YesNoOk

AI difficulty (Read 19025 times)

Started by xyrz, December 11, 2010, 07:40:44 pm
Share this topic:
AI difficulty
#1  December 11, 2010, 07:40:44 pm
I have seen my fair share of AI's that are too freaking cheap/hard to beat. What I'm thinking is that why would someone make a certain character that hard to beat?

For example

SAIKEI's Kenshiro. The first time I fought against it, man. It took one combo to finish the round. It took combos straight from the combo vids on the net and it uses it without fail. Thankfully I learned you can edit his files so you can adjust his difficulty.

Why can't creators do something like this? I know Mugen 1.0 has fixed the difficulty issue but even creators of 1.0 content doesnt even use this feature. Only a few have used this.

The only reason that I can see why some would make a characters AI too hard is because they play in watch mode.

Good thing I have people to play with.
Re: AI difficulty
#2  December 11, 2010, 07:58:33 pm
    • sites.google.com/site/mugensbestspritersintheworld/
I partly agree with you. I hate those badly made chars that fight against you, and are all the time making combos of more than 10 hits, and they kill you in a few stupid combos.
Come on , in real life if you hit your enemy, he/she hits you back inmediatly. unless they are almost KO.
#3  December 11, 2010, 08:35:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#4  December 11, 2010, 10:27:31 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
It's not our fault if people like to play with overpowered shit and have to make broken AI to give themselves a challenge. Be a bit more selective in what you actually keep.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  December 12, 2010, 04:39:57 am
It's not our fault if people like to play with overpowered shit and have to make broken AI to give themselves a challenge. Be a bit more selective in what you actually keep.

But even characters who are balanced have AI's who are beasts.

#6  December 12, 2010, 11:41:33 am
    • Thailand
Get better at playing Mugen.
#7  December 12, 2010, 11:56:13 am
    • France
With Broly or Rare Akuma, I feel like I'm good at playing Mugen ! :D
#8  December 12, 2010, 12:26:46 pm
  • Ursus Shock
    • www.broadlyhillmugen.webs.com/
For those characters who make over 10 combo hits, use Predator Warrior by HSR. When I lose against one I pick up PW and beat them.
#9  December 12, 2010, 12:32:29 pm
    • Thailand
Nothing like getting revenge on a static, automated program!

GOH

#10  December 12, 2010, 01:29:30 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Funny thing, Mugen has so many characters with a difficult AI, that when I played CVS Pro on my PS1, and I was like:

"That's it...? I beated the game...?"

:XD:
#11  December 12, 2010, 02:31:23 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
AI creators usually forget to INCLUDE AN OPTION FOR DECREASING OR DISABLING THE AI.

Having nothing but the MK Walker AI is a sign that they made her AIs made to face primarly unbalanced chars, ignoring the fact that such hard AIs are never seen in a real fighting game.

For me this is just lack of good sense  :(
Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:17:04 pm by Zzyzzyxx

GOH

#12  December 12, 2010, 04:46:30 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
OH, I remember that AI type in MKT when I played it.

Shao Kahn would do that A LOT.  >:(
#13  December 12, 2010, 05:17:55 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I partly agree with you. I hate those badly made chars that fight against you, and are all the time making combos of more than 10 hits, and they kill you in a few stupid combos.
Come on , in real life if you hit your enemy, he/she hits you back inmediatly. unless they are almost KO.
:rofl:

No
#14  December 14, 2010, 04:28:35 pm
    • sites.google.com/site/mugensbestspritersintheworld/
why did you say no?

GOH

#15  December 14, 2010, 04:30:14 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
YOU ARE COMPARING FIGHTING GAMES TO REAL LIFE
#16  December 14, 2010, 04:31:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Exactly.
#17  December 14, 2010, 05:12:58 pm
so how do you decrease the level of difficulty in Muteki's characters?  i don't care if they're tournament leve AI they shouldn't be that difficult.  I've been playing for a long time and in the end it usually comes down to a strategy of using Ky Kiske's ultimate move to beat Slayer as he is impossible otherwise.  I would rather lower his difficulty a little but I have no idea how to and it has been like this for almost 3 years now.
First I was like: -_-
Then I was like: FUUUUUUU
#18  December 14, 2010, 05:23:30 pm
    • France
#19  December 14, 2010, 06:00:47 pm
That page doesn't explain anything, I checked the AI txt and have no idea which one is the correct one to change or where I should change it for that matter, there is no explaination.
First I was like: -_-
Then I was like: FUUUUUUU
#20  December 18, 2010, 07:58:47 am
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
About MUGEN chars A.I. I only have one statement:

"A boss without boss A.I. is not a boss."   >:( >:( >:( >:( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's nice to see other chars like heroes and villains and rivals to have A.I. but their A.I. should not be harder than bosses.
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster