YesNoOk

How do I get back at people online? (Read 456902 times)

Started by Zthunder, March 18, 2009, 05:25:56 am
How do I get back at people online?
#1  March 18, 2009, 05:25:56 am
Hello friends. I know this sounds weird but I'm pretty pissed. I use to visit a site called Gamefaqs for years and the site is horrible. It's full of trolls and idiots. I know I know. You can get that at any message board. But look. here's the problem. I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THERE 5 FREAKIN TIMES!! Who causes the ban? The Anime and Manga Social Board ( or AMSB).

Why would you want to get back at a bunch of strangers you may ask. It's simple. They've taken it one step too far. Looking up my username Zthunder and searching for me on the web to bring up humiliating personal things about me (note to self. Change username when visiting different sites). But the fact that they would do such a thing is...is unacceptable.

I need to get back at them but how? I can't sleep or think or anything. All I want to see is that place crumble for the humiliation and the pain they put me threw. Please help.
Re: How do I get back at people online?
#2  March 18, 2009, 05:30:00 am
What's the point at getting back at them?
It'll just make YOU look just as bad as them.

My advice, even though it hurts ignore them for their ignorance.
Showing emotions just shows how weak one truly is, no offense.
#3  March 18, 2009, 05:36:26 am
I understand that completely but still. It hurts. I only wanted to be friends with them and they spit in my face. Now it's gotten personal.

I know they have some stupid little IRC they visit too. Is there anyway I can "take 'em down" in their without lashing out and getting kicked? Anyway at all? I can't even go back to Gamefaqs anymore for a while. Not that I want to get banned for a 6th time anyway ( I seriously am done with that site). But I would still like to get back at them some how.

DMK

#4  March 18, 2009, 05:38:13 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
No. It's the just the internet. Get over it and move on.
#5  March 18, 2009, 05:41:00 am
Ok. Well maybe it would be easier to say it like this. *sigh*

I don't have a life. The internet is basically my life. Them embarrassing me in and angering me in my "life" sorta ruined my life. Now I want to get back at them.

Translation: I have nothing better to do and I still hate them.

OZ

#6  March 18, 2009, 06:06:34 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
First and foremost, find some sort of life offline.

Secondly, Gamefaqs is merely a drop in the ocean that is the internet.
Ramble on.

If you want to be stubborn, I suppose you could always employ the service of trolls.
ಠ_ಠ
#7  March 18, 2009, 06:19:34 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
I think you need to call up a certain group...nWo
#8  March 18, 2009, 06:20:07 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
nWo? C'mon man he's serious

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#9  March 18, 2009, 06:24:53 am
The troll idea isn't perfect but I guess it's better then nothing. If you know any could you send them there? Also, if you know anyone who can plant annoying bots or something in the irc I can show you the way to that.

I would like to confront them up close and personal myself but this will have to do for the time being.

Also, this nWo. Is this some type of joke or is this a group of trolls or something that will actually help me? Reminds me of a joke from here but hey, just double checking.
Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:30:03 am by Zthunder
#10  March 18, 2009, 07:39:05 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Hmm...Trolls....Check out TrollKingom

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#11  March 18, 2009, 09:13:42 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Um yeah, suggestions of trolling are just comedy. You need to (A) realize that an Internet forum doesn't matter, and (B) move on.

I would like to confront them up close and personal myself but this will have to do for the time being.

You mean, physically? It's not happening. While the people on the Internet are real people sitting at a computer clicking a mouse somewhere, there's a clear distinction between Internet people and people you encounter physically. That's where the acronym IRL comes from. There's no way to get back at whoever you have a problem with. You can, however, acknowledge the meaningless of getting back at them.
#12  March 18, 2009, 01:04:10 pm
I didn't mean in person ( although that would be the BEST possible way to settle it.) I meant doing something online myself to handle the problem instead of sending people after them.

But yes, I'm well aware that it's the internet and I should let it go. But still I hate being picked on and humiliated. I justed wanted to prove that I'm not a chump.
#13  March 18, 2009, 04:08:54 pm
    • Germany
I... don't even know what to say. Dude it's the internet. There are several millions of people around, and since it's way easier to be an asshole when people can't get back at you, some people behave like the biggest douches. That's just how it is.

a) You cannot "prove" anything on the internet, no matter what you do people will ridicule your attempts at best
b) Trying makes you either pathetic, dumb, an asshole or any combination of those

So basically, my advice is: Grow up. Unless you want this to be another dark chapter of your life you don't want to talk about five years from now. The people you so utterly hate have probably forgotten you even exist by now.
#14  March 18, 2009, 04:29:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You can either
a) ignore them.
b) troll them.
c) pose as a different person, gain their trust, then backstab them.

sorted by effort.
#15  March 18, 2009, 05:14:04 pm
Honestly. It may be easy for you guys to forget but not for me. My whole life I've always been getting embarrassed or pushed around. I won't let this go on anymore. Especially the internet.

Now this troll kingdom. Will they troll the place for me if I request it?
#16  March 18, 2009, 05:21:54 pm
SRSLY, pm Kevin Nash with your story. If there's one place the nwo's needed, it's there.

The people's Republic of Australia
#17  March 18, 2009, 05:28:39 pm
Is he a user here or are you talking about the wrestler? I'm so serious about doing this. If you can help me let me know.
#18  March 18, 2009, 05:34:25 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#19  March 18, 2009, 05:37:24 pm
You are a lifesaver. Thank you so freakin much.
#20  March 18, 2009, 05:38:24 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
LOL Gamefaqs.

LOL taking Gamefaqs seriously.