YesNoOk

Pico vs CVS Felicia (Read 12921 times)

Started by Pico EX, November 28, 2007, 06:48:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pico vs CVS Felicia
#41  December 03, 2007, 11:45:50 am
  • It's not furry you goons, it's anthro! ANTHRO!
@Demitri: You mean you could read that? I'm still translating it.

@Pico EX: The thing is, she's *not* a decent character at all. She's really a very poor character. It should never feel painful to play a character...right? right? It doesn't matter if she can take down some cheezy characters, that doesn't make her "good". I could make a round ball with a 1hit KO hitbox that flashes on the screen every second gametic and takes up the entire screen, and that would undoubtedly beat the cheezy characters without having to even input any buttons.

No, you need to make your characters playable. It's no fun if they can take down the opponent in 3 hits. They're not satisfying to play at all. And as I said before, the moves and animations just aren't good.

Now I know Pico has limited animation frames, but there's a character called Michiru (who was made for Mugen by Rouge Noir) who is a striker from Eternal Fighter Zero. Before I'd heard of that game, I downloaded Michiru for Mugen and I thought she was a complete character because she was so well made. You have to make it convincing that the character can work on their own. At the moment, your Pico just looks awkward.

It's also possible to get away with very minimal animation: Look at Yoma Komatsu. She's animated rather cheaply (plays rather cheaply too, hyeh hyeh) but the minimalist approach doesn't make the character any worse.

I know you don't have much to work with, but I'm sure you can do better than this with a bit of dedication.
A magical force-field surrounding a brick in an iron vault...even if the security is breached, the thieves are bound to be disappointed.
#42  December 03, 2007, 11:56:08 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
@Demitri: You mean you could read that? I'm still translating it.
I'm a master of n00b translation. :)

i know pico come along well but she still need a little tweak she a needa custom intro and ending also i need see if i can get help to install denji hadoken special , a k.o animation but i can't seeto get the pleae help me special by it self because i made pico off of felicia sprites sheet and the sheet was incomplete because i found felicia have more and i would like to make a cor changing pic like mk chameleon if i can get rip sprites of cfe felicia. any how pico a decient char, If you play with version she can take down sme cheesy character down
I know Pico came along well, but she still needs some little tweaks. She needs a custom intro and ending. I also need to see if I can get help about implementing the Dejin Hadoken Special Attack and a KO animation, but I can't seem to get any help, so please help me. Understand that I made Pico out of Felicia's spritesheet and that the sheet was incomplete, as I found out that Felicia had more sprites. I'd also like to make a sort of body transformation "a la" Chameleon from Mortal Kombat, although I'd need to gather sprites from her CFE spriteset.
Anyway, Pico is a decent character, and if you play with her new version, you'll be able to beat some OMFG cheesy cheap fucking characters.
#43  December 03, 2007, 12:12:19 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The comments are quite....interesting.. >_>
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#44  December 04, 2007, 12:01:43 am
  • the creator of the award winning Pico
    • www.esnips.com/web/powerangerchris-infamouspico
okay i fix her a little and take a way high attack soon as i can get her sprites modifided and new special a hyper portrait and all
#45  December 04, 2007, 05:06:34 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
okay i fix her a little and take a way high attack soon as i can get her sprites modifided and new special a hyper portrait and all

there's nothing to fix. pico is teh ubernez!  :o
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#46  December 04, 2007, 09:29:43 pm
  • Never give up
#47  December 08, 2007, 10:00:21 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#48  December 08, 2007, 01:50:58 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#49  December 11, 2007, 03:21:45 am
that video was disturbing