YesNoOk

BrokenMUGENhr screenpack (Read 258532 times)

Started by Sniper, December 19, 2008, 08:27:02 pm
Re: BrokenMUGENhr screenpack
#41  December 19, 2008, 09:37:23 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Have you considered just having a paypal donate button on your webpage like we do here at guild?

Say the site costs money. Least that's truthful.

Saying your development costs money in terms of time. Meh no. What you've done isn't difficult and could be recreated by any newbie in an hour or so with a decent net connection.

Also, donate button should not be confused with "if you like what i do and want to see more give me money" Mostly semantics but you make it clear all you're after is website costs you'll do better on the not selling a freeware game front.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#42  December 19, 2008, 09:39:51 pm
  • I got a PM.
Sniper is Banned and/or shunned.

This site does not endorse the selling of Copyrighted Material.

Doing such an act can cause problems for the whole community.

We push the envelope as it is, with our little engine. We don't need to cause any kind of legal battles that may destroy our community.

If you have the intention of selling something you made for Mugen then use your own code and sprites of non Copyrighted Material. And even then you are pushing that same envelope because Mugen is Freeware and a dead engine.
#43  December 19, 2008, 09:47:27 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There's really only one way we can explain this guys motivations: Via a rushed out Paint picture:

Course, I'm not sure if he's flamed any of us, but the fact remains. He tried to sell freeware. That is illegal and he tried to deny it. Almost like a REAL criminal, that guy was.

YEah, that pic is a rushed paint job and probably not relevant but the money part might be. Hell if i know.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#44  December 19, 2008, 09:51:38 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Now you're beating a dead horse.

Mods, lock thread plx.
#45  December 19, 2008, 09:59:06 pm
  • I miss titiln
This is as bad as SFO. Accepting "donations" to get access to stuff which is very shaky legal ground (at best) and definitely no moral ground at all.

To add, you're hotlinking files.

This is not the kind of example that needs to be set for other MUGENites.

ironic signature because this is interesting text

I like hate mail
#46  December 19, 2008, 10:06:36 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Unbanned.

What's this about legal battles? Who's gonna start one? :p
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#47  December 19, 2008, 10:11:23 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Cool, a new method of getting easy money.  :sugoi:
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#48  December 19, 2008, 10:21:35 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
As far as "HR" goes, technically, even a 4-by-4 pixel image scaled to 1600-by-1600 is HR, as it is in a high resolution. I think the term "HD (High Definition)" is what that one guy was looking for.

Seriously, if someone is stupid enough to buy something that is meant to  be and can be downloaded for free, then they deserve to get scammed.
#49  December 19, 2008, 11:46:16 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#50  December 19, 2008, 11:55:03 pm
[size=80pt]LOL[/size]
#51  December 19, 2008, 11:57:14 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
lets see, seems he is selling ryanide's origional character.... isnt that oh illegal?
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:07:02 am by Shades team
#52  December 20, 2008, 12:00:50 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
What the fuck Sepp. I thought it was just bad timing the last few times you re-fucked things, but now it seems that whenever you show up, you fuck up something that was just unfucked. Seriously, what the hell.
#53  December 20, 2008, 12:01:05 am
    • Thailand
i also don't think it was in Pokeshos agreement to have their characters sold or in any "huge release"(if this can be considered one), i thinks it major disrespect rather than anything else.
#54  December 20, 2008, 12:22:13 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:51:54 am by Sniper
#55  December 20, 2008, 12:31:05 am
    • Poland
They don't need to. Left select.def in screenpack and put on your site links to creators site. I mean links where people can find characters that you used in pack. I mean all list with sites with stages and chars. People will enter and download newtest version of chars. You didn't have to update when new version of char come out.

Pepple must be download and just put chars i chars folder and stages in stages folder. It's just that simple, and and everyone will be happy.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
Re: BrokenMUGENhr screenpack (bug fixed)
#56  December 20, 2008, 12:45:32 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:50:14 am by Sniper
#57  December 20, 2008, 01:53:17 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's better like that Cedric, because what you were doing wasn't very Glorious.

Now, it would be much better if you could make the select screen actually look HR, by editing the sprites by hand.
#58  December 20, 2008, 01:58:01 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:50:40 am by Sniper
#59  December 20, 2008, 02:16:32 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I took a look at your screenshots. Please use PNG format instead of jpeg, so that you won't have quality loss.

I know it's HR, it can be seen easily on the small portraits, but you didn't work on the other sprites at all, except for the fact that you doubled their size using photoshop, paint or whatever program.
What I'm saying is that you should edit the TV grain thing behind the large portrait to make it HR (or in fact, just don't double its size). There is a P1 and P2 behind the large portrait : modify the diagonal lines to make them smoother.
As a matter of fact, it would look nicer to display the large portrait with scale = 1,1 instead of 2,2, and add more slots. It'd be more appealing.
#60  December 20, 2008, 02:29:48 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:50:58 am by Sniper