YesNoOk

Re: VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P. (Read 348636 times)

Started by Jamessmithy967, August 06, 2015, 08:59:48 pm
Re: VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P.
#1  August 06, 2015, 08:59:48 pm
    • USA
    • Jamessmithy967@gmail.com
Viofitz, very nice sprite.  Please however do NOT add any GORE sprites to her.  If you made any please remove them.  That is what I hate about her old sprite besides the poor quality and I don't even use her because of her gore sprites.  She is too pretty for gore with this new sprite and I want this sprite to re-spark my interest in playing as her.  Let us know when she is done and available for download.
Re: Re: VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P.
#2  August 06, 2015, 09:07:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Do not tell an author/artist to remove something due to your own preference. That's really rude. If you don't like anything that may be released with these (or any) sprites you simply remove them yourself!
You don't get to dictate what other artists can and can't create in their works.

EDIT: Thought this was in the Resource Release board for some reason. Also do not bump topics that are over 30 days old unless you have something useful to add.
Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:15:46 pm by Just No Point
#3  August 08, 2015, 01:49:35 am
    • USA
I didn't mean to be rude.  I am just sick of seeing my favorite character slaughtered to pieces.  I think that it is just logical to understand that.  The author asked for constructive criticism so that is my piece.  He made a great sprite that I just don't want to see destroyed. I am not "dictating" what the author can do, I am simply asking him not to add any gore sprites (rip his own character to pieces).  Any logical, decent person could understand me asking this question. Several mugen players hate gore, I am not the only one, so I asked nicely for the character not to be torn into pieces.  "Oh so terrible" LOL.
#4  August 08, 2015, 02:30:13 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Isn't the point of Samurai Shodown characters to kill their opponents in a way or another in nearly every game of the series, though?

Like, if it bothers you so much, just make a character with VioFitz sprites by yourself and don't include any gore in it. Or you could just wait until someone else did, and in case there was violence included somehow, you could just open up and edit the character.

Also, for something that bothers "several" mugen players, you're the first person that I'm seeing to feel so bothered about violence-- specially from a character that comes from a violent franchise to begin with. That's like asking to not include fatalities in a Mortal Kombat mugen character.

Shit

DW

#5  August 08, 2015, 02:31:40 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's his waifu. Don't interfere.
#6  August 08, 2015, 02:36:19 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Getting between a man and his waifu can end your laifu
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#7  August 09, 2015, 12:13:34 am
    • USA
Well if it a character that you like you feel more sensitive to it and Mina has excessively violently gore, not moderate gore like Femina Blakey or Warner's Leela.  MotorRoach, you mentioned Samurai Showdown taking down characters in violent way, but yet Iroha has ZERO, YES 0 gore sprites included in her sprites in fighter factory and she holds giant freaking knives!!  Iroha comes from the violent game Samurai Showdown, but yet there is almost no gore of her in mugen and no gore sprites made of her and no gore versions of her.

People tend to favor Iroha over Mina as a waifu character, thus several people must obviously take an aversion to gore of her and there are not even many mugen gore pictures of her.  Most normal people I know don't like seeing their favorite female anime characters torn to shreds.  However I found by accident that Iroha  is a common Hentai character despite having no gore sprites.  I don't mind gun or shooting or blood games, but gore bothers me a bit especially excessive gore. 

I find anime gore especially creepy because you are tearing cute characters to pieces, which is a very odd mix.   However I don't exactly mind mortal kombat, because the characters seem darker to begin with.  Most of the more attractive mugen characters like Iroha,  Chun-li tend not to have gore sprites whether they come form a violent game or not, so people must have at least some aversion to gore unless they are a potential serial-killer.

I would remove Mina's gore sprites myself, but there are WAY too many of them and each one is progressively worse and I don't have the stomach for it.

I don't know much about samurai showdown  and never played it, but I just now that the mugen version of Iroha has no gore sprites so I just think a new gore-less version of Mina would be ideal or at least a non-gore option.  This is mugen, a custom game not mortal combat or samurai showdown.
#8  August 09, 2015, 06:05:43 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I don't know much about samurai showdown  and never played it

I'm going to have to trigger you for a moment, then.

Also, are you telling me that some characters shouldn't be torn to shreds because... they are attractive? Nobody really cares about your preference for preserving waifus, and nor should anybody care. You're asking for VioFitz to remove gore just because you don't like it, despite even Mina herself having a finisher move in Samurai Shodown V.

Iroha is also a highly irrelevant argument, because from what I know, Iroha debuts in Samurai Shodown 6... which is not nearly as violent as 5, so it's no surprise that there's no violence in her sprites.

And at last, you're being obsessive with basically nothing. Including this gore that triggers you so much isn't even a requirement for CvS characters, and from what I know, VioFitz didn't ever mention including anything violent, and yet you come from nowhere telling him to remove something that  you couldn't even be sure that was included or not.

Congratu-fucking-lations.

Shit
#9  August 09, 2015, 06:31:01 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Though I want to be nice... and I wish everyone else would be...

I can't help but tell you the truth: in canon, your waifu is dead. She commits suicide at the end of SS5 because of that stupid rat thing.
#10  August 09, 2015, 06:40:37 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#11  August 09, 2015, 08:51:54 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I can't help but tell you the truth: in canon, your waifu is dead. She commits suicide at the end of SS5 because of that stupid rat thing.

I simply love you, xDDDD
I swear there was something cool here!!
#12  August 09, 2015, 08:59:50 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

I've though Zankuro [In his Super Japanese form] tore her apart ... Everything is lies D:
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#13  August 09, 2015, 11:51:13 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Jamessmithy967, no, just shut up. One cannot claim said character is a waifu if one does not know about said character. You not playing her in the games she's actually been in is another major no no. Mina is pretty depressing character, but you only "like" her because of her looks.  As someone who actually plays the damn games and uses Mina, as well as knows Mina's character and background, it's easier to call you a damn jabroni. You are not the real.
No

lui

#14  August 09, 2015, 12:04:48 pm
    • USA
this guy must join the guild full of soccer moms who wanted to petition mortal kombat to be less violent in the 90's
lel
#15  August 09, 2015, 02:52:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Moomaster calm down with the "shut up"s and name calling. You can disagree and even poke at him for what he's saying. But he hasn't reacted in a way that would warrant such aggression.
#16  August 09, 2015, 07:57:05 pm
    • USA
I just nicely  asked for well-designed sprite not to have gore in it and all of this fall-out and name calling for a matter that doesn't even concern you? How ridiculous.  You people are too unstable and demented for me to deal with.  I can't even take you all seriously any more.
#17  August 09, 2015, 08:08:39 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
You bumped a topic that was months-old to make a ridiculous request for a spriter doing a personal project to not include something that he may not have been planning on including anyway. You did this in your FIRST POST. You have made yourself seem more unstable and demented and unable to take seriously than we could EVER make you. Take a bow and consider shaping up.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#18  August 09, 2015, 08:12:44 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I just nicely  asked for well-designed sprite not to have gore in it and all of this fall-out and name calling for a matter that doesn't even concern you? How ridiculous.  You people are too unstable and demented for me to deal with.  I can't even take you all seriously any more.

Well, joking mode off...

A sincerily suggestion:

Do you learn how to use Fighter Factory? You can delete ALL sprites who are used for Fatality/Zetsumei Ougi states on groups even without seeing these.

After the char is finished you just only ask to author where exactly are the groups who uses custom sprites for fatalities. After that just delete the groups. It's a friendly tip. Aside the jokings on the other posts, I really understand your trouble with violence/gorish stuff on fighting games[no, seriously, i REALLY understand, without sarcasm or irony] but the next time when you want to suggest to avoid violent stuff, remember you always can delete all 'undesired' stuff and play as your wish.

I probably will be mocked to say that type of tip, but I'm not regret to help someone XD
- Donations is welcome
#19  August 09, 2015, 08:19:57 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Or you just can learn to sprite or code for doing stuff instead of waiting others to do it
I swear there was something cool here!!
#20  August 09, 2015, 08:25:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
/\ Great resume :P
- Donations is welcome