YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle Issues (Read 5931 times)

Started by Markpachi, October 13, 2014, 10:32:27 am
Share this topic:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle Issues
#1  October 13, 2014, 10:32:27 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

So I bought this brand-new, sealed copy of the game. It came with a DLC brochure that came with a code for Kira and Fatty. It says that the expiration date is on December 2015. The region says it's "3", if it even matters.

1) UPDATE ERROR

I'm having a hard time updating the game. The game gives a prompt that I need the Update Pack 2, or something like that, in order for me to be able to use the DLC chars and the Online Mode. I followed it by entering on the "YES! YES! YES!" option. I was then brought to the Playstation store, but it led me to a blank page that had no downloadable content. I'm using a HK PSN ACCOUNT, by the way, and I searched the store using the standalone app on the main PS3 UI. I found the Japanese updates, and I downloaded it. Once it finished, I installed it, but when I started up the game, it didn't work, and stated that I still needed to download the update. Me being desperate, I then used my US PSN ACCOUNT and tried there. Same as the HK account, it gave out a message that led me to the PSN Store. I followed it and once again, it had no content that was downloadable. Should I download the update using a Europe account?

2. INVALID DLC CODE

The DLC Brochure code does not work. I tried it both in the Account Options > Redeem Code way, and the PSN Store > Redeem Code, but it doesn't work. I also tried using both of the accounts to test and see if it'll work, but to no avail. I e-mailed Bandai Namco's Singapore Support stating the problems, but they haven't replied yet.

What should I do now? The game's really good, and I've progressed all up to Vento Aureo's Story, but damn, I don't want to start over again since I've already gotten all the stars each part, even in the Another Story mode! Please help me.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle Issues
#2  October 13, 2014, 10:47:23 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Region 3? I don't see a rating.
Mind posting the disc ID on the side of the box? Might answer everything.
#3  October 13, 2014, 10:51:55 am
The downloads (updates and DLC) are tied to the version of the game you have. If you have a European copy of the game, you need a European PSN account, otherwise it won't find anything on the store - downloading stuff from a different PSN's store will say it doesn't find the update ; if you buy and download stuff from the wrong PSN region, it'll just say you didn't download anything that it can recognize. Region 3 should be a HK PSN account, right ? Maybe those downloads were never put on the HK PSN ?? Try to search in that direction. If it's just not on the PSN for your region, then you're shit out of luck and you have to buy a disc from the region that has the updates and DLC on their PSN. If the game led you to a download page that has nothing on it, that's probably it. Go to the PSN the regular way (not from the game) and search for the game's title, if it's empty then that's it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:55:32 am by DKDC
#4  October 13, 2014, 11:00:25 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
It says on the back of the case.

To be honest, I'm not too sure if the copy's a European one. I asked the staff of the shop, and they even said that this was the Japanese version, and they're clearly incorrect about that. I don't know what to do, man.

#5  October 13, 2014, 11:12:50 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
If the game is in English and it's using that boxart, your copy could be the EU version using a mislabeled cover. Hell if I know.
But I can safely say SEA never had a proper english release of the game. The Asia ver. is strictly Japanese.

You could check the region if the game by importing your save into a USB drive. If the name of the game ID matches any of these, that's probably the region you need to get your data in.
#6  October 13, 2014, 11:30:08 am
Boxart seems to indicate it's this version which is Asia.
From reading around a bit, it seems that Japanese DLC often work on Asian versions of games, so maybe that's where you have to get your updates - try to redeem your code on the Japanese PSN, and try to log off PSN, start the game, and log on the Japanese PSN when the game asks to check for updates ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#7  October 13, 2014, 11:34:02 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
I'll try to check out the Save data id first. I'll get back to you guys.

Posted: October 14, 2014, 05:58:27 pm
Sorry if it took so long. I had to reformat my External HD to FAT32, but I had to back-up a lot of files first on my computer, which took a day.
Anyway, I got "NPEB01922SAVE_JOJO_ASB" as the save data's folder name. There were three versions that had the same folder name, namely ...

The first one is the physical copy version, while the Prestige editions are digital-only that has all the DLC characters bundled in, if I remember correctly.

Which PSN account type do you guys think I make first?

#8  October 15, 2014, 12:21:22 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Well you're not losing anything if you make both a Europe account and Australia account, but the Australia shop contains mostly Europe versions.
I'd say try AU first, then EU.
#9  October 15, 2014, 03:00:38 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Okay, a little update on the situation.

I've managed to get a hold of the right version of the Update 2, which was taken using the AU account that I made. Sadly, the DLC Character Code still won't work for the AU and EU accounts I made. I've also tried using my HK and US accounts, as stated before.

What do I do now? Should I lose hope of redeeming the codes, and cry on the corner now?

Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:13:53 pm by Markpachi
#10  October 16, 2014, 08:45:00 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Was your copy new or used?
I got a few used copies of games that had used DLC codes inside.

If it was new, talk about it with your retailer.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11  October 16, 2014, 09:10:03 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
I bought this brand-new, sealed copy from DataBlitz, and I'm sure that they don't sell used copies. I also doubt they'll be able to help me even if I bring my copy to them. This sucks, man. Was there ever any reports of Bandai Namco having issues with brand-new codes not working?

#12  October 16, 2014, 09:21:32 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Not that I recall.
If anything, you could contact Bamco's support to know exactly what's up with your key, but I wouldn't hold my breath for too long.
#13  October 17, 2014, 09:56:16 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
But I already did send them one, like,weeks ago.

This situation's starting to piss me off. I'll send a message to each Bamco support branches and see if they'll be able to help me.