YesNoOk

How do I get back at people online? (Read 456975 times)

Started by Zthunder, March 18, 2009, 05:25:56 am
Re: How do I get back at people online?
#21  March 18, 2009, 05:39:41 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hello friends. I know this sounds weird but I'm pretty pissed. I use to visit a site called Gamefaqs for years and the site is horrible. It's full of trolls and idiots. I know I know. You can get that at any message board. But look. here's the problem. I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THERE 5 FREAKIN TIMES!! Who causes the ban? The Anime and Manga Social Board ( or AMSB).

Doing it wrong then. I've had an account there since 2004 and I haven't gotten the axe there once.

and I've learned from personal experience that getting back at people on the internet is a bad idea. You'll only end up in the same boat as they are.
#22  March 18, 2009, 05:43:16 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
lol gamefags
#23  March 18, 2009, 05:50:20 pm
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm
or should i say....Gamefucks?
is there anyway to get their emails xD ?
#24  March 18, 2009, 05:52:31 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You're not going to put a dent in them if you even try. There's been people who've done stuff 1000x worse than you (500+ banned accounts, massive rampages, multiple account jackings), who haven't done damage to the site and ended up with their internets shut down.
#25  March 18, 2009, 05:59:43 pm
Hello friends. I know this sounds weird but I'm pretty pissed. I use to visit a site called Gamefaqs for years and the site is horrible. It's full of trolls and idiots. I know I know. You can get that at any message board. But look. here's the problem. I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM THERE 5 FREAKIN TIMES!! Who causes the ban? The Anime and Manga Social Board ( or AMSB).

Doing it wrong then. I've had an account there since 2004 and I haven't gotten the axe there once.

and I've learned from personal experience that getting back at people on the internet is a bad idea. You'll only end up in the same boat as they are.

This is different. They act so harsh on that particular board to me I end up losing my cool and going off. Let me give you a recent example of how they troll me. We were in the irc chat one time and one user who has always hated me ( Ive been there since 2005 so I knew a few people) came in crying about his life. He had a good reason though. His father died. I didn't know about this until someone told me secretly that this happened. Before I had already posted "I thought things were going well for you, what happened?" ( no sarcasm, real concern) he then decided to use me as a punching bag and starts talking about me and saying how I don't have a life and stuff. I retailed by saying something back to him and the stupid mods (who are also Gamefaqs users) in the irc kicked me.

Next I made a topic asking why they would do that and that he started it when I was only being nice and they completely disrespects me. I say a harsh comment about his father ( I was pissed, I know.) and then suddenly their posting stuff from other sites that are too personal. I lash out and later get a message saying I've been banned.

That particular board, the anime and manga social board. Is cruel. Maybe it's my fault for keep going back but still. The way they have forced me to get banned is unacceptable and i refuse to return their unless I'm going for revenge. I'm not a bad user but I've been pushed.
#26  March 18, 2009, 06:01:32 pm
You're not going to put a dent in them if you even try. There's been people who've done stuff 1000x worse than you (500+ banned accounts, massive rampages, multiple account jackings), who haven't done damage to the site and ended up with their internets shut down.

I'm well aware of how strict they are at Gamefaqs but I was hoping there was some other way to get back at them.. That's also why I brought up that stupid chat they go to. I just want to crush that one particular board. To hell with the rest of gamefaqs.
#27  March 18, 2009, 06:03:04 pm
    • Germany
a) You cannot "prove" anything on the internet, no matter what you do people will ridicule your attempts at best
b) Trying makes you either pathetic, dumb, an asshole or any combination of those

..pay close attention to point b. you're getting there.
#28  March 18, 2009, 06:07:38 pm
So I'm the asshole for trying to get back at them? No they are the assholes who pushed me their. How am I dumb or pathetic for wanting revenge? I just want to see them crumble for what they've done to me. After that they can recover and go back to being trolls. I just want to get back at them.
#29  March 18, 2009, 06:08:17 pm
    • Germany
Ok let me put it this way: you can't.
#30  March 18, 2009, 06:10:07 pm
I will. I've already began my next move. They may not pay the way i want them too but they will pay somehow.
#31  March 18, 2009, 06:16:46 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
You can NEVER take revenge on people on the net.
The worst thing that could happen is that they have got a virus, Or that their account could have been hacked.

You can try and try, But they will come back, And they will hit you harder.
Dont act stupid, In such sort of actions the one that does try to take revenge fails.
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#32  March 18, 2009, 06:41:22 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Ugh.  I've always hated the idea of "it'll make you look as bad as them if you try to get back at them".  It makes it sound like the 3rd party (i.e. people not involved looking in from the outside) is the one that matters the most.

Dude, I say go for it.  Learn everything you can about windows etc, surround yourself with proxies (and by this I mean scapegoats or sheilds that can keep you from being the one who takes the punishment, not the actual internet proxy, though that could help as well) and fight the power!  Hell, there's people who hack banks for a living, then blackmail the bank for a job working there, telling them they know how to compromise their system, and get away with it LEGALLY, for scott fucking free.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 06:44:48 pm by Sol Badguy Z

OZ

#33  March 18, 2009, 06:42:43 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
^ Yeah, listen to this guy. He knows what he's doing.
ಠ_ಠ
#34  March 18, 2009, 06:58:51 pm
Ugh.  I've always hated the idea of "it'll make you look as bad as them if you try to get back at them".  It makes it sound like the 3rd party (i.e. people not involved looking in from the outside) is the one that matters the most.

Dude, I say go for it.  Learn everything you can about windows etc, surround yourself with proxies (and by this I mean scapegoats or sheilds that can keep you from being the one who takes the punishment, not the actual internet proxy, though that could help as well) and fight the power!  Hell, there's people who hack banks for a living, then blackmail the bank for a job working there, telling them they know how to compromise their system, and get away with it LEGALLY, for scott fucking free.

Exactly! Thats what I want. I want to take them down without actually "taking them down". Sorta like "Lol. I was behind all of this. I win" sorta thing.  Thats what I mean! I just want them to know that they picked the wrong one to mess with.
#35  March 18, 2009, 06:59:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Why would you want to get revenge on people online before you would want to get revenge against people in real life?

Real life would be a heck of a lot easier! But... then they can get YOU back too. Oh and laws and stuff.

Yeah, may want to stick to getting internet pplz back instead.
#36  March 18, 2009, 07:00:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Yah, at least it'll give you some false sense of pride.
#37  March 18, 2009, 11:29:17 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Why would you want to get back at a bunch of strangers you may ask. It's simple. They've taken it one step too far. Looking up my username Zthunder and searching for me on the web to bring up humiliating personal things about me (note to self. Change username when visiting different sites). But the fact that they would do such a thing is...is unacceptable.
You never learn LOL.  Now they're going to know your counter attack strategy and put it in your face.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#38  March 18, 2009, 11:36:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol. I just googled for zthunder.
#39  March 19, 2009, 12:39:43 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
LMAO