, 2017, 12:43:28 am
call me passionate/Serious/Nerd but the first time I was able to put  DW's Blair Dame/Skullomania vs Jman's Kyo  my mind was blown.  Back when these games came out you can only dream of such a thing.
I do agree about the famous part, but no one should tell you/me/anyone for who to vote. Or imply something thats not true.
but I also appriciate all the work these guys have put in and thats pretty much it.
Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:48:22 am by PeXXeR
#38  May 07, 2017, 04:02:21 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dang, all of the people I wanted to vote for is in so....I got nothing...and to those that don't like to be famous, I would give money just to have the talent to make mugen content, but it's a hobby and I really don't have time to learn it like I want to. I envy you guys that can do this stuff like it's nothing, and don't be scared or ashamed of show off...because mugen is awesome. Voting is just one way people can show support to creators.
#39  May 07, 2017, 05:43:26 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
there's nothing better then a perfectly polished CVS char that works like he should and the creator took a dick load of time to make it happen, reasearching how he should work, knowing the original games there so much going into it,there is a reason these people win all the time, and its not cause they are famous or what not.
Is that what you seriously believe? Disregarding the fact that you've written off any other style that isn't "CvS", you're right, those are the kind of content that should be winning, but the reality is another entirely. Most of those CvS creations you praise so highly weren't researched more beyond what moves they had, not how exactly they work and why.
I dont want to win, I dont like the attention
It brings and I don't want to be a famous
Mugen creator.  If you enjoy my stuff
Just drop by and leave me a message thats
Enough.
You're not going to get hounded by the paparazzi just cause you're Mugen famous. And all the Mugen famous just carry on like nothing. Don't think about it too much.
#40  May 07, 2017, 06:30:32 pm
Imma quote myself.

Its not just CVS or what not MVC, 3rd strike etc, Kamekaze is known for his MVC work, but his Dudley and Yang are the best for mugen so far in my eyes.

As for what and how was researched, I dont really care, tbh, they play awesome, all the combos work I know from the original games, and I think you are kinda underestimating the  amount of work that went into these guys.
Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:37:50 pm by PeXXeR
#41  May 07, 2017, 06:52:37 pm
    • USA
I don't want to make a habit of this fellas, try and keep it out of the main topic next month
This time
This time
#42  May 08, 2017, 01:25:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do not call it CvS but CnS, lol, since capcom adn snk are the tow companies that got fighting game making ot it's apex, so anythign that emulates them is far better than any original design a script kiddie can come up with.
#43  May 08, 2017, 01:28:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
do not call it CvS but CnS, lol, since capcom adn snk are the tow companies that got fighting game making ot it's apex, so anythign that emulates them is far better than any original design a script kiddie can come up with.

What does the CnS stand for? Lol.
#44  May 08, 2017, 01:38:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Capcom no SNK
#45  May 08, 2017, 01:52:15 am
    • Philippines
Eh, I vote characters because I played as them and they feel great or because I trust the author's quality because they already have a good reputation.

If I don't find anyone interesting among the nominees, I simply don't vote.

Also, funny how this thread that was supposed to have been sleeping for weeks now until someone decided to post here again. An author, at that
#46  May 08, 2017, 01:53:24 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Moreso some stuff was merged into here and it reanimated the thread
#47  May 08, 2017, 01:53:48 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Eh, I vote characters because I played as them and they feel great or because I trust the author's quality because they already have a good reputation.

If I don't find anyone interesting among the nominees, I simply don't vote.

Also, funny how this thread that was supposed to have been sleeping for weeks now until someone decided to post here again. An author, at that

Nobody posted here, our convo got shit canned here
#48  May 08, 2017, 05:27:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#49  May 08, 2017, 06:29:18 am
  • For honor!
Some of you POTS graphics people sure care a lot about fame and stuff. Its rather telling as to what motivated you people to take the paths you have as creators :3c
Iroha stripped for me
#50  May 08, 2017, 02:21:48 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I've said it before and I'll say it again: you shouldn't be creating to get e-fame.

I've been in this community longer than others (10+ years), but I've mostly dwelled in obscurity as a creator because I only create stuff that I'm interested in. However, each of those characters was something I really wanted to make, and I make them mostly because I want to play as them. It doesn't make a difference how popular they get, but if people have fun with it or give bug reports in an effort to improve it, that itself is enough to make me a little happier.

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing (I'm almost 30), but eventually you realize that it's more about the experience of creating than how many COTM awards you get.
#51  May 08, 2017, 03:05:42 pm
People doing it for fame just kinda exist. Who knows why they go somewhere do something and ALWAYS expect everyone to give it nothing but perfect scores and stuff.
Atleast these are my thoughts on that matter.
#52  May 08, 2017, 05:04:27 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#53  May 08, 2017, 06:39:42 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Acknowledged! :bows:
#54  May 08, 2017, 07:28:17 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
"(insert name here) in pots style gets instant win and praised even if sucks or is a S.O.S release"..................
#55  May 08, 2017, 07:28:38 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
I read everything, and must have to say, you all are making a storm in a glass of water.

I personally doens't see mugen a way to get popularity, as a creator, or spriter.
My characters are made for me and plays in the way I like, and share them only to know if plays OK for the others, to track bugs and improve the creation. If the character will be popular or not, I don't care, I didn't even care if he will take a feedback.

But I agree with ONE thing, characters made to be accurate to their original games are boring, they doesn't have anything special to show, nothing new, it is only accurate. Yes of course I want balanced and decent coded characters on the mugen, thats why we still working, right? This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen. I look for a balance, a point between the original and classic character where I can put My favourite character inside of a world where he will fight Vega, Ruga, Heihachi, Sigma, Apocalypse and Abyss with good win and lose chances.
#56  May 08, 2017, 07:36:52 pm
I read everything, and must have to say, you all are making a storm in a glass of water.

I personally doens't see mugen a way to get popularity, as a creator, or spriter.
My characters are made for me and plays in the way I like, and share them only to know if plays OK for the others, to track bugs and improve the creation. If the character will be popular or not, I don't care, I didn't even care if he will take a feedback.

But I agree with ONE thing, characters made to be accurate to their original games are boring, they doesn't have anything special to show, nothing new, it is only accurate. Yes of course I want balanced and decent coded characters on the mugen, thats why we still working, right? This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen. I look for a balance, a point between the original and classic character where I can put My favourite character inside of a world where he will fight Vega, Ruga, Heihachi, Sigma, Apocalypse and Abyss with good win and lose chances.

I can agree I like it when characters have new moves or changes as long as it's balanced and done well. I do prefer the edits that add something while keeping it nice and balanced to the most accurate character on the planet to the point that you might as well just go play the game on your console or an emulator. But eh it's M.U.G.E.N if people want to make the accurate character that's fine if they want to make an edit that's fine as long as it's well made that's all that matters in the end. Well that and constructive criticism regardless these are once again my thoughts and any differing opinions are okay to me.
#57  May 08, 2017, 07:41:14 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen.
The problem is..peoples choose that shin omega (and now the new crap NEGA) with Orochi, Shin, Hyper,Super, Ultra...endless.. instead efforts like new chars like SuperGirl and some others...
the problem with the orochi,gods...was a plague in mugen early days..and become worst later...sadly..instead those can focuss to rip or make more mugen chars from more many games...
and I prefer accurate if is from some fighting game (or improve if the source game is awful crap)
#58  May 08, 2017, 08:05:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
As for what and how was researched, I dont really care, tbh, they play awesome, all the combos work I know from the original games, and I think you are kinda underestimating the  amount of work that went into these guys.
You should care about it more. Your combos work but at what cost? You look deeper and the frame data is all weird, move properties have been altered to have different purposes than their original purpose and in the end the character doesn't feel like the character anymore.
You're overestimating the work that goes through some of these.
#59  May 08, 2017, 08:19:18 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico

While I see your point, there is a lot that goes into making a "source accurate" character that not everyone knows about. The amount of work and dedication to making a, lets say, a source accurate CvS2 or SF3 character is definitely admirable and deserves credit (especially if it's done well, which not a lot of people can do). Making something totally original and clean can be just as credible as someone who made an accurate conversion of a fighter from their respective game. Both are works of art, and show the creativity, dedication, and intelligence from both authors. But either way, it's still a freeware fighting game engine that anyone can make anything on. So do what you wanna do.
#60  May 08, 2017, 08:39:28 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
"(insert name here) in pots style gets instant win and praised even if sucks or is a S.O.S release"..................

Yeah? Tell that to me, pal...

And MY oppinion about this situation...
-About popularity... I really don't think THIS is something you should go on for.
Yes, I admit: I WANT to take CoTM, for at least once. I want to be finally approved as GOOD mugenmaker for this site. But no, no matter what, I'm not getting it. At all.
So, that means I AM not good enough, so I'm trying to selfimprove, to become better. And so every my next work becomes better than previous, I AM growing, gaining experience to make old and new works better. And you know... I believe, If I'll continue like that, one day I'll finally be appreciated as Great charmaker. And appreciation of that will be my own victory at CoTM.
So, yeah... For me, CoTM IS COMPETITION. It isn't way to become OR prove yourself as POPULAR, but way to prove everyone you're WORHT YOUR SALT, to become better while striving for it. To prove, you ARE a good Mugenmaker. Well, I'm still isn't cush, as you can see... But I'm living proof, that P.o.T.S. style isn't pass in Winners. XD
-And about accuracy... I think, main in works NOT accuracy, but QUALITY, how funny they are to play.
Hell, Evil Ken by Reu isn't accurate NOR to any of existing versions of Ken, NOR even to concept of EVIL versions "X+Akuma=Evil". But hell, he is SO WELL MADE he is still indisputable. OR the Ken by Jmorphman. He IS pretty accurate, he follows the chosen way "Beign close to CvS..." really well. Yes, he DO have some customazations, like Jouen Shinryuken and so on, hit he isn't so OC like Evil Ken, he IS based on CvS version of Ken with addition of goodies from every other versions of him. They both are WELL MADE, so they WON'T fade away that easily. Now just try to remember and BADLY made Ken, huh? THis won't be easy task, and no matter, how accurate or custom he is...
==================
P.S.: what is S.O.S. char? XD
#61  May 08, 2017, 08:50:33 pm
Some grammar mistakes but eh Tetsu is far FAR from his original character and he's well liked. Kyo by Vans basically predicted XIII normal Kyo and was still liked despite it doing new things with the character. Also I think S.O.S may have something to do with Haruhi characters.
#62  May 08, 2017, 08:51:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

-About popularity... I really don't think THIS is something you should go on for.
Yes, I admit: I WANT to take CoTM, for at least once. I want to be finally approved as GOOD mugenmaker for this site. But no, no matter what, I'm not getting it. At all.
So, that means I AM not good enough, so I'm trying to selfimprove, to become better. And so every my next work becomes better than previous, I AM growing, gaining experience to make old and new works better. And you know... I believe, If I'll continue like that, one day I'll finally be appreciated as Great charmaker. And appreciation of that will be my own victory at CoTM.
So, yeah... For me, CoTM IS COMPETITION. It isn't way to become OR prove yourself as POPULAR, but way to prove everyone you're WORHT YOUR SALT, to become better while striving for it. To prove, you ARE a good Mugenmaker. Well, I'm still isn't cush, as you can see... But I'm living proof, that P.o.T.S. style isn't pass in Winners. XD
-And about accuracy... I think, main in works NOT accuracy, but QUALITY, how funny they are to play.
Hell, Evil Ken by Reu isn't accurate NOR to any of existing versions of Ken, NOR even to concept of EVIL versions "X+Akuma=Evil". But hell, he is SO WELL MADE he is still indisputable. OR the Ken by Jmorphman. He IS pretty accurate, he follows the chosen way "Beign close to CvS..." really well. Yes, he DO have some customazations, like Jouen Shinryuken and so on, hit he isn't so OC like Evil Ken, he IS based on CvS version of Ken with addition of goodies from every other versions of him. They both are WELL MADE, so they WON'T fade away that easily. Now just try to remember and BADLY made Ken, huh? THis won't be easy task, and no matter, how accurate or custom he is...
==================

Stop telling yourself your not good enough, cotm dont mean
Shit. I know why you lost with nash...he didnt have combos, didnt have
6-7 supers, no palette selector! That's why
#63  May 08, 2017, 08:53:51 pm
My only problem with Nash was sprites but those were unfinished so atleast I knew that was gonna be fixed later.
#64  May 08, 2017, 10:13:07 pm
  • For honor!
Is character of the month really indicative of quality when crap like UMKT Shang Tsung (Even the authors regret it) and Infinite Doom achieved that accolade? Seriously people don't sweat it.
Iroha stripped for me
#65  May 08, 2017, 10:29:45 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm surprised people are so butt hurt over all this. CotM is obviously just for fun, it's not a record of the best works or anything. If it were it would be picked by a closed unbiased group of judges, based on quality, creativity, accuracy/no accuracy, and who knows what else.

If you guys want something like that why don't you just put it together and make it happen?

I hate to be that guy but it shouldn't matter what motivates someone to create something here, even if the only reason they are doing it is for fame, popularity or to tease everyone with something they will never release.

Also, if people don't want to study games to make characters accurate or similar, who cares? They might come around to it, they might not. Chances are they know about that option.

Stop being babies!

#66  May 08, 2017, 10:38:36 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
If winning a CoTM/Y was a life goal like some people thinks, probably I could be a almost dead person with no future right now with one or two votes in voting LMAO

It's only a friendly votation. "Winning" or not, this will not change the quality of char for better or worse. [I admit in the past I though odd to see coders winning month after month, but... Who cares, it's only a pool between friends. Recognizing the hardwork of coders and spriters is nice, and just that. ]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#67  May 09, 2017, 12:37:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I'm surprised people are so butt hurt over all this. CotM is obviously just for fun, it's not a record of the best works or anything. If it were it would be picked by a closed unbiased group of judges, based on quality, creativity, accuracy/no accuracy, and who knows what else.

If you guys want something like that why don't you just put it together and make it happen?

I hate to be that guy but it shouldn't matter what motivates someone to create something here, even if the only reason they are doing it is for fame, popularity or to tease everyone with something they will never release.

Also, if people don't want to study games to make characters accurate or similar, who cares? They might come around to it, they might not. Chances are they know about that option.

Stop being babies!

That's not a bad idea. let's make it seasonal, who's down?

*what ever happen to the stage voting?
#68  May 09, 2017, 01:10:32 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I've been in this community longer than others (10+ years), but I've mostly dwelled in obscurity as a creator because I only create stuff that I'm interested in. However, each of those characters was something I really wanted to make, and I make them mostly because I want to play as them. It doesn't make a difference how popular they get, but if people have fun with it or give bug reports in an effort to improve it, that itself is enough to make me a little happier.
You sir... I can NOT, I mean, CAN NOT have said this statement better than how you stated it. I was going to say something way similar to this.
That is so me. I can try to win a COTM but in the end, I can care a lot less if I lose because like you, I create/edit stuff I'm interested in. My Eggman had only 4 votes from other people but I don't care, what matters was that people enjoyed using him and few people pointed out a few things that need fixing and I'm glad they pointed it out.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:26:56 am by DarkWolf13
#69  May 09, 2017, 01:29:25 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I thought this topic was dead already. :P

POTS or not, accurate or not. The hard work of the creators needs to be recognized and respected, surely yes.
But fame doesn't matter in MUGEN. MUGEN is just for fun and it's for everyone.

Well, i don't like to repeat myself but...
Let's keep nominate and vote for the chars that we enjoyed and be happy anyway.

That's all. ;)
#70  May 09, 2017, 05:09:28 pm
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Also I think S.O.S may have something to do with Haruhi characters.
hello.
i guess it too but hate it?
 but i think that can means too:
- some missing Sink or Swim mugen character or stage.
- Spanish Club Nintendo's help section logo.
-a fighter with many assistants
-a fighter who wants helpers
-Jonas Brothers song character stage.

#71  May 09, 2017, 08:29:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

there were plans to make a M+ certification either here ebfore the revolution or in mugendev; charcters would get reviewed by a comite of 5 or so people, they would ahve to had certain levels of quality and compatilibity with comunity created standars to receive that. it failed, because of the prospected hurt butts amde it not worth the effort.
#72  May 10, 2017, 06:03:54 am
the people who take these general-public-driven popularity contests too seriously are in some serious need for attention despite coming here accompanied by their loyal legion of knights of the circlejerk table

also, cvs fanboys are just as bad as sonic fanboys but are still less annoying than the people who go on about how accurate characters are boring and are tired of people releasing the same thing over and over again while doing fucking nothing themselves.

and of course, let's throw in smoke's incoherent rambling just for shit 'n giggles

tl;dr: ... what i'm trying to say (and maybe i didn't properly expressed myself): is that you people are the literal cancer of this community
#73  May 10, 2017, 06:09:07 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#74  May 10, 2017, 06:24:12 am
sorry mate (but yeah... they are mostly terrible). thank you for your hardwork :(

clean what? is it because of the context? ok, ok i'll change it to something more positive... there we go
#75  May 10, 2017, 06:27:27 am
    • USA
Much better
This time
This time
#76  May 10, 2017, 06:34:00 am
  • Niigasan
not gonna lie, I can almost guarantee  either omega rugal or mr.satan will win
#77  May 10, 2017, 06:40:53 am
popular characters get chosen by the general public to win a popularity contest!?

what is this madness!!?

... in all seriousness you say it like it's a bad thing or like it will cause some sort of damage
#78  May 10, 2017, 06:41:45 am
Have any of y'all ever thought of the possibility that this COTM competition will give the winner a 5K bonus? It explains why everyone's so excited this time round. :O

Besides this month of course, this is what happens when creating becomes more than sharing an experience with like minded people. You start taking forum contests with little trophy avatars a little too seriously.
#79  May 10, 2017, 06:45:00 am
  • Niigasan
I mean, I don't anymore but these are obiously the two coolest characters here
#80  May 10, 2017, 06:48:14 am
"i don't care but i keep bringing it up whenever i get the chance"

also:
but these are obiously the two coolest characters here
then what's wrong with any of them winning?
You start taking forum contests with little trophy avatars a little too seriously.
what else are they going to tell their grandchildren as a bedtime story
#81  May 10, 2017, 06:52:08 am
  • Niigasan
nothing, do u not understand what I'm trying to say? I'm probably gonna vote for them lol, their good
#82  May 10, 2017, 01:32:21 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet

there were plans to make a M+ certification either here ebfore the revolution or in mugendev; charcters would get reviewed by a comite of 5 or so people, they would ahve to had certain levels of quality and compatilibity with comunity created standars to receive that. it failed, because of the prospected hurt butts amde it not worth the effort.
Later that same day I realized how much whining would come with such a thing. I wish I had never posted that suggestion.

The elite in this community know who they are without a certification but it would be nice if they could get some kind of acknowledgement/was a recode of the effort. It's just not possible because it looks like special treatment. It a shame because it would be pretty cool.
#83  May 10, 2017, 02:18:24 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Another option that could happen once a year would be specialized rewards that could also be voted on. For example:
  • Best Newcomer (AKA someone's first character)
  • Best Accurate Conversion (AKA throw all the whatever Vans calls his system these days here)
  • Best Arranged Style (AKA throw all the PotS in here)
  • Best Original Character (AKA throw all the Z2 in here)
The downside is that there's a lot more to keep track of (hence why I'm only suggesting once per year), but I think that's the best way to branch out a bit more than just an all-encompassing "best" category (although that should still be a thing, and maybe the winners from those other categories could also get thrown into the COTY poll if they didn't already get COTM).
#84  May 10, 2017, 05:00:55 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

popularity?I don't care it when I became the most hated and worst mugen creator thanks to (mh,rs, fags-haters) in 2007...I keep my new creations private because that..maybe I would release something with really new stuff( like a sexy KO or new moves)...and wish never see tanicfan again..

about the S.O.S...that is not that anime or that bandboy idiots song is very simple: Same Old Shit..expect do not be muted or banned just because i wrote it without talk about somebody...

make a category is a better option like:
Best POTS edit/creation
Best 999999 times version of a char
Best shin-orochi-nega...etc... version
Best original
Best non fighting game convertion

and the winners for the current COTM are:
Felicia ("POTS" Style) by TheFclass97
omega rugal by falcon rapper
Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:06:45 pm by Jessy
#85  May 10, 2017, 06:49:19 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

popularity?I don't care it when I became the most hated and worst mugen creator thanks to (mh,rs, fags-haters) in 2007...I keep my new creations private because that..maybe I would release something with really new stuff( like a sexy KO or new moves)...and wish never see tanicfan again..

about the S.O.S...that is not that anime or that bandboy idiots song is very simple: Same Old Shit..expect do not be muted or banned just because i wrote it without talk about somebody...

Best POTS edit/creation
Best original

Didnt you get warned about posting cotm "winners"
In your post?

#86  May 10, 2017, 07:04:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Another option that could happen once a year would be specialized rewards that could also be voted on. For example:
  • Best Accurate Conversion (AKA throw all the whatever Vans calls his system these days here)
The downside is that there's a lot more to keep track of (hence why I'm only suggesting once per year), but I think that's the best way to branch out a bit more than just an all-encompassing "best" category (although that should still be a thing, and maybe the winners from those other categories could also get thrown into the COTY poll if they didn't already get COTM).

makign this yearly seems like a pretty nice idea, also having gold-silver-bronce winners should balance it being yearly.

lui

#87  May 10, 2017, 07:19:29 pm
    • USA

youre a fucking idiot. stop posting. please. will save us all the trouble of having a migraine trying to read your dumbass posts.

go back to being creepy about nsfw naked pixels or some shit
#88  May 10, 2017, 07:33:48 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I thought she quit the mugen because she was tired of the mugen
#89  May 10, 2017, 07:34:49 pm
#90  May 10, 2017, 08:11:36 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA

Best POTS edit/creation
Best original

Another post like this and you'll be gone for a week.

Final and only warning.
#91  May 10, 2017, 08:23:54 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Thanks for compliment, but seriously... stop.
#92  May 10, 2017, 08:32:21 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
You guys are kidding your selves. No matter what you do it's never going to be unbiased. People are not unbiased. I see a lot of people claiming they don't care or it doesn't matter but yet they are trying to change things around. Honestly, this is a good example of life for some of you. Things aren't always fair or go the way you want them to. A lot of times in life popularity does get you ahead. That being said, while some times some questionable things win, for the most part i think what's deserving wins.

People are complaining about famous authors winning off of their rep but have you taken the time to think you may lose based off your rep as well. There are people who make the same mistakes with their characters or don't take feed back but complain non stop about the bias against them. Then there are people who actually improve and get better over time. Never mind the fact that we all have certain characters we hold dear and others that don't matter at all.

Even with that i still feel like special things rise to the top. I've never even seen super jail but seeing the progress, hard work and dedication put into Jailbot made me want to try him out. These liberals are making everyone soft (this coming from a liberal).
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#93  May 10, 2017, 09:10:13 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Even with that i still feel like special things rise to the top. I've never even seen super jail but seeing the progress, hard work and dedication put into Jailbot made me want to try him out. These liberals are making everyone soft (this coming from a liberal).

I know my opinion doesn't mean much in this thread since I actually won a COTM, but like I said earlier everyone has reasons they submit their votes.  Sometimes the motive is popularity!  Other people have different criteria.  If I did not get COTM, I would not have whined about a majority of rando internet peep votes not favoring my release.

#94  May 10, 2017, 09:35:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I joined HDBZ to learn how to code, popularity, and to win COTM (didn't expect year but I'll take it!)

I'm not even a big DBZ fan!

So yeah, what now??? Come at me!!!
#95  May 11, 2017, 12:32:09 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
The thing that sort of bothers me with the cotm is that it leads up to the coty, which is fine and all but my fear is that one of these lesser general quality cotm characters (Some that come to mind are Dr. Doom by infinite, and Yamazaki by R@ce) might just end up being coty. I doubt that they ever will but It is a possibility considering both the coty and the cotm are popularity votes which could potentially lead to that.

An idea might be to leave the cotm as it is but have the coty go through judges judging on categories on order to see if the character is fit to be coty considering coty is technically representing the best character of that year. I know that Idea might sound elitist as all hell but I think it would be more of an effective method than what it currently is because I feel that putting the characters up against certain characteristics of a high quality mugen character should have, as opposed to letting the public go hog wild and vote who they think is best. Another benefit from it would allow mugen content creators a standard to aim for with creating a higher quality since they would know what they are looking for.

On a side note considering the p.o.t.s, CvS, derivative styles controversy that's going on with the cotm, I have taken a look at all the years of the cotm previous to 2017 and noticed that 36% of the characters there fit the bill (I've put question marks beside the ones I'm not sure about)

Spoiler: List of characters (click to see content)

So I can see why people might get salty that a p.o.t.s, CvS, and/or a derivative style character wins the cotm (another interesting note, every year has had either a Jmorphman or DivineWolf character in it)
Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:05:04 am by Amidweiz
#96  May 11, 2017, 02:08:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Pots style deserves its own contest, "POTM" jk
But it didn't even win the last 2 months I dont
See why they are the issue.

I dont even know why I wrote this I just wanted to post
"Pots style deserves its own contest, "POTM" jk"
#97  May 11, 2017, 02:56:18 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Maybe people like the POTs style/CvS styled fighters better because of the fancy fxs used on the characters.
#98  May 11, 2017, 02:58:43 am
I only like it because of things like EX and other new moves added to the character. Well when it works that is. Also because I like to see any new sprites that's about why I like pots style. Though it isn't my favorite I don't really have a favorite because my opinions fluctuate constantly.
Right now I kinda prefer DivineWolf's and Victorys's characters than POT's styled ones.
#99  May 11, 2017, 03:03:52 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
when it comes to characters... I care about the potential they hold in terms of sprites, no matter what style. Some of the stuff made by POTs and DivineWolf interest me because of the gameplay they have.
#100  May 11, 2017, 03:04:17 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Even if you have judges people are not going to be happy. That's just the nature of the beast with contests. Look at all the award shows and contests. Whether by panel or fans people are always upset and some time for good reason. Let's say you have a technically brillant character but for lack of better words (or me just being lazy) no one actually enjoys playing with it. Honestly thats just as bad as some busted, pandering character or style.

I don't think people are being honest with theirselves. If anything i'd say maybe have two winners, one thats voted by the people and one by panel. That way you can at least serve both crowds. Then you wouldn't even have to do a overhaul or add that much extra work.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#101  May 11, 2017, 03:07:35 am
You do have a point that and the people on those shows are usually the masses who are well known for their huge amounts of intelligence.....kappa.
But yeah you can't satisfy everyone so it's not to try because there are people who literally exist to not be satisfied with stuff.
Also people/the masses are trash but a person can be either super trash or actually good....where was I going with this?
#102  May 11, 2017, 03:08:28 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
to be honest, adding extra work helps the fighter stand out better but that doesn't guarantee popularity. it may also have to do with lack of public showcasing. for example you release a character for a project you're doing but you don't even bother making a separate release thread that focus on the character itself.
#103  May 11, 2017, 03:36:38 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

youre a fucking idiot. stop posting. please. will save us all the trouble of having a migraine trying to read your dumbass posts.

go back to being creepy about nsfw naked pixels or some shit
yep..I am fucking but not idiot...and that "nsfw pixels" take many people into mugen and many enjoyed and enjoys that...i do not believe those and me are creepy....and I am working doing that still...love h entai is not creepy...
Didnt you get warned about posting cotm "winners"
In your post?
I will not write about that again...but I just ask why is bad post their names..I am not against them or hate them..maybe is a prediction...
#104  May 11, 2017, 03:47:29 am
you keep pushing the fake news that pots style always wins when 2016's winners say otherwise
#105  May 11, 2017, 04:04:18 am
He's just being a troll or whatever just ignore him.
#106  May 11, 2017, 04:27:20 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
I've been creating characters for almost a decade now and I still don't have that shiny green trophy icon under my profile.

Where can I complain about this?
#107  May 11, 2017, 04:32:37 am
  • Niigasan
maybe cuz u don't care like other people? lol
#108  May 11, 2017, 05:22:54 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I've been creating characters for almost a decade now and I still don't have that shiny green trophy icon under my profile.

Exactly. It's not winning a competition that mades a creator good, it's the gratitude and enjoyment of the people around.
#109  May 11, 2017, 05:35:14 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

Exactly. It's not winning a competition that mades a creator good, it's the gratitude and enjoyment of the people around.

I would love to give anyone worthy an award but all in all, it's just a bit of code in the forum. It's also a hobby that should bring satisfaction to those that want to release content.
#110  May 11, 2017, 05:56:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
No wonder I work on other things these days and feel much better... I guess that one guy with the Talbain avatar is right in a way, never thought I'd say that. Do what you LIKE and you will start feeling fulfilled. Popularity contests are bullshit and they affect even the best of creators. Hell that one character I put out last year got no recognition despite being made on a deadline for the woman I still love more than anything, and while I was disappointed then, now it's like, whatever, I did what I wanted to do and nobody else would.

I'm with Arpa. Getting this salty in public just exposes your true intentions, as if they weren't obvious to others to begin with.

And Jessica Smoke still doesn't understand the concept of parody as usual.

Going back to my hole to work on things much bigger that hopefully everyone will enjoy. Peace.
#111  May 11, 2017, 06:27:26 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#112  May 11, 2017, 06:30:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I'm an idiot but I am not fucking :'(
#113  May 11, 2017, 06:45:45 am
  • Niigasan
#114  May 11, 2017, 07:43:11 am
  • For honor!
You're all a bunch of idiots. Let's all go fuck.
Iroha stripped for me
#115  May 11, 2017, 07:46:16 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
We gotta do this right, imma get the lovemaking music

#116  May 11, 2017, 10:34:55 am
#117  May 11, 2017, 03:28:49 pm
im not an idiot. but im fucking btw, as i type this on my phone im currently smashing my neighbor's wife' ass.
i smashed half of the girls who live in my city, i am certainly not an idiot... im fucking.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#118  May 11, 2017, 03:36:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
im not an idiot. but im fucking btw, as i type this on my phone im currently smashing my neighbor's wife' ass.
i smashed half of the girls who live in my city, i am certainly not an idiot... im fucking.

oh shit haha.

DW

#119  May 11, 2017, 04:25:02 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
A lot of you are missing the point to why this thread even exists. It isn't because of who wins. It isn't because of what motivates one to win. It's because of those who are salty and try to sneak diss people when they don't win. If you want to be "popular", fine. I'm not gonna question your morals or judge you. Whatever gets you going, so be it. It's when you come in here and cry about not winning is when I start losing respect and calling you out. 
#120  May 11, 2017, 05:37:57 pm
so... basically do the same thing RS forums did a couple of years ago, amirite?
i do not believe those and me are creepy....and I am working doing that still...love h entai is not creepy...
leaving aside what's wrong with everything else you said i just want to point out something:

now, as far as i know you made a tremendously painfuly-long argument in the spanish topic several years ago about how hentai was the worst thing since sliced hitler and how it denigrated women, that it was basically child pornography and even if it feautures mature and well developed characters said characters had the mind of a child and therefore was just as bad (if not worst), that IRL porn was better because no matetr how bad and denigrating to IRL women was, it was all nice and fair because those legally aged women had given their consent to participate in said acts and that people who enjoyed hentai were disgusting creeps who also happen to be potential child molesters.

i might be paraphrasing but i think that's the gist of it. now i only saw part of said long argument and read what other talked about it. so can someone from the spanish topic from back then back me up here?

the point i'm getting at is that you now say that there's nothing wrong with hentai or the people who enjoy it (and even draw perverted things yourself). NOW, does this appiles to hentai in general or just the stuff YOU draw?

//edit: and yes! you're a creep.
#121  May 11, 2017, 06:50:02 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
so... basically do the same thing RS forums did a couple of years ago, amirite?
By a few years ago you mean almost a decade, right???

And no, there'd be way less self-backpatting and no WORST CHARACTER category
#122  May 11, 2017, 10:21:18 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Guys, if you're really that worried for some creators not getting the appreciation they deserve, you know that there's a simple, hassle-free solution to that problem, right? Just tell them how much you like their work. Post in their release topics and let the world know that their creations are fun and completely worth downloading.

Unless, of course, your only concern is yourself not feeling appreciated enough, in which case I guess it's okay to keep whining like a baby about it. I'm sure this will help boosting your popularity tremendously.
#123  May 11, 2017, 10:46:15 pm
People do that enough for some.
Personally I prefer constructive criticism along with praise.
You can't improve without such a thing easily.
Edit: Sorry if you thought that I thought you were against constructive criticism.
Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:48:23 pm by Memes never die
#124  May 11, 2017, 11:39:17 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I never said anything against constructive criticism. I was just commenting on the whole (under)appreciation thing that seems like such a big deal for some people.
#125  May 12, 2017, 01:29:19 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
In their defense, I can totally understand how some people within the community go unnoticed despite their best efforts in putting a character they genuinely enjoy creating only to see them fade into obscurity because someone made a half-assed PotS styled character to garner more attention these days for example.
#126  May 12, 2017, 03:25:26 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
A lot of you are missing the point to why this thread even exists. It isn't because of who wins. It isn't because of what motivates one to win. It's because of those who are salty and try to sneak diss people when they don't win. If you want to be "popular", fine. I'm not gonna question your morals or judge you. Whatever gets you going, so be it. It's when you come in here and cry about not winning is when I start losing respect and calling you out. 

Yep DW, it's became the goddamit "POTS Style old shitty discussion" all over again.
I'm seriously tired to discuss about POTS Style. If you don't enjoy this gameplay style, just let it be dammit. >:(

Still don't understand why this thread won't dead already. :P
#127  May 12, 2017, 07:29:58 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

leaving aside what's wrong with everything else you said i just want to point out something:

now, as far as i know you made a tremendously painfuly-long argument in the spanish topic several years ago about how hentai was the worst thing since sliced hitler and how it denigrated women, that it was basically child pornography and even if it feautures mature and well developed characters said characters had the mind of a child and therefore was just as bad (if not worst), that IRL porn was better because no matetr how bad and denigrating to IRL women was, it was all nice and fair because those legally aged women had given their consent to participate in said acts and that people who enjoyed hentai were disgusting creeps who also happen to be potential child molesters.

i might be paraphrasing but i think that's the gist of it. now i only saw part of said long argument and read what other talked about it. so can someone from the spanish topic from back then back me up here?

the point i'm getting at is that you now say that there's nothing wrong with hentai or the people who enjoy it (and even draw perverted things yourself). NOW, does this appiles to hentai in general or just the stuff YOU draw?

//edit: and yes! you're a creep.
i remember that...I am regret it..I start to enjoy hentai since I shared with my couple..and started to found ecchi boring...and I liked it since 2007..I got a hentai mugen forum which I admin..sadly few people are interested in that....I remember mugen h was more popular years ago...and kuromaru and pals saves it and keep it alive..
not only my hentai..and do not like all genres of that..but there are hot things..
#128  May 12, 2017, 08:19:53 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
jesus christ smoke shut up about you and your porn we dont wanna hear about it
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino

lui

#129  May 12, 2017, 09:33:35 pm
    • USA
i remember that...I am regret it..I start to enjoy hentai since I shared with my couple..and started to found ecchi boring...and I liked it since 2007..I got a hentai mugen forum which I admin..sadly few people are interested in that....I remember mugen h was more popular years ago...and kuromaru and pals saves it and keep it alive..
not only my hentai..and do not like all genres of that..but there are hot things..

stop. I don't wanna here about your fetishes in a thread that does not warrant that kind of discussion.

#130  May 12, 2017, 10:36:15 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
2005 Smoke: "Look at me and my sexuality!"
2005 Community: "We don't care, that's not what this forum is about, stop telling us."
2005 Smoke: "Why do you hate me?!"

2017 Smoke: "Look at me and my sexuality!"
2017 Community: "We don't care, that's not what this forum is about, stop telling us."
2017 Smoke: "Why do you hate me?!"
#131  May 13, 2017, 12:39:41 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Hello Raul
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#132  May 13, 2017, 02:58:32 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

stop. I don't wanna here about your fetishes in a thread that does not warrant that kind of discussion.

and you do not have fetishes? you wear a purity ring maybe?

jesus christ smoke shut up about you and your porn we dont wanna hear about it
if I be andre lopes or blue insect you will want?
Hello Raul
I am busy doing movies..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_M%C3%A9ndez
..I have my boyfriend kung fuman (a guy known as ash) from random select and we got hot chat in fb everyday......and I never forget this famous line for those who I hacked in mh: "me dan la mano y tomo la verga" to some from mh...and i love that guy asstec soldier
#133  May 13, 2017, 03:21:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
This thread sucks.
#134  May 13, 2017, 03:23:39 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
#135  May 13, 2017, 04:55:36 am
GAAAH, NO!!!

i just noticed this on smoke's sig:
-May 12, 2007=day of hij*s de put*
and it just so happens that today marks the 10th anniversary of said date and i wanted to ask what the hell was that all about and you went ahead and banned smoke!

NOW CHRISTMAS IS RUINED AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
#136  May 13, 2017, 05:05:26 am
  • Niigasan
What a weirdo holy shit
#137  May 13, 2017, 05:21:58 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello.
i am confusing but i not understand what this thread is about.

ah.right. i do not think a category nominating "Worst" would be a positive or constructive way,sounds like "The Razzies" of Mugen.

#138  May 13, 2017, 05:51:30 am
    • USA
Right? Already have enough people going out of their way to shit on others to entertain themselves.
#139  May 13, 2017, 07:03:43 am
  • For honor!
Ummm I don't think anybody was contemplating bringing back worst character awards. Even back then absolutely nobody thought that was a good idea.
Iroha stripped for me
#140  May 13, 2017, 07:05:36 am
Now he has a weeks amount of time to think of a comment so insane that you'll never see it coming.
#141  May 13, 2017, 07:30:54 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You're giving Jessica Smoke way too much credit
#142  May 13, 2017, 08:50:06 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Jessy stole the thread about MUGEN popularity and turned it in thread about Porn-MUGEN. LoL.
And something I just must make post about:

and you do not have fetishes? you wear a purity ring maybe?
Well, indeed, we all DO have our Demons, Jessy. But you know, NORMAL PEOPLE ARE USUALLY HIDING THEM!
I don't care if you LOVE Hentai MUGEN, this in unappropriate here. Try to SHUT UP about it until you're in appropriate Forum/Site/MugenАrchive, allright?
#143  May 13, 2017, 03:22:20 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
But enough about weird porn
#144  May 13, 2017, 05:54:18 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Yes please, let's get back to the main focus of this thread (instead that this shit is dead for me).
#145  May 13, 2017, 05:55:28 pm
Yeah there's not much to talk about anymore anyway.