YesNoOk

TEST RUN - Spritesheet Expansion Thread Addendum - Request thread (Read 1403296 times)

Started by Graphicus, August 09, 2013, 11:41:11 am
Share this topic:
TEST RUN - Spritesheet Expansion Thread Addendum - Request thread
#1  August 09, 2013, 11:41:11 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Hey, buddy! Yes, you! I'm talking to you, future character contributor!

Are you almost finished with your character, but need just one or two small animations to REALLY make it shine? Would those animations make your character truly awesome, but you can't afford to commission them? Heck, are they actually critical to your character's gameplay?

Well, I've got the (potential) solution for you!

It's the... SPRITESHEET EXPANSION REQUEST THREAD ADDENDUM - REQUEST THREAD TEST RUN!! The only "anything" in the world with a name long enough to make Capcom's game namers blush!

Think of this scenario:
Coder: "Boy, I'm almost done coding this UMvC3 Wolverine! Other than the slightly different costume from the 2D sprites, he's totally source accurate! If only I had 2D sprites for that one new move they gave him in UMvC3, "Berserker Rage"... that would truly make this the real deal! Too bad I'm poor and can't commission it!"

Now imagine this:
Sprite Artist: "Wow, a source-accurate MvC3 Wolverine! I'd love to download that someday! You say you're only missing that ONE animation? Heck, I'm pretty good at making CPS2 sprites! If that's all you need, I'd be happy to contribute that! Here you go!"

Result:
MUGEN Community: Yay! The day is saved!

Think that's too far-fetched? Well, go dive under Hulk's Gamma Crush, Negative Nancy! We're looking for people that want to make a difference!

What do you need to have before requesting an animation?
1. Evidence that you're actually working on a character and have made significant progress. This evidence can be a beta version, a youtube video, or an outstanding reputation for completing projects.
2. A clear description of the animations you need and how these will contribute to the completion of the character (except where obvious).

What do you need to do to fulfill a request?
1. Post a message in this thread indicating that you'll take care of it, so we don't have multiple people working on the same thing for no reason!
2. If you're planning to charge for that animation, PM the person that requested it to see if they're interested, don't post that in this thread. This thread is for freebies only!

Other important information:
- All requests will be added to the second post in this thread so contributors don't have to be scrolling through multiple pages just to find something they can help with (assuming this project is a success and ends up being several pages long, of course)
- Any animation submitted in this thread will immediately be posted in the Spritesheet Expansion Thread (you're getting it for free, so don't expect it to be closed-source).
- If you are planning to submit an animation that does not match any of the requests in this thread, just submit it in the Spritesheet expansion thread directly, not here. Link: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/spritesheet-expansion-thread-146532.0.html
- If you've found an animation that works for the requester, but you haven't created it yourself, please indicate who did (if you know) so we can credit them appropriately.

Ready... set... GO!!

/salesman voice.
Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:48:27 pm by Graphicus
Re: TEST RUN - Spritesheet Expansion Thread Addendum - Request thread
#2  August 09, 2013, 11:43:15 am
    • Argentina
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:17:02 am by Graphicus
#3  August 09, 2013, 08:39:22 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
My first request... Ryu and Ken's respective Focus Attacks in CVS-style sprite.
The Dragon is here!
#4  August 09, 2013, 08:43:19 pm
Can you read? Or are you purposely blind?

You need to show your work first.
#5  August 09, 2013, 08:45:08 pm
    • Argentina
Like Alex stated, you need to show evidence that fulfilling your request will lead to a completed work. ;)
#6  August 09, 2013, 09:01:11 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
Here's the evidence:

Plus... make the black ink effects separated.
The Dragon is here!
#7  August 09, 2013, 09:03:22 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
What do you need to have before requesting an animation?
1. Evidence that you're actually working on a character and have made significant progress. This evidence can be a beta version, a youtube video, or an outstanding reputation for completing projects.

#8  August 09, 2013, 09:06:27 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Dragon kid, do not post in this thread unless you're going to actually read the rules. You will not get a second chance after this.
#9  August 09, 2013, 09:09:54 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Here's the evidence:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ukqcyN143U0[/youtube]

Plus... make the black ink effects separated.

Sorry to tell you this,but Capcom stole all your character ideas.
Damn them
#10  August 09, 2013, 09:11:53 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
I understand... since I was working in my UMC Project: Click here.
The Dragon is here!
#11  August 09, 2013, 09:17:42 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Dragon-Kid killed the topic before it even started. :(
Damn him.

Anyway, very nice idea. I'm pretty sure Jmorphman will make very good use of this topic in the future, seeing how he often needs a few sprites to complete his ideas. :)
#12  August 09, 2013, 09:36:00 pm
    • Argentina
This thing got derailed quickly... :blank:

Dragon Kid: Don't worry about the misunderstanding, it happens. Regarding your request, I understand you have a project thread, but other than a few screenshots, there's nothing that tells us how much progress you've made on Ryu and Ken... the idea is that you come close to finishing the characters with everything else, then ask for those moves when you're done with that.
Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:04:07 pm by Graphicus
#13  August 09, 2013, 10:01:09 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
I have considered updating my Enya Gail and Kameo with proper crouching/crouching attacks/standing attacks/throws.  If anyone has any good ideas for these and wants to edit them, I'd be more than happy to see what people come up with.  Probably doesn't help that their sprites were originally ripped by me in the wrong resolution.  Maybe a broken toilet anim as well for the Justice super?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/enya-updated--121799.0.html

I guess a run animation for SFA3 Fei-long would be nice as well.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sfa3-feilong-62108-update-81532.0.html
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#14  August 09, 2013, 10:14:39 pm
    • Argentina
I've added the Fei Long running animation to the request list.

The Enya stuff seems to me like way too much work, given the purpose of this thread. If you think I'm mistaken, let me know.
#15  August 09, 2013, 10:48:38 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
sure, that makes sense.  thanks.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#16  August 10, 2013, 12:23:04 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Question: how much progress is required? Because I have 2 videos and several screenshots

#17  August 10, 2013, 12:39:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, I plan on using this topic when the new animations are the only things left to finish the character (disregarding the ai).
#18  August 10, 2013, 12:41:02 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Ok, so I'll wait

#19  August 10, 2013, 12:47:29 am
    • Argentina
Question: how much progress is required? Because I have 2 videos and several screenshots

That should be good enough if the video demonstrates good progress on the coding side (gameplay, CLSNs, etc...). Just remember rule 2:

2. A clear description of the animations you need and how these will contribute to the completion of the character (except where obvious).

It should be clear that this is not just 1 or 2 animations out of a DOZEN that you need to finish your project, but 1 o 2 that are left to fully complete the project (of course, if you decide to do some revisions in the future, that's fine).

If you already have this stuff in your own Project thread, you can just link to it when making your request. You don't have to post the video in this thread if you don't need to. I'll also act as good advertising if you haven't received a lot of attention on your project.

Well, I plan on using this topic when the new animations are the only things left to finish the character (disregarding the ai).

You don't have to wait THAT much... just show enough progress to make it clear that people's submissions aren't just going to end up in the garbage.

EDIT: Just to prove I'm not one of those people that love to contribute ideas, but doesn't actually contribute work, I'm officially volunteering to draw the first request! I will be working on those Fei Long running sprites to the best of my abilities!
:)
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:12:08 am by Graphicus
#20  August 10, 2013, 01:52:02 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio