YesNoOk

Evolving MUGEN: artistropeadope (Read 308862 times)

Started by artistropeadope, November 29, 2014, 09:51:34 pm
Re: Evolving MUGEN
#21  November 30, 2014, 07:01:49 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#22  November 30, 2014, 07:05:18 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Mugen can't evolve until Elecbyte comes back and gets their shit together.  In the meantime the community is doing the best it can by making it hold Eviolite.
#23  November 30, 2014, 07:08:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Also, sprites should be at least on par with guilty gear before being considered serious. Let me know what you guys think.

lmao

companies cant even find spriters to do cvs level, and you act as if somehow the engine controls the sprite quality.
You want to self ban people from doing things for the engine unless they are GG level? Good luck with having nothing at all.

Online match making would be interesting, you could get the characters you fight against be saved to a tempfolder, so you could move them to your main folder and minimize redownloading if facing the person again. It could perform a checksum to see if any files were changed.
#24  November 30, 2014, 07:09:18 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#25  November 30, 2014, 07:11:49 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
You know the reason why M.U.G.E.N isn't evolving is because Elecbyte's community is using the Everstone so that's why they weren't making any progress.
#26  November 30, 2014, 07:16:49 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#27  November 30, 2014, 07:34:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Some people just have no clue how much work it is to animate /sprite /code a character. I guess he meant GGX Standard even.

What I would like to see in the "Mugenworld" would be bigger collaborations of people to get something together, but yes..that can be difficult of course.
#28  November 30, 2014, 07:42:18 pm
Some people just have no clue how much work it is to animate /sprite /code a character.

I don't know, he was spriting some characters too (Final Fantasy 7 characters in HR and some original ones), but he didn't progress about those ones.
#29  November 30, 2014, 07:52:54 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#30  November 30, 2014, 09:17:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Guys, he said that the sprites had to be as good as Guilty Gear's to be taken seriously.
He means the original Guilty Gear, not X/XX.
#31  November 30, 2014, 09:29:28 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
That's good. They were really low quality.
#32  November 30, 2014, 09:37:41 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#33  November 30, 2014, 09:45:25 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
#34  November 30, 2014, 10:06:17 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Next, challenge it to a fight with it's rival.
#35  November 30, 2014, 10:14:23 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
then wala, your mugen evolved into a mugen with online mode and tag.

i'm going to go kill myself now.
this website is stupid
#36  November 30, 2014, 10:27:44 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
...But your Mugen won't evolve!
#37  November 30, 2014, 10:37:33 pm
#Rare candies, you scrubs.
#38  December 01, 2014, 12:43:59 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I want to say something, but I prefer to wait artistropeadope writes here again and don't think about this is just another flamebait thread made by a "troll"

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#39  December 01, 2014, 02:13:43 am
Being a bit ignorant about this doesn't mean being a troll. He also shared his tastes about sprites. But he expects a bit too much from the community, like Byakko/DKDC said.

I just hope he comes back to clarify everything, as I can see now he had posted this and didn't log in after that.
#40  December 01, 2014, 02:35:58 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I'd like better handling of pushboxes. Either make them a new type of CLSN that is defined with every frame of animation (that's basically what commercial games do) or give us a height SCTRL that acts like the width one but for the top and bottom of the box. Get rid of the hardcoded feature where vulnerability boxes factor into the pushbox equation. Make it solely about the pushboxes.

More control over ground-based hit reels would be nice too. Be able to specify your own friction or deceleration parameter, much like how you can specify a gravity parameter (yaccel) for midair hit reels.

RootVarSet and RootVarAdd SCTRLs. More control over the juggle point feature, such as triggers that check the current value and SCTRLs that can change the value.