YesNoOk

Earthworm Jim (Edit) by IanMcRacoon2000 (Read 7017 times)

Started by RMaster007, February 17, 2019, 01:04:44 pm
Share this topic:
Earthworm Jim (Edit) by IanMcRacoon2000
#1  February 17, 2019, 01:04:44 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Someone going by the name of IanMcRacoon2000/CodyTravers has released an edit of DrKelexo's Earthworm Jim recently.

He's more of a custom style than being a conversion of Jim's ClayFighter appearance. He has new specials and hypers, new voiceclips from Earthworm Jim 3D, and edited sprites. However, the new sprites clash with the original ones.

Download
Spriting is harder than I thought.
Re: Earthworm Jim (Edit) by IanMcRacoon2000
#2  February 17, 2019, 04:43:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Whoa Nelly!! That's a surprise. I like the twist on the character, I didn't expected someone used CF's Jim to make this kind of character, I like it :D (and more than that, compatible with WinM!! that's a yes-yes).

Definitely I'll test it, i hope he didn't change much of Kelexo's gameplay on him apart of the new moves

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

N_N

#3  February 17, 2019, 05:01:08 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
I'm not sure what to think of this TBH. I tested him out a little and noticed that:

- Some infinites are introduced (mainly his standing lights and mediums) because the startup and cooldown times were lowered.
- the "Snot" special is useless because its basically inferior in every way (more cooldown, more startup, less damage, etc.) to the normal blaster. I guess the only advantage is that it OTGs but even then it wont hit most opponents on the floor.
- He doesn't have any hurtboxes during the startup and ending of the "Peter Puppy Transform" hyper.
 - Which isn't that well coded anyways because if the opponent is hit with the first hit of the hyper, they fall down and won't be able to be hit by the rest of the hits.
 - I also sometimes get debug errors when its used and it hits the opponent
- Why does the Consecutive Gun Shoot hyper make him continuously lose power overtime instead of just losing power instantly? This also means if you get hit while doing this hyper, you'll still retain some power.
- IMO making his crouching hard punch launch the opponent wasnt that good of an idea because he has no super jump to follow it up with. But even then, if he did have one it would still be useless because he cant air combo
#4  February 17, 2019, 05:27:20 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Whoa Nelly!! That's a surprise. I like the twist on the character, I didn't expected someone used CF's Jim to make this kind of character, I like it :D (and more than that, compatible with WinM!! that's a yes-yes).

Definitely I'll test it, i hope he didn't change much of Kelexo's gameplay on him apart of the new moves

Some of the moves work quicker now, but other than that, the original moves weren't changed.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#5  February 17, 2019, 07:46:17 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
- IMO making his crouching hard punch launch the opponent wasnt that good of an idea because he has no super jump to follow it up with. But even then, if he did have one it would still be useless because he cant air combo
That's part of the game, the "launcher move" was made as a "get off of me!" move instead of what we know about "classic launcher moves" as in MVC and GG. Probably that was untouched from Drkelexo's version

Some of the moves work quicker now, but other than that, the original moves weren't changed.
Not sure about it, DrKelexo's version is in general a bit quicker han mine, so I don't think that was changed, either

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X