YesNoOk

No New Bloody Roar announced for 2012... we were trolled (Read 257224 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, October 01, 2011, 08:45:23 am
Re: New Bloody Roar announced for 2012!
#41  October 02, 2011, 12:00:09 am
oh and... Fox maybe? Every game needs a FABULOUS character.
=>
Hans, Mitsuko, and Greg will Return! #BloodyRoarProject2012
http://twitter.com/#!/HudsonSoftLtd/status/120194148543377408
IIRC, Hans is Fox's real name (Fox is the on-screen name but his actual name is Hans, it's All There In The Manual).

So glad to see this series make a comeback. I thank Capcom and Ono for reviving Street Fighter and shoving the genre back on the scene.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#42  October 02, 2011, 12:11:11 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
IIRC, Hans is Fox's real name (Fox is the on-screen name but his actual name is Hans, it's All There In The Manual).

So glad to see this series make a comeback. I thank Capcom and Ono for reviving Street Fighter and shoving the genre back on the scene.
Oh, I never got to read the manual. BUT, I think his real name is mentioned in the ending.

Isn't Uranus pretty much Urkio's Boss form just with some differences
Yeah, pretty much. I just prefer Uriko's design.

So... do you post about games you don't know? Because there was a fox in the first fucking game.

Reading comprehension retard, do you know it?
#43  October 02, 2011, 12:11:26 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Chronos out Uranus is in
http://twitter.com/#!/HudsonSoftLtd/status/120258645576527872
Oh Cronos ;( Taking a break, Uranus is confirmed! =) @Jabberwockxeno

Orginal cast Seems like the ones who were in Numbered games
@HudsonSoftLtd Are you bringing Xion back? And are we actually going to see another Mitsuko vs. Uriko mother vs. daughter fight? :D
@Lenoh Hai! =) Rest assure, the original cast will be back!

Kenji is the Bakuryu for this one
@DatRoyKoopa Original died ;( His successor will remain.
http://twitter.com/#!/HudsonSoftLtd/status/120259541366607872
#44  October 02, 2011, 12:17:48 am
Oh, I never got to read the manual. BUT, I think his real name is mentioned in the ending.
Yah, I was quoting the trope "all there in the manual" (i.e. kind of hidden or not even said in the actual game but mentioned in side/external material). Don't remember where exactly it's said, in the actual manual or else, could be in the ending.

I remember BR1 being the game that made me chose buying a PSX instead of a Saturn back then.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#45  October 02, 2011, 12:21:25 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I had to youtube the ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyq1zFpwK3k
So yeah, his name was kept as Fox in-game to setup the ending, or something.

Huh Ryuzo Kato is dead alright but that doesn't deconfirm Kohryu, does it?
#46  October 02, 2011, 12:25:06 am
    • USA
Weird thing is he is Called Hance in his ending. if Uranus is in i would believe Kohryu to be in as well.
#47  October 02, 2011, 12:31:57 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I guess it's a poor translation job. ハンス-Hansu-Hance/Hans.

I hope they don't bring back Nagi, Ryoho, Reiji or Mana. Maybe I just don't like them because BR4 was awful (And also there was that DNA mode where you had to grind a lot to get a new super move)
#48  October 02, 2011, 12:48:39 am
I don't mind Nagi's "too sexy to wear a t-shirt" character design plus redheads are rare (though her beast form was weird) and Reiji/a crow is a fine design that goes very well with the series, at least on paper. If the problem is the gameplay of 4, they only need to be made to work into a revamp. Considering the series was kind of building itself into a dead-end with each new game, it's possible they're doing a reboot, and if they are, Nagi and Reiji can always work.
(Mana's just weird, it was an original idea for the series but the execution sucked)
Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:55:10 am by Byakko
#49  October 02, 2011, 12:57:29 am
    • USA
Don't think we got to worry about it being like BR4, Reiji and perhaps Nagi is the only two they should keep from BR4 Mana and Ryoho kinda defeated the purpose of transformations, Nagi just needs a revamp maybe a different beast form.
@HudsonSoftLtd PLEASE DON'T TURN OUT LIKE BR4! PLEASE DON'T TURN OUT LIKE BR4! PLEASE DON'T TURN OUT LIKE BR4!17 h
@GarciaINCIDENT heheh ;P it's revamped.

#50  October 02, 2011, 12:58:21 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I hated Nagi's beast form, it was just boring. Reiji is alright I guess, even though the crow moves weren't too impressive (I never got the patience to unlock his new super)

Semi-related: I liked more Fang than Yugo. I doubt we'll see Fang again though.

hjk

#51  October 02, 2011, 01:02:20 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
The problem with Nagi and Reiji were their base/human designs :gonk:
They were both extremely boring. Their beast modes were something to talk about though; I enjoyed both.

And OMG, I get to be Bakuryu one more time  :smitten:

Did Xion ever become popular? I feel like he would have received mixed responses...
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#52  October 02, 2011, 01:04:43 am
    • USA
#53  October 02, 2011, 01:05:37 am
I... I just don't see how you can call Nagi's and Reiji's human form boring in comparison to designs like Yugo, Gado, Shina, Jenny, Alice, Long, Shen Long... Not saying the others are more boring, but Nagi and Reiji look normal and they fit with the rest just fine.
I never saw Fang in action, wasn't he a face/color swap of Yugo ?
#54  October 02, 2011, 01:12:29 am
    • USA
They were both extremely boring. Their beast modes were something to talk about though; I enjoyed both.

But Nagi's beast form was basically her human form with a blade arm.

He had some of his own moves but he palyed real similiar to Yugo

@HudsonSoftLtd when can we see some trailers & screenshot for bloody roar 5 & will it be on xbox360 & ps3 & wii u?
Hopefully by January! and no wii u =( @videogame554
Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:17:42 am by Moon Girard
#55  October 02, 2011, 01:17:31 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
He was Yugo's extra costume in Extreme (He's a guest character from a BR manga though). His movelist was mostly Yugo's but some of his chains were different and I think he had one or two new moves.

hjk

#56  October 02, 2011, 01:20:53 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
I... I just don't see how you can call Nagi's and Reiji's human form boring in comparison to designs like Yugo, Gado, Shina, Jenny, Alice, Long, Shen Long... Not saying the others are more boring, but Nagi and Reiji look normal and they fit with the rest just fine.
I see what you're saying. I feel as though those characters fit their roles except Alice was a snore in each of the numbered games except BR3 imo (I have no idea why I feel that way). Long was boring... but, I'd expect him to be boring. But we'll have to fight if you thought Gado was boring >:(
As for Reiji and Nagi, everytime I watch vids with them, I can't help but give a grimace.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Color swap.
More of a Kick-Boxer than Yugo though, but that's no saying much ttytt.  :S

But Nagi's beast form was basically her human form with a blade arm.
I liked her moves sorta. I thought they made up enough for her human design.

Edit:
V
Also, I want a fucking shark in this one.
WIN!
That and the crab.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:42:49 am by Sunidhi

MDD

#57  October 02, 2011, 01:25:37 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Though I doubt they can save Nagi at this point, Reiji is still salvageable since his beast mode was kinda cool and they can just give him a better design.

Also, I want a fucking shark in this one.
#58  October 02, 2011, 01:48:35 am
    • USA
#59  October 02, 2011, 01:59:21 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
With all these revivals we need a new Toshinden (The terrible Wii game doesn't count) with returning characters and art by Tsukasa Kotobuki.
#60  October 02, 2011, 02:54:42 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada