YesNoOk

Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo V5.0 Available (Read 24757 times)

Started by Mr. I, October 16, 2011, 01:07:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo Available
#41  March 06, 2012, 12:54:30 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
this is good. no need to edit like alexlexus did. i think this will be complete in a cuople of weeks or months. good to getting started up your SSF4: AE Roster with werewoods juri and seth. werewood is making oni so i do bleave we will have all of them. i have hi hopes for a full realese  ;D
LOL...  :2thumbsup:
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#42  March 06, 2012, 12:55:51 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
this is good. no need to edit like alexlexus did. i think this will be complete in a cuople of weeks or months. good to getting started up your SSF4: AE Roster with werewoods juri and seth. werewood is making oni so i do bleave we will have all of them. i have hi hopes for a full realese  ;D

o_O

Dude!! Couple of weeks/months!? If you were following Juri's thread back when, she easily took 4 or so months. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. You can't simply rush great work no matter how talented you are. As an example, Cybaster and Cyanide take as long as they have to. And both of these guys crank out epicness.

I've had a few minutes to spend with Gouken and man is he awesome. It's a little odd at first to see a 30fps conversion as his frames aren't as silky smooth while comparing him to his actual counterpart. This is just splitting hairs though. Gouken is solid, and that's what counts. Chalk up another amazing WIP from Mr. I!! I can't wait for updates. Keep up the amazing job.  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#43  March 06, 2012, 01:20:58 am
    • Canada
The transition from the landing from a jump to the idle stance looks kind of awkward.

An extra frame or two will be added to the landing animation. The recovery time will not change though and ctrl will be given at the exact same time.

gouken plays ok but can you make ssf4: ae ryu because he is like an easy character to make and dont need the unnessasary stuff that most people put in characters.

If I were to make SSF4 characters, Ryu would be one of the last ones I would do, only because he is too straightforward and uninteresting to me.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#44  March 06, 2012, 02:01:50 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
If I were to make SSF4 characters, Ryu would be one of the last ones I would do, only because he is too straightforward and uninteresting to me.

Well said. I agree 100%

Quick question, and it's a longshot. With the release of SFxT, would you consider giving a Tekkenite the attention you're giving Gouken?? It would be rad to see Yoshimitsu, Ogre and Heihachi. Just sayin.  ;)
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#45  March 06, 2012, 09:03:19 am
  • I am Neo Leo! Hear me roar!
Thank you very much for providing a demo!  Just tried it out, it felt like playing the real SSF4!  His hurricane kick landing seems to delay a bit though.  And his throws're missing?

I also want to see Oni and Evil Ryu in Mugen, especially Oni because it's a new exclusive character.

By the way, how's your Juri progress doing?

Thanks again!  Keep it up!
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:00:26 am by Neo Leo
#46  March 06, 2012, 06:00:59 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Yeah, i agree with Neo Leo, it would be awesome to see Oni in Mugen, why you dont' post a poll like Maverik did? well, if you like the idea that is.  ;P
#47  March 06, 2012, 06:31:20 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
MR I , How do you eliminate the hit sparks all of the other effect out the gamne, im really wanna try in sprite RIP all the sf4 characters sense i got me a new fast laptop taht can pay ssf4ae at full spread.

All i need is a pink training stage and no effect oh hit spark, ground effect,hadoken effect and aura effects
#48  March 06, 2012, 08:55:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Ex Sengokushoha seems to infinite juggle in the corner :
#49  March 07, 2012, 03:17:10 am
    • Canada
MR I , How do you eliminate the hit sparks all of the other effect out the gamne, im really wanna try in sprite RIP all the sf4 characters sense i got me a new fast laptop taht can pay ssf4ae at full spread.

All i need is a pink training stage and no effect oh hit spark, ground effect,hadoken effect and aura effects

You will be PM'd with resources.

Ex Sengokushoha seems to infinite juggle in the corner

This has been fixed by adding a juggle point to the first hit of the move.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#50  March 08, 2012, 10:19:09 am
    • France
    • www.mediafire.com/?juk83mj7xabhg
Also if anyone can help me find the method to have ultras/supers without dynamic angles in the SSF4 -AE- PC version, it will be much appreciated. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9nEKewHjW5w

I will try to collect some information

After a quick test :

- Kongoshin must be : ~B, D, DB, + Punch !
   - No Overhead for the moment ? ~F + Middle Punch

- Really good and solid work congratulation  :o

I was a little tired of mugen but your project rekindles the flame  :smitten:

keep up

X
#51  March 09, 2012, 04:18:04 am
  • Mugen fan since old DOS version 0731
very smooth moves, very beautiful light effects!!

Hope you finish him, this one is a must have!
#52  March 10, 2012, 02:04:17 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
sweet, looking foward to the finished product
#53  March 11, 2012, 11:04:58 am
    • Canada
A brief demonstration video showing some combos is seen in the first post.

It uses a slightly updated version which should be yours to test soon.
#54  March 11, 2012, 08:51:03 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Gouken is looking great bro! can't wait to test the updated version, keep it up!  :sugoi:
Re: Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo V2 Available
#55  March 12, 2012, 04:41:23 am
    • Canada
The second version of the demo is now available.
Re: Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo V2 Available
#56  March 12, 2012, 06:52:58 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
this is looking very impressive!! hope to have time to test that second version tomorrow
Re: Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo V2.5 Available
#57  March 15, 2012, 09:32:43 am
    • Canada
Alpha version 2.5 is now available.

The only major change is that the demon flip grab is added.

It should now be impossible to infinitely juggle Ex Sengokushoha in the corner.

His hurricane kick landing seems to delay a bit.

The recovery of all hurricane kick landing is 20 frames. This value will not change.

#58  March 15, 2012, 07:00:45 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Mr. I, this is getting better and better! keep it up bro!  :sugoi:
#59  March 16, 2012, 12:24:24 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Disclaimer: The following is just something I though would be a good-workaround for the Ultras. I'm just throwing it out there in case he agrees that it works.

Since you can't get those 2D Ultras (I tried looking for the mod myself, but couldn't find it) you can just rip the ultra as-is into still-frame screenshots (not 60fps, since it'll take forever), so that he's doing it against one of the small characters? (Juri, or Cammy for example).

You can then erase the opponent from those stills and replace it with an blurry outline that resembles a human body (you can make the blur look all Sumi-e in true SF4 fashion). The background you can delete and just leave transparent.

Essentially, if the move connects --> Play video made of those still-frames --> Apply Damage.

Essentially, it's kinda like the "on-fire" sprites in the original SF2... it looked like a HUGE body on fire, yet it was used for every character, even Chun-Li, and we didn't complain, lol...

Of course, if you find out how to mod the game, you'd probably want to go with 2D Ultras instead... but this might work for the time being.
Re: Gouken -SSF4:AE- | Demo V3.0 Available
#60  March 18, 2012, 09:02:31 am
    • Canada
Since ripping the ultras and stuff will probably take a while, I decided to upload Version 3.0 which adds his super.

I guess, he's almost at a playable state.

Disclaimer: The following is just something I though would be a good-workaround for the Ultras. I'm just throwing it out there in case he agrees that it works.

Since you can't get those 2D Ultras (I tried looking for the mod myself, but couldn't find it) you can just rip the ultra as-is into still-frame screenshots (not 60fps, since it'll take forever), so that he's doing it against one of the small characters? (Juri, or Cammy for example).

You can then erase the opponent from those stills and replace it with an blurry outline that resembles a human body (you can make the blur look all Sumi-e in true SF4 fashion). The background you can delete and just leave transparent.

Essentially, if the move connects --> Play video made of those still-frames --> Apply Damage.

Essentially, it's kinda like the "on-fire" sprites in the original SF2... it looked like a HUGE body on fire, yet it was used for every character, even Chun-Li, and we didn't complain, lol...

Of course, if you find out how to mod the game, you'd probably want to go with 2D Ultras instead... but this might work for the time being.

I have my own plans for now, but if his ultras ever do get ripped without zoom, I wont hesitate to switch.