YesNoOk

Understand, understand, the concept of fanart (and bad grammar) (Read 591209 times)

Started by Zantetsuken, September 26, 2012, 08:22:47 pm
Re: Understand, understand, the concept of fanart (and bad grammar)
#21  September 27, 2012, 03:12:02 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
So yes you are breaking the law.

Capcom does not object to a one-off use of a character for such things as school projects or a personal T-shirt with the understanding that this is done as a personal activity and that you do not intend to receive revenue by this use of our property. Also, we will not object to such use as long as it is not obscene, defamatory, libelous, offensive or slanderous towards Capcom, our products, or employees, or any third party and does not violate any intellectual property right or a person's right of publicity or privacy. This policy is in no way meant to be interpreted as creating an agreement or grant of license from Capcom to you. We reserve the right to withdraw our permission should this prove necessary.

If you or anyone else wish to use one of our characters or trademarks for commercial purposes, please contact usa gain at feedback@capcom.com giving as much information as possible about your proposal and we will forward it to the relevant department.

Yours faithfully,

Stephen I at Capcom Technical Support

No use asking you guys about these things, you make up your own rules to suit yourselves.
I rock

#22  September 27, 2012, 03:17:40 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
God, he's not selling this to everybody, like selling T-Shirts. Garuda pay for CvS Abstract to do something for him. He's paying for the job. The sprites themselves are free. Anybody can grab them now, and CvS Abstract won't get money for them.

We talked about this in another thread. I don't know if it was you or another person. But knowing you, it's easy to understand you'll never get it. And if you hate this place so much, as I can see in your comments, why stay here?
#23  September 27, 2012, 03:20:16 pm
  • Mugenite
Don't hate the place.

I just don't want the guy getting shot in the ass for copyright infringement.

Do you want me to ask someone else. I think the email from Capcom clearly states that he shouldn't be taking money for using their work.
I rock

#24  September 27, 2012, 03:24:01 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
-.- you are such a party  pooper like seriously, You seem jealously and seem like you went about your way to ask capcom about shit. what a snitch to fucking ruin everything you jerk. whats next u gonna tell marvel,namco and snk next?
#25  September 27, 2012, 03:25:52 pm
  • Mugenite
Never told them. I just asked because the supposed straight answers I was getting from here were just alterations to the rules to suit their own agenda.
I rock

#26  September 27, 2012, 03:29:37 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
I really don't understand what you want Zantetsuken...  What's the point of your rant?

You don't want the guy to be shot in the ass? Like you really care!!!

Leave the problems to us, me and CvS, if problem will ever show up. But I bet your next, silly move will be emailg some Capcom guy pointing him to this tread...

Did you read Iced post? If so did you understand it? If not I think Iced will gladly explain it in a simpler way, like "an idiot guide to..."

Cap

#27  September 27, 2012, 03:31:45 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Why do you care so much? You're like that one person at the office that snitches on everyone else, trying to suck up to the boss, and even the boss you're snitching to wishes you'd shut up.
#28  September 27, 2012, 03:32:01 pm
    • USA
but the sprite arent Profitable at all, these aint a school project or something im selling,
That like people selling ps3 on ebay and gettin money for selling a ps3 console to a buyer... u dont hear people complaining about copy righted things or even pay people putting capcom games on ebay n selling it to the buyer's

Its like im selling my pixel skills to get money, But im not making millions off of it. so what the deal

its clearly say if u selling their profits,But no one doing that. That like garuda asking me to Draw a gouken on  T shirt as a commission n he will pay me for it. it not a business of me making millions off of their copy righted work.

How many time have capcom broken laws with these wack as DLC in sfxtk with model of characters already build in the disc?

What aint fair for the simple fact capcom is hungry greedy company who can give a rat ass what the people want.

look how a fail sfxtk was?

*MY BAD GRAMMAR*
#29  September 27, 2012, 03:32:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
No it's not alterations of the rules. Explain why he can't be paid for the work he does? If it's Fenny or Gouken it doesn't matter. He's still doing the work.

Artists do this ALL THE TIME. You can even be paid commission to make a spiderman comic and put it on the net for free. That's how commissions have always worked long before they became a thing in MUGEN
#30  September 27, 2012, 03:36:26 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I paid someone to tattoo an Autobot symbol on my right arm. So, am I breaking the law, did the tattoo artist break the law, or does Hasbro now own my right arm?
#31  September 27, 2012, 03:37:01 pm
  • Mugenite
What do you think the result would be if I did link to this thread?

You'd find out that after asking everyone on here about the breaking the rules and asking Capcom myself you'll find out I was right all along?

Only 1 way to find out I suppose.

I rock

#32  September 27, 2012, 03:38:47 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
seriously zantetsuken u starting to be prick again the sprite is a original and  if they going to report as frigging copyright so bring it

dont get so rage man and learn how to deal with it

if i were you guys ignore the little bastard
#33  September 27, 2012, 03:41:27 pm
  • Mugenite
I don't call it reporting. I just wanted a straight answer and wasn't getting one from here.
I rock

#34  September 27, 2012, 03:43:31 pm
    • www.dementi.it
I think he deserve to be insulted lol

He just want to call the internet police: do it, ruin the party and be the most hated person in the Mugen community.

Please don't forget to tell Capcom I have also paid for Haggar to be sprites!

You will gain so much doing all this, you will be the most famous Mugen creator of all time...

Wait, you did nothing for the community in all these years...

#35  September 27, 2012, 03:44:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You got a straight answer. And it also depends on who you ask in capcom and if they understand exactly what is being done here. Like SNK didn't understand the scope of the question the 1st time it was asked.
#36  September 27, 2012, 03:45:05 pm
    • www.dementi.it
I don't call it reporting. I just wanted a straight answer and wasn't getting one from here.

Iced answer you 2 times in a very cristal clear way, you just keep ignoring his post...

Go on make yourself at home.

#37  September 27, 2012, 03:45:22 pm
  • Mugenite
I had no problem until I found out Capcom's work was being sold.
I rock

#38  September 27, 2012, 03:46:46 pm
    • USA
i guess users on ebay is breaking the law selling their games on ebay right?

Posted: September 27, 2012, 03:47:31 pm
did you see the nike custom akuma sneakers thatbeen commission? i guess that breaking the law to?
#39  September 27, 2012, 03:49:21 pm
    • www.dementi.it
So you are Capcom defender? OMG I didn't know...

Please forgive us!

Now to clear all this mess: CvS please delete the link to the sprite set of Gouken in the first post, then please destroy every single sprite of Gouken.

Will this be ok or we are domed and u will take us to the internet prison?

#40  September 27, 2012, 03:49:56 pm
  • Mugenite
Course they fucking are, that has got to be the stupidest question I've ever heard.

I'm going from what I read in the Mugen rules 5 years ago, what I reread a couple of months ago.

What I read in the 'Why Capcom Won't Sue Mugen' thread and what I read in an Email from Capcom.

Believe what you want.
I rock